|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chaters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Coach Wooden believes that no coach should be trusted with the responsibility of a team unless he is what?
(a) Ready to accept losing as much as winning.
(b) An excellent player himself.
(c) Ready to disciple when necessary.
(d) Spiritually strong.
2. In what year of Coach Wooden's college coaching experience, did his team win their conference title?
(a) His third year.
(b) His first year.
(c) His fifth year.
(d) His second year.
3. Coach Wooden disagreed with coaches who told their players to...?
(a) Give 110%.
(b) Practice the night before a game.
(c) Not date during basketball season.
(d) Put basketball before studying.
4. Who did Coach Wooden not discuss as one of the most influential people in his life?
(a) His mother.
(b) His coach at Purdue.
(c) His high school coach.
(d) His father.
5. Why did Coach Wooden's family move to Martinsville?
(a) Because they found a bigger farm.
(b) Because Coach Wooden wanted to play at a different high school.
(c) Because they lost their farm.
(d) Because Coach Wooden's dad got a new job.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Coach Wooden's first high-school coaching job, where did he move for his second high-school coaching job?
2. In Coach's favorite poem, "They Ask Me Why I Teach," what was the answer to the author's question?
3. What did Coach Wooden develop to teach his ideas of success?
4. In what year did UCLA win their first NCAA championship?
5. What took Wooden away from his home in 1943?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)