|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 & 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was freshman player Kenny Washington from?
(b) New York.
(c) South Carolina.
2. Why did Coach Wooden's family move to Martinsville?
(a) Because they lost their farm.
(b) Because they found a bigger farm.
(c) Because Coach Wooden wanted to play at a different high school.
(d) Because Coach Wooden's dad got a new job.
3. Most of Coach Wooden's college players were what?
(d) African Americans.
4. After the war, what was difficult for Coach Wooden's family to find in South Bend?
(a) Affordable housing.
(b) Kind neighbors.
(c) A job for Nellie.
(d) Adequate schools.
5. Besides coaching at the high-school level, what class did Coach Wooden teach?
Short Answer Questions
1. Doug McIntosh was at UCLA on a make good scholarship. What does this mean?
2. Who first noticed Wooden's "good luck charm"?
3. How did Wooden feel about money as a high-school student?
4. In what year did Coach Wooden move back to Indiana?
5. What promise did Coach Wooden make to Eddie, a young member of his South Bend team?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)