|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Wooden family moved to Martinsville, what did Coach Wooden's father do for a living?
(a) He taught at Coach's school.
(b) He was a farmer.
(c) He gave massages.
(d) He worked at a restaurant.
2. Why did Coach Wooden's family move to Martinsville?
(a) Because they lost their farm.
(b) Because they found a bigger farm.
(c) Because Coach Wooden's dad got a new job.
(d) Because Coach Wooden wanted to play at a different high school.
3. What signal did Coach Wooden give to Nellie before each game when he was a coach?
(a) He winked at her.
(b) He introduced her to the crowd.
(c) He waved at her with his rolled up program.
(d) He whistled at her.
4. Where did Coach Wooden meet his future wife, Nellie?
(a) At his summer job.
(b) At a summer carnival.
(c) At a high-school basketball game.
(d) At church.
5. Why did Coach Wooden remove Walt Hazzard from several games?
(a) Because he showed off on the court.
(b) Because he made too many fouls.
(c) Because he yelled at the referees.
(d) Because he did not get along with the other players.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because of an incident between Coach Wooden and his brother as children, what did he vow never to do?
2. When Walt Hazzard played in a game, he liked to stand out by doing which of the following?
3. What did Coach Wooden's high-school coach prohibit his players from doing during basketball season?
4. Why did Nellie and Coach Wooden break up several times during high school?
5. Coach Wooden's father told him to make each day what?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)