|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22 - 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Kareem the only player allowed to rest in the training room from time to time during practice?
(a) He suffered from migraines.
(b) He had young children at home that kept him up at night.
(c) He had a sleeping disorder.
(d) He needed therapy for a knee injury.
2. What major change did Coach Wooden make in his practices that improved the team's NCAA finals.?
(a) Letting players run some practices.
(b) Adding more scrimmages.
(c) Shortening the length of practices.
(d) Allowing more team members to play together.
3. Coach Wooden believed that his most successful players were not successful because of skill but because of what?
4. In order for players to give their best, Coach says they must be composed, self-controlled, and have what?
5. What was Coach Wooden most surprised about when he began coaching at UCLA?
(a) How horrible the team was.
(b) How much money the assistant coaches received.
(c) How big the fan base was.
(d) How many great players he had.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were Kareem's teammates jealous of him?
2. What did Coach Wooden abandon when he realized it does not influence the players?
3. Where was Coach Wooden's first college coaching job?
4. After the war, what was difficult for Coach Wooden's family to find in South Bend?
5. When the Wooden family moved to Martinsville, what did Coach Wooden's father do for a living?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)