|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 & 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Wooden attend college?
(a) University of Alabama.
(b) Indiana State.
2. In Chapter 1, who did Coach Wooden remove from the championship game because he was having an off night?
(a) Jack Hirsch.
(b) Walt Hazzard.
(c) Doug McIntosh.
(d) Fred Slaughter.
3. How did Wooden lose all the money he had saved?
(a) His bank defaulted.
(b) He loaned it to a friend who never paid him back.
(c) It was stolen.
(d) He misplaced it.
4. In Coach's favorite poem, "They Ask Me Why I Teach," what was the answer to the author's question?
(a) Where else could I influence young people?
(b) Where else could I spend so much time with children.
(c) Where else could I help children learn?
(d) Where else could I find more splendid company?
5. Coach Lambert taught his players movement by design instead of what?
(a) Repeated patterns.
(b) Precise rebounds.
(c) Memorizing moves.
(d) Exact dribbling.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Coach Wooden deal with players who stood up to him?
2. Coach Wooden's father told his to "drink deeply from good books, especially ..."
3. Who encouraged Coach Wooden to wait until after college to marry Nellie?
4. Why did Wooden stay a coach when he could have earned much more money as a professional player?
5. Because of an incident between Coach Wooden and his brother as children, what did he vow never to do?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)