|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 & 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Coach's favorite poem, "They Ask Me Why I Teach," what was the answer to the author's question?
(a) Where else could I spend so much time with children.
(b) Where else could I influence young people?
(c) Where else could I help children learn?
(d) Where else could I find more splendid company?
2. Who eventually became principal and superintendent of Martinsville Schools?
(a) Coach Wooden.
(b) Nellie Wooden.
(c) Cat Wooden.
(d) Coach Curtis.
3. As a child, what did Coach Wooden stuff with rags to make a ball?
(a) His brother's overalls.
(b) Strips of cloth left over from his mom's sewing.
(c) His father's old shirt.
(d) His mother's hosiery.
4. Besides coaching at the high-school level, what class did Coach Wooden teach?
5. Where did Wooden attend college?
(a) University of Alabama.
(c) Indiana State.
Short Answer Questions
1. What moment does Coach Wooden refer to as "the peak" of his career?
2. What became known as Wooden's "good luck piece" during games at Purdue?
3. Why did Nellie and Coach Wooden break up several times during high school?
4. What part-time job did Wooden have when he started college?
5. How did Coach Wooden deal with players who stood up to him?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)