|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Wooden lose all the money he had saved?
(a) His bank defaulted.
(b) He misplaced it.
(c) He loaned it to a friend who never paid him back.
(d) It was stolen.
2. Because of an incident between Coach Wooden and his brother as children, what did he vow never to do?
(a) Get into a fight.
(b) Hurt someone's feelings.
3. What signal did Coach Wooden give to Nellie before each game when he was a coach?
(a) He waved at her with his rolled up program.
(b) He introduced her to the crowd.
(c) He winked at her.
(d) He whistled at her.
4. Coach Lambert taught his players movement by design instead of what?
(a) Precise rebounds.
(b) Memorizing moves.
(c) Exact dribbling.
(d) Repeated patterns.
5. What took Wooden away from his home in 1943?
(a) World War II.
(b) Another job.
(c) A family crisis.
(d) An offer to play professional basketball.
Short Answer Questions
1. Coach Wooden taught his players that basketball was...?
2. What did Coach Wooden show his players how to do every year?
3. Why did Coach Wooden get upset with his high-school basketball coach, Glenn Curtis?
4. What part-time job did Wooden have when he started college?
5. Coach Wooden teaches his players it isn't what you do, it's...?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)