|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Wooden start college?
2. In Coach's favorite poem, "They Ask Me Why I Teach," what was the answer to the author's question?
(a) Where else could I help children learn?
(b) Where else could I influence young people?
(c) Where else could I spend so much time with children.
(d) Where else could I find more splendid company?
3. How did Coach Wooden deal with players who stood up to him?
(a) He kicked the player off the team.
(b) He sent the player to the assistant coach.
(c) He sent the player to his teammates.
(d) He tried to understand the player's point of view.
4. When Coach Wooden describes himself and Nellie, what does he say?
(a) She is shy, and he is talkative.
(b) She likes outdoor activities, and he likes to stay inside.
(c) She is loud and he is quiet.
(d) She is full of personality and he is shy.
5. After Wooden and Nellie got married, how much money a week did Wooden make working with Coach Curtis?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Coach Wooden show his players how to do every year?
2. How did Coach Wooden always try to end practice?
3. According to Coach Wooden, a true athlete should have what?
4. One of Wooden's favorite quotes says, "do not let what you can't do interfere with...?
5. What other sport did high-school player Eddie play that Coach Wooden mistakenly thought was a better fit for him?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)