|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of Wooden's favorite quotes says, "do not let what you can't do interfere with...?
(a) What you can do.
(b) Your God-given talent.
(c) What you won't do.
(d) Your natural abilities.
2. According to Coach Wooden, Coach Lambert coached based on what?
(a) The playbook provided to him.
(b) The moves he learned as a player.
(c) The plays made by the opposing team.
(d) The ability of his players.
3. Coach Wooden's father told his to "drink deeply from good books, especially ..."
(a) His college textbooks.
(b) His basketball play book.
(c) The dictionary,
(d) The bible.
4. What coaching concept applied by Coach Curtis did Coach Wooden disagree with?
(a) Giving all the players a fair chance to play.
(b) Sitting those who missed practice on the bench.
(c) Becoming friends with the players.
(d) Firing up the team emotionally before a game.
5. Coach Wooden's pastor used to be his what?
(a) Player at South Bend.
(b) Classmate in Martinsville.
(c) Player at ISU.
(d) Teammate at Purdue.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did most of Coach Wooden's conversations with his players take place?
2. What did Coach Wooden abandon when he realized it does not influence the players?
3. Coach Wooden believes that no coach should be trusted with the responsibility of a team unless he is what?
4. Where did Coach Wooden meet his future wife, Nellie?
5. Veterans who wanted to go to college after the war could go at the military's expense. This was called the what?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)