|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What coaching concept applied by Coach Curtis did Coach Wooden disagree with?
(a) Giving all the players a fair chance to play.
(b) Firing up the team emotionally before a game.
(c) Becoming friends with the players.
(d) Sitting those who missed practice on the bench.
2. Where did Wooden go the morning after his wedding?
(a) To look for a job.
(b) To a basketball clinic.
(c) To basketball practice.
(d) To help his coach recruit new players.
3. Why did Coach Wooden get upset with his high-school basketball coach, Glenn Curtis?
(a) He didn't like the way Coach Curtis ran practice.
(b) He thought Coach Curtis was disrespectful to the players.
(c) He didn't agree with Coach Curtis' game philosophy.
(d) He felt like Coach Curtis didn't give his brother a chance.
4. What was Coach Wooden most surprised about when he began coaching at UCLA?
(a) How horrible the team was.
(b) How much money the assistant coaches received.
(c) How big the fan base was.
(d) How many great players he had.
5. How did Coach Wooden deal with players who stood up to him?
(a) He tried to understand the player's point of view.
(b) He sent the player to his teammates.
(c) He sent the player to the assistant coach.
(d) He kicked the player off the team.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state did Kareem come from in order to play for UCLA?
2. In what year did Wooden start college?
3. According to coach, when are 90% of basketball games won?
4. Why did Coach Wooden try to get out of his contract with UCLA?
5. How did Wooden feel about money as a high-school student?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)