|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claire ask Tom to do in Act 2?
2. What does the doctor prescribe for Claire?
3. What are Tom's emotions upon seeing that the person who called for help is fine?
4. What is Claire's opinion regarding typical female roles?
5. Who apologizes to Tom in Act 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are light and sound used to forward the plot and atmosphere of "The Verge"?
Essay Topic 2
Why is the play titled, "The Verge"? The main characters are on the verge of what? The greenhouse plants are on the verge of what? Society is on the verge of what?
Essay Topic 3
Susan Glaspell would have been a contemporary of Claire's. For what possible reason or reasons did the playwright choose madness as the means for Claire to find freedom and peace?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)