|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elizabeth respond to Adelaide's accusations?
2. How many children does Adelaide have?
3. Which is the best description of Dick?
4. Who will be a guest at dinner?
5. What does Claire tell Tom regarding "The Breath of Life?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Glaspell introduce several of the characters via an unusual and convoluted breakfast scene, featuring confusion about salt and pepper, a gun, Claire's inability to express herself, and a dropped egg?
Essay Topic 2
What Victorian values are represented by Harry and Adelaide in the play? Why are these values so distasteful to Claire?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Claire prefer her greenhouse plants to grow wild and untamed? Does this mesh with the extreme care she takes to protect the plants from nature? How do these answers support the theme of the play?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)