|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the setting in Act 2's symbolism ironic?
2. Why is Tom the only one who truly loves Claire?
3. How does Tom respond to the call for help?
4. Which is the best description of Dick?
5. Who tells Claire about the dinner guest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research and discuss the historical context of this play. What rights were denied to women at the time, and what rights or choices did some women of the time seek to gain?
Essay Topic 2
How do Claire's plants illustrate her emotional state and the dissatisfaction of some women during the era of the play?
Essay Topic 3
What is the primary theme of the play? How is the theme supported by setting and plot?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)