|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters join the first character early in Act 2?
2. Who enters the room after the doctor gives his advice?
3. Which is the best description of Tom?
4. Who suggests that everyone should go downstairs to dinner?
5. Who apologizes to Tom in Act 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Susan Glaspell would have been a contemporary of Claire's. For what possible reason or reasons did the playwright choose madness as the means for Claire to find freedom and peace?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the professions of the main male characters reflect or amplify their general personalities. Is it significant that Claire's liaisons outside of marriage are with artistic types?
Essay Topic 3
Who or what is the main antagonist in the play? Does the protagonist overcome the antagonist?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)