Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Adelaide have?
2. Why does a character apologize to Tom?
3. Adelaide has no time to do what?
4. Which two characters embrace at the end of Act 2?
5. What does Tom do when Claire tries to embrace him?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism of heat in this play as it relates to love, comfort, and survival. Why is it significant that Claire diverts the heat from her family home to the greenhouse? Why is it significant that a snowstorm rages outdoors, visible through the greenhouse windows?
Essay Topic 2
What is the primary theme of the play? How is the theme supported by setting and plot?
Essay Topic 3
How does the playwright use sound to illustrate Claire's need to find meaning in her life at the expense of others? Consider the wind, the buzzer, and the Victrola as examples.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)