|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Claire unable to explain regarding her experiment?
2. Why does Adelaide chastise Claire?
3. Adelaide has no time to do what?
4. What does Claire ask Harry to do when she goes downstairs?
5. Who first joins Claire and Tom in the tower room after she goes back upstairs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the primary theme of the play? How is the theme supported by setting and plot?
Essay Topic 2
How do Claire's plants illustrate her emotional state and the dissatisfaction of some women during the era of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Claire prefer her greenhouse plants to grow wild and untamed? Does this mesh with the extreme care she takes to protect the plants from nature? How do these answers support the theme of the play?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)