|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tom's condition when he arrives in the tower room?
2. Which is the best description of Dick?
3. What does the doctor prescribe for Claire?
4. When Claire and Tom are alone in the tower, what does Claire admit?
5. Which character has the last name of Edgeworthy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are light and sound used to forward the plot and atmosphere of "The Verge"?
Essay Topic 2
How does the playwright use sound to illustrate Claire's need to find meaning in her life at the expense of others? Consider the wind, the buzzer, and the Victrola as examples.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Claire's relationships with Tom, Dick, and Harry -- the three men in the play with whom she has been intimate. Is it significant that Anthony, who remains loyal to Claire no matter what, is not a love interest?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)