|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Elizabeth and Adelaide?
2. What is the relationship between Claire and Adelaide?
3. Who joins Claire, Tom, and the third character in the tower?
4. Who is the only character onstage at the beginning of Act 2?
5. How does Elizabeth respond to Adelaide's accusations?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Glaspell introduce several of the characters via an unusual and convoluted breakfast scene, featuring confusion about salt and pepper, a gun, Claire's inability to express herself, and a dropped egg?
Essay Topic 2
Research and discuss the historical context of this play. What rights were denied to women at the time, and what rights or choices did some women of the time seek to gain?
Essay Topic 3
How do Claire's plants illustrate her emotional state and the dissatisfaction of some women during the era of the play?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)