Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Adelaide have?
2. Why does a character apologize to Tom?
3. Adelaide has no time to do what?
4. Which two characters embrace at the end of Act 2?
5. What does Tom do when Claire tries to embrace him?
Essay Topic 1
How are light and sound used to forward the plot and atmosphere of "The Verge"?
Essay Topic 2
How does the playwright use sound to illustrate Claire's need to find meaning in her life at the expense of others? Consider the wind, the buzzer, and the Victrola as examples.
Essay Topic 3
Who or what is the main antagonist in the play? Does the protagonist overcome the antagonist?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)