Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Adelaide have?
2. Why does a character apologize to Tom?
3. Adelaide has no time to do what?
4. Which two characters embrace at the end of Act 2?
5. What does Tom do when Claire tries to embrace him?
Essay Topic 1
How are light and sound used to forward the plot and atmosphere of "The Verge"?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Claire prefer her greenhouse plants to grow wild and untamed? Does this mesh with the extreme care she takes to protect the plants from nature? How do these answers support the theme of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Claire's husband, Harry, seems to find insight into Claire's needs and motivations only after he sees that she has strangled Tom. Why did this murderous action prompt understanding when her work with the plants did not?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)