|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what does Claire say she needs to be rescued?
(a) Being trapped in a tower room.
(b) Being trapped in a house with no heat.
(c) Adelaide's attacks on her character and ways of thinking.
(d) Being forced to work long hours in the greenhouse.
2. Which is the best description of the doctor?
(a) He specializes in botany.
(b) He is in love with Claire.
(c) He rejects the belief that rest and isolation can help cure a hysterical patient.
(d) He rejects new Freudian theories.
3. What does Tom say will happen to communication between himself and Claire?
(a) They should devise a specific buzzer code for the telephone.
(b) All communication will be handled through Harry.
(c) It will dramatically decline.
(d) Calling from India will be difficult.
4. Why does Claire make the request of Harry?
(a) The Victrola is disturbing her concentration.
(b) Music calms her emotions.
(c) She wants the doctor to help her.
(d) She no longer wants to be alone with Tom.
5. Who apologizes to Tom in Act 2?
(c) The doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom do when Claire tries to embrace him?
2. Adelaide has no time to do what?
3. What is the relationship between Elizabeth and Adelaide?
4. When Claire and Tom are alone in the tower, what does Claire admit?
5. Why is the setting in Act 2's symbolism ironic?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)