|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does a character apologize to Tom?
(a) Harry's unreasonable behavior embarrassed Tom.
(b) Claire's call for help was meant for Dick.
(c) Claire's call for help was meant for Anthony.
(d) Claire's unreasonable behavior caused Tom to run upstairs.
2. Which character's behavior represents the unrest of many women in the U.S. as the Women's Rights Movement begins to take root?
3. Which character practices meditation?
(c) The doctor.
4. What does Tom do when Claire tries to embrace him?
(a) He rejects her.
(b) He returns the embrace.
(c) He asks her to marry him.
(d) He kisses her.
5. Why is the setting in Act 2's symbolism ironic?
(a) The prisoner has put herself in the prison.
(b) The lock on the door is broken.
(c) The characters are not religious.
(d) The household has no queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom say will happen to communication between himself and Claire?
2. What is the relationship between Claire and Adelaide?
3. How does Tom respond to the call for help?
4. What is Tom's condition when he arrives in the tower room?
5. Which is the best description of the doctor?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)