|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character's behavior represents the unrest of many women in the U.S. as the Women's Rights Movement begins to take root?
2. What does Tom say will happen to communication between himself and Claire?
(a) It will dramatically decline.
(b) Calling from India will be difficult.
(c) All communication will be handled through Harry.
(d) They should devise a specific buzzer code for the telephone.
3. Which character says he or she is perfectly happy with the role society has dictated?
4. How many children does Adelaide have?
5. Why is the setting in Act 2's symbolism ironic?
(a) The prisoner has put herself in the prison.
(b) The characters are not religious.
(c) The household has no queen.
(d) The lock on the door is broken.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Claire make the request of Harry?
2. Why does Adelaide chastise Claire?
3. Which man loves Claire for her exterior self?
4. Who apologizes to Tom in Act 2?
5. Harry is aware of an attraction between Claire and which character?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)