|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the foundation of Claire's emotional state?
(a) She needs something to hope for beyond what others are able to give.
(b) She has trouble sleeping.
(c) She wants to spend more time with Elizabeth.
(d) She wants to spend more time with Adelaide.
2. Which is the best description of Tom?
(a) A pilot.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A poet.
(d) An artist.
3. How does Claire respond to Adelaide's accusations?
(a) She cries.
(b) In an insolent manner.
(c) With embarrassment.
(d) She faints.
4. During the embrace, what does one character ask the other to do?
(a) Destroy the plants.
(b) Tell him she will get a divorce.
(c) Take her to India.
(d) Give her everything.
5. What is the relationship between Claire and Adelaide?
(a) They are rivals for Harry's love.
(b) They are niece and aunt.
(c) They are sisters.
(d) They are mother and daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests that everyone should go downstairs to dinner?
2. Which character has the last name of Edgeworthy?
3. Why does Adelaide chastise Claire?
4. Why is Tom the only one who truly loves Claire?
5. What does Tom say regarding what Claire has admitted?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)