|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor prescribe for Claire?
2. During the embrace, what does one character ask the other to do?
(a) Tell him she will get a divorce.
(b) Destroy the plants.
(c) Give her everything.
(d) Take her to India.
3. What is Claire's opinion regarding typical female roles?
(a) She believes men are superior to women.
(b) She believes women are superior to men.
(c) She rejects such notions.
(d) She strives to fulfill her traditional role.
4. Why does Claire make the request of Harry?
(a) The Victrola is disturbing her concentration.
(b) She no longer wants to be alone with Tom.
(c) She wants the doctor to help her.
(d) Music calms her emotions.
5. From what does Claire say she needs to be rescued?
(a) Adelaide's attacks on her character and ways of thinking.
(b) Being trapped in a house with no heat.
(c) Being trapped in a tower room.
(d) Being forced to work long hours in the greenhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Act 2?
2. What does Claire ask Tom to do in Act 2?
3. What does Claire ask Harry to do when she goes downstairs?
4. Why does a character apologize to Tom?
5. Why does Adelaide chastise Claire?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)