|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which man loves Claire for her exterior self?
(c) The doctor.
2. What does Harry realize after Claire begs another character to take her away?
(a) That she has had an intimate relationship with Dick.
(b) That she has had an intimate relationship with Anthony.
(c) That she wants to go to India.
(d) That she still loves Harry.
3. Which character's behavior represents the unrest of many women in the U.S. as the Women's Rights Movement begins to take root?
4. Why is Tom the only one who truly loves Claire?
(a) He knows that Claire wants to live in India.
(b) He sees that the quest of love is more important to her than the consummation.
(c) He knows that Harry is having an affair.
(d) He sees that Claire wants to assume a traditional woman's role.
5. Which two characters join the first character early in Act 2?
(a) Harry and Adelaide.
(b) Harry and the doctor.
(c) Elizabeth and Adelaide.
(d) Harry and Elizabeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Claire's opinion regarding typical female roles?
2. Which is the best description of Dick?
3. What does Claire tell Tom regarding "The Breath of Life?"
4. Who is the only character onstage at the beginning of Act 2?
5. What is the doctor's area of practice?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)