|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only character onstage at the beginning of Act 2?
2. What does Tom say regarding what Claire has admitted?
(a) She should stop focusing on the plants.
(b) It is wrong to love more than one man.
(c) Their love cannot be acted upon.
(d) She should divorce her husband.
3. What is the first character onstage in Act 2 doing?
(b) Working with plants.
(d) Browsing through a book of drawings.
4. How many children does Adelaide have?
5. What is the foundation of Claire's emotional state?
(a) She needs something to hope for beyond what others are able to give.
(b) She wants to spend more time with Elizabeth.
(c) She has trouble sleeping.
(d) She wants to spend more time with Adelaide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is the best description of Tom?
2. Who calls Claire unnatural?
3. Who apologizes to Tom in Act 2?
4. During the embrace, what complaint does one character make about the others who have left the room?
5. Why has the extra guest been invited to dinner?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)