|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character's behavior represents the unrest of many women in the U.S. as the Women's Rights Movement begins to take root?
2. What does Claire ask Harry to do when she goes downstairs?
(a) Turn off the Victrola.
(b) Return to the tower room.
(c) Play the music louder.
(d) Invite the doctor to dinner.
3. Why does Adelaide chastise Claire?
(a) For not leaving Harry.
(b) For not doing a better job taking care of the greenhouse plants.
(c) For not being affectionate to her daughter.
(d) For not letting Adelaide raise Elizabeth.
4. Which two characters embrace at the end of Act 2?
(a) Claire and Dick.
(b) Claire and Tom.
(c) Harry and Claire.
(d) Adelaide and Harry.
5. How does Claire respond to Adelaide's accusations?
(a) With embarrassment.
(b) She cries.
(c) In an insolent manner.
(d) She faints.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the setting in Act 2 symbolize?
2. What does Harry realize after Claire begs another character to take her away?
3. When Claire and Tom are alone in the tower, what does Claire admit?
4. What does Tom say regarding what Claire has admitted?
5. What does Claire tell Tom regarding "The Breath of Life?"
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)