|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what does Claire say she needs to be rescued?
(a) Being forced to work long hours in the greenhouse.
(b) Being trapped in a house with no heat.
(c) Adelaide's attacks on her character and ways of thinking.
(d) Being trapped in a tower room.
2. How does Elizabeth respond to Adelaide's accusations?
(a) She defends Claire.
(b) She cries.
(c) She faints.
(d) She is not present during the accusations.
3. Which character's behavior represents the unrest of many women in the U.S. as the Women's Rights Movement begins to take root?
4. Why is Tom the only one who truly loves Claire?
(a) He sees that Claire wants to assume a traditional woman's role.
(b) He sees that the quest of love is more important to her than the consummation.
(c) He knows that Harry is having an affair.
(d) He knows that Claire wants to live in India.
5. Why has the extra guest been invited to dinner?
(a) To observe Claire for signs of infidelity.
(b) To assist Claire in her spiritual quest.
(c) To observe Claire for signs of insanity.
(d) To assist Claire with her plants.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tom respond to the call for help?
2. Which is the best description of Dick?
3. What does the doctor prescribe for Claire?
4. Which is the best description of Tom?
5. What is the foundation of Claire's emotional state?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)