|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom advise Harry to do?
(a) Divorce Claire since he no longer loves her.
(b) Let Claire go on as she is.
(c) Find out who Claire's lover is.
(d) Destroy the plants.
2. Why is the first house guest uncomfortable?
(a) Worries about the state of the household due to the missing pepper.
(b) Worries about the state of the greenhouse due to the dying plant.
(c) Worries about the state of the greenhouse due to the blizzard.
(d) Worries about the state of the household due to the missing salt.
3. Which best describes the number of plants in the greenhouse?
(a) Plants are placed on every available shelf and nook.
(b) There are two living plants and one dead plant.
(c) There are three plants.
(d) There are two plants.
4. Who is the first character to come onstage in Act 1?
5. What does Harry help Hattie to do when he returns during the second part of Act 1?
(a) Tend to the plants.
(b) Greet the houseguests.
(c) Lock the greenhouse door.
(d) Prepare breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the special plant about to do?
2. What does Claire want Elizabeth to do regarding the plants?
3. Where does Tom intend to go?
4. What does Claire ask Tom to do?
5. What happens after the first character onstage exits?
Short Essay Questions
1. Following Tom's rejection of her advances in the tower room, what does Claire do?
2. When Claire becomes frustrated with Elizabeth due to her attitude toward the plants, what does Claire do?
3. What character is onstage alone at the beginning of Act 2, and which two characters join the first character?
4. What does Harry confide to Tom and Dick, and what response does he receive?
5. Why is Claire unhappy, even though "The Breath of Life" bloomed beautifully?
6. What does Claire repeatedly try to explain to everyone regarding her plants?
7. At the end of Act 2, what does Claire ask of Dick while they embrace?
8. How does Anthony respond to Hattie's information?
9. What does Tom want to tell Claire early in Act 3?
10. What does Harry realize when Claire runs to Dick?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)