|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the interior of the greenhouse symbolize?
(a) The interior of Claire's heart.
(b) The interior of the house.
(c) Harry and Claire's relationship.
(d) Tom and Claire's relationship.
2. What does Claire say after Elizabeth exits?
(a) She feels light now.
(b) Darkness has descended.
(c) She does not love Elizabeth.
(d) The plants must be destroyed.
3. Who worries that the cold weather will have adverse effects on the plants?
(b) Anthony and Harry.
4. What does Harry confide to the first house guest?
(a) Claire is having an affair.
(b) He is considering having a doctor friend observe Claire's behavior.
(c) He no longer loves Claire.
(d) Claire has hidden the salt and pepper.
5. What does Tom confide to Dick?
(a) He loves Claire.
(b) He loves Claire's daughter.
(c) He is having an affair.
(d) He is divorcing Claire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one item that stands out in the greenhouse?
2. Which best describes the number of plants in the greenhouse?
3. When Claire becomes frustrated with Elizabeth, what does Claire want to do?
4. Which character joins the first character after the curtain opens for the second time in Act 1?
5. What is the special plant about to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anthony offer to do when he sees that Claire has strangled Tom?
2. What does Claire say to Tom at the end of Act 1?
3. Describe the setting of Act 2.
4. After Harry leaves to smoke, what does Tom confide to Dick?
5. Describe what happens after Dick asks Claire about her plants.
6. Who is the first house guest to enter the greenhouse, and what is his first topic of conversation?
7. Describe what the audience hears when the curtain first opens in Act 1.
8. Describe what the audience sees when the curtain first opens in Act 1.
9. What does Harry realize when he sees that Claire has strangled Tom?
10. Adelaide says that she goes about in the world, free, busy, and happy, because among people she has no time to think of herself. Why is this statement distasteful to Claire?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)