|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the second house guest to arrive at the greenhouse?
2. What does the blizzard symbolize?
(b) Ideas and creativity.
(d) Outside forces.
3. What is the second sound the audience hears in Act 1?
(a) A buzzer.
(d) A conversation.
4. What is the relationship between Harry and Claire?
(a) Employer and maid.
(b) Husband and wife.
(c) Gardener and employer.
(d) Brother and sister.
5. What does the second house guest have in his hand when he first arrives?
(a) A pepper shaker.
(b) Supplies for breakfast.
(c) A gun.
(d) A salt shaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claire try to explain to the men over breakfast?
2. Who is the first house guest to arrive at the greenhouse?
3. Who worries that the cold weather will have adverse effects on the plants?
4. From where does the beam of light originate?
5. What does Tom advise Harry to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Tom realizes the greenhouse door is locked, what does he do?
2. How does Harry react to Claire's actions, yelling to Tom for rescue?
3. After Harry leaves to smoke, what does Tom confide to Dick?
4. What character is onstage alone at the beginning of Act 2, and which two characters join the first character?
5. What does Anthony offer to do when he sees that Claire has strangled Tom?
6. Why is Anthony upset when Dick rushes into the greenhouse for shelter?
7. What does Harry tell Claire he plans to do regarding her mental health?
8. Why is Claire angry about Tom's declaration?
9. Adelaide says that she goes about in the world, free, busy, and happy, because among people she has no time to think of herself. Why is this statement distasteful to Claire?
10. How does Tom respond to Claire's request in order for the door to be unlocked?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)