|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claire want Elizabeth to do regarding the plants?
(a) Not get involved.
(b) Wait until tomorrow to see what will happen.
(c) Tend all of the plants.
(d) Tend only the special plant.
2. What does the second house guest have in his hand when he first arrives?
(a) A pepper shaker.
(b) A gun.
(c) A salt shaker.
(d) Supplies for breakfast.
3. What is the special plant in the greenhouse called?
(a) "The Edge of Death"
(b) "The Edge Vine."
(c) "The Breath of Life."
(d) "The Breath Vine."
4. What does Harry confide to the first house guest?
(a) He no longer loves Claire.
(b) Claire is having an affair.
(c) He is considering having a doctor friend observe Claire's behavior.
(d) Claire has hidden the salt and pepper.
5. Which is the best description of Anthony?
(a) A middle-aged man.
(b) A house guest.
(c) Husband of Claire.
(d) A young man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't the second house guest enter the greenhouse?
2. Which best describes the number of plants in the greenhouse?
3. Which is the best description of Claire and Elizabeth's reunion?
4. Who worries that the cold weather will have adverse effects on the plants?
5. What does the blizzard symbolize?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anthony respond to Hattie's information?
2. Claire's internal struggle indicates her desire for what?
3. What is the symbolic meaning of "The Breath of Life" in this play?
4. What do Claire and Tom discuss regarding "The Breath of Life"?
5. How does Harry react to Claire's actions, yelling to Tom for rescue?
6. When Tom realizes the greenhouse door is locked, what does he do?
7. Which character responds to the code-like buzzer, and what does that character do?
8. What does Claire repeatedly try to explain to everyone regarding her plants?
9. What does Claire do as a result of her anger and disillusionment with Tom?
10. What does Harry realize when Claire runs to Dick?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)