|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character joins the first character after the curtain opens for the second time in Act 1?
2. What are Anthony's specific instructions?
(a) Keep salt away from the special plant.
(b) Keep the special plant alive at all costs.
(c) Hide the special plant from Harry.
(d) Kill the special plant.
3. What does Claire require the second house guest to do before she will let him enter the greenhouse?
(a) Kiss her.
(b) Retrieve salt from the house.
(c) Put away his gun.
(d) Retrieve pepper from the house.
4. What does the second house guest bring from the house?
(c) A gun.
5. What do the random growth patterns of the plants represent?
(b) Outside forces.
(c) Ideas and creativity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the first character do after coming onstage?
2. What is the relationship between Harry and Claire?
3. What does Claire say after Elizabeth exits?
4. Why is there no heat in the house, even though the greenhouse is warm?
5. Who rescues Elizabeth from being struck?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what two specific family-related matters does Adelaide chastise Claire?
2. What does Tom want to tell Claire early in Act 3?
3. Describe what happens after Dick asks Claire about her plants.
4. Regarding Claire's two lovers, what action does she take when she enters the greenhouse?
5. What is the symbolism of the tower room?
6. Why is Anthony upset when Dick rushes into the greenhouse for shelter?
7. What are the names and conditions of the two special plants in the greenhouse?
8. What is Dr. Emmons' diagnosis and recommendation regarding Claire?
9. What does Harry tell Claire he plans to do regarding her mental health?
10. Describe the reaction of Claire when Anthony brings the blooming plant into the room, as contrasted with the reactions of the men?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)