|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the embrace, what complaint does one character make about the others who have left the room?
(a) They will give her nothing.
(b) They don't appreciate her plants.
(c) They complain too much about temperature.
(d) They are always late to dinner.
2. Who will be a guest at dinner?
(a) A botanist.
(b) A minister.
(c) A divorce attorney.
(d) A doctor.
3. Which character has the last name of Edgeworthy?
4. What is Claire's opinion regarding typical female roles?
(a) She rejects such notions.
(b) She strives to fulfill her traditional role.
(c) She believes men are superior to women.
(d) She believes women are superior to men.
5. Who suggests that everyone should go downstairs to dinner?
6. What does Tom do when Claire tries to embrace him?
(a) He returns the embrace.
(b) He asks her to marry him.
(c) He rejects her.
(d) He kisses her.
7. Who calls Claire unnatural?
(a) The doctor.
8. Which character's behavior represents the unrest of many women in the U.S. as the Women's Rights Movement begins to take root?
9. Which is the best description of the doctor?
(a) He specializes in botany.
(b) He is in love with Claire.
(c) He rejects new Freudian theories.
(d) He rejects the belief that rest and isolation can help cure a hysterical patient.
10. What does the doctor prescribe for Claire?
11. What is Claire unable to explain regarding her experiment?
(a) There is hope in growth.
(b) She wants to create a never-before-seen color.
(c) She wants the experiment to fail.
(d) She does not understand why the flower isn't blooming.
12. Which character says he or she is perfectly happy with the role society has dictated?
13. Why does Adelaide chastise Claire?
(a) For not leaving Harry.
(b) For not being affectionate to her daughter.
(c) For not doing a better job taking care of the greenhouse plants.
(d) For not letting Adelaide raise Elizabeth.
14. When Claire and Tom are alone in the tower, what does Claire admit?
(a) She loves Dick and Harry.
(b) She loves Tom.
(c) She loves Anthony.
(d) She loves only her plants.
15. How many children does Adelaide have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character practices meditation?
2. Which is the best description of Tom?
3. Who raised Elizabeth?
4. Which is the best description of Harry?
5. Who is the only character onstage at the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)