|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character's behavior represents the unrest of many women in the U.S. as the Women's Rights Movement begins to take root?
2. Adelaide has no time to do what?
(a) Think of herself when she's among people.
(b) Take care of Claire's child.
(c) Fill a traditional female role.
(d) Take care of her children.
3. Harry is aware of an attraction between Claire and which character?
(a) The doctor.
4. What does Tom do when Claire tries to embrace him?
(a) He returns the embrace.
(b) He asks her to marry him.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He rejects her.
5. Who suggests that everyone should go downstairs to dinner?
6. Why does Adelaide chastise Claire?
(a) For not leaving Harry.
(b) For not doing a better job taking care of the greenhouse plants.
(c) For not being affectionate to her daughter.
(d) For not letting Adelaide raise Elizabeth.
7. Who raised Elizabeth?
8. What is the first character onstage in Act 2 doing?
(b) Browsing through a book of drawings.
(d) Working with plants.
9. Which character practices meditation?
(d) The doctor.
10. Which man loves Claire for her exterior self?
(a) The doctor.
11. What is the doctor's area of practice?
12. Which is the best description of Harry?
(a) An artist.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A pilot.
(d) A poet.
13. When Claire and Tom are alone in the tower, what does Claire admit?
(a) She loves Anthony.
(b) She loves only her plants.
(c) She loves Tom.
(d) She loves Dick and Harry.
14. What does Tom say regarding what Claire has admitted?
(a) Their love cannot be acted upon.
(b) She should divorce her husband.
(c) It is wrong to love more than one man.
(d) She should stop focusing on the plants.
15. What is Claire's opinion regarding typical female roles?
(a) She rejects such notions.
(b) She believes men are superior to women.
(c) She believes women are superior to men.
(d) She strives to fulfill her traditional role.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does a character apologize to Tom?
2. Which character says he or she is perfectly happy with the role society has dictated?
3. What is the foundation of Claire's emotional state?
4. Which is the best description of Dick?
5. What is Tom's condition when he arrives in the tower room?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)