|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the doctor's last name?
2. Who will be a guest at dinner?
(a) A divorce attorney.
(b) A botanist.
(c) A minister.
(d) A doctor.
3. Which character has the last name of Edgeworthy?
4. How does Claire respond to Adelaide's accusations?
(a) In an insolent manner.
(b) She faints.
(c) She cries.
(d) With embarrassment.
5. Who suggests that everyone should go downstairs to dinner?
6. From what does Claire say she needs to be rescued?
(a) Adelaide's attacks on her character and ways of thinking.
(b) Being trapped in a house with no heat.
(c) Being forced to work long hours in the greenhouse.
(d) Being trapped in a tower room.
7. During the embrace, what does one character ask the other to do?
(a) Destroy the plants.
(b) Take her to India.
(c) Tell him she will get a divorce.
(d) Give her everything.
8. What is Claire unable to explain regarding her experiment?
(a) She does not understand why the flower isn't blooming.
(b) She wants to create a never-before-seen color.
(c) There is hope in growth.
(d) She wants the experiment to fail.
9. What is the relationship between Claire and Adelaide?
(a) They are sisters.
(b) They are rivals for Harry's love.
(c) They are mother and daughter.
(d) They are niece and aunt.
10. Who tells Claire about the dinner guest?
(b) No one.
11. What does Tom say will happen to communication between himself and Claire?
(a) They should devise a specific buzzer code for the telephone.
(b) All communication will be handled through Harry.
(c) It will dramatically decline.
(d) Calling from India will be difficult.
12. Which character practices meditation?
(a) The doctor.
13. During the embrace, what complaint does one character make about the others who have left the room?
(a) They don't appreciate her plants.
(b) They are always late to dinner.
(c) They complain too much about temperature.
(d) They will give her nothing.
14. What is Tom's condition when he arrives in the tower room?
(a) He is laughing.
(b) He is hesitant and does not enter the room.
(c) He is out of breath.
(d) He is angry, pointing a gun at the others.
15. What does Claire ask Tom to do in Act 2?
(a) Apologize to Harry.
(b) Go to India.
(c) Destroy the greenhouse.
(d) Be her partner so they can search for meaning together.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Adelaide have?
2. Why does a character apologize to Tom?
3. What is Claire's opinion regarding typical female roles?
4. What does Tom say regarding what Claire has admitted?
5. What is the relationship between Elizabeth and Adelaide?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)