|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Claire beg to take her away from the house?
(b) The doctor.
2. Which character has the last name of Edgeworthy?
3. Which character says he or she is perfectly happy with the role society has dictated?
4. Under what condition does Tom agree to stay?
(a) If Claire will apologize to Harry and Adelaide.
(b) If he can see the results of the experiment.
(c) If Claire will show some affection to her daughter.
(d) If Claire will destroy the greenhouse.
5. What is the relationship between Claire and Adelaide?
(a) They are rivals for Harry's love.
(b) They are niece and aunt.
(c) They are sisters.
(d) They are mother and daughter.
6. What does Tom say will happen to communication between himself and Claire?
(a) Calling from India will be difficult.
(b) It will dramatically decline.
(c) They should devise a specific buzzer code for the telephone.
(d) All communication will be handled through Harry.
7. How does Elizabeth respond to Adelaide's accusations?
(a) She cries.
(b) She is not present during the accusations.
(c) She defends Claire.
(d) She faints.
8. Which is the best description of Harry?
(a) A doctor.
(b) An artist.
(c) A pilot.
(d) A poet.
9. During the embrace, what complaint does one character make about the others who have left the room?
(a) They complain too much about temperature.
(b) They don't appreciate her plants.
(c) They will give her nothing.
(d) They are always late to dinner.
10. What does the setting in Act 2 symbolize?
(a) A castle fit for a queen.
(c) A spiritual prison.
(d) Closeness to God.
11. What are Tom's emotions upon seeing that the person who called for help is fine?
(a) Embarrassment and annoyance.
(b) Relief and annoyance.
(c) Relief and good humor.
(d) Confusion and annoyance.
12. From what does Claire say she needs to be rescued?
(a) Being forced to work long hours in the greenhouse.
(b) Adelaide's attacks on her character and ways of thinking.
(c) Being trapped in a tower room.
(d) Being trapped in a house with no heat.
13. What is Tom's condition when he arrives in the tower room?
(a) He is angry, pointing a gun at the others.
(b) He is laughing.
(c) He is hesitant and does not enter the room.
(d) He is out of breath.
14. What is the doctor's last name?
15. What is Claire's opinion regarding typical female roles?
(a) She believes women are superior to men.
(b) She strives to fulfill her traditional role.
(c) She rejects such notions.
(d) She believes men are superior to women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does a character apologize to Tom?
2. What does Tom do when Claire tries to embrace him?
3. Who will be a guest at dinner?
4. What does Harry realize after Claire begs another character to take her away?
5. Which is the best description of the doctor?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)