Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Adelaide have?
2. Why does a character apologize to Tom?
(a) Claire's call for help was meant for Dick.
(b) Harry's unreasonable behavior embarrassed Tom.
(c) Claire's call for help was meant for Anthony.
(d) Claire's unreasonable behavior caused Tom to run upstairs.
3. Adelaide has no time to do what?
(a) Fill a traditional female role.
(b) Take care of her children.
(c) Think of herself when she's among people.
(d) Take care of Claire's child.
4. Which two characters embrace at the end of Act 2?
(a) Harry and Claire.
(b) Claire and Tom.
(c) Adelaide and Harry.
(d) Claire and Dick.
5. What does Tom do when Claire tries to embrace him?
(a) He asks her to marry him.
(b) He kisses her.
(c) He rejects her.
(d) He returns the embrace.
6. Harry is aware of an attraction between Claire and which character?
(d) The doctor.
7. Who tells Claire about the dinner guest?
(c) No one.
8. What does Claire ask Tom to do in Act 2?
(a) Go to India.
(b) Destroy the greenhouse.
(c) Apologize to Harry.
(d) Be her partner so they can search for meaning together.
9. What is the doctor's last name?
10. When Claire and Tom are alone in the tower, what does Claire admit?
(a) She loves Tom.
(b) She loves Anthony.
(c) She loves Dick and Harry.
(d) She loves only her plants.
11. What does the doctor prescribe for Claire?
12. Who calls to Tom for help through the tower window?
(d) The doctor.
13. What is the setting of Act 2?
(a) A tower room with rough edges and unfinished masonry.
(b) A tower room made of wood..
(c) The exterior of the greenhouse.
(d) The interior of the greenhouse.
14. Who does Claire beg to take her away from the house?
(b) The doctor.
15. What is Claire's opinion regarding typical female roles?
(a) She strives to fulfill her traditional role.
(b) She rejects such notions.
(c) She believes men are superior to women.
(d) She believes women are superior to men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is the best description of Dick?
2. What is the relationship between Elizabeth and Adelaide?
3. Which man loves Claire for her exterior self?
4. Who apologizes to Tom in Act 2?
5. Who is the only character onstage at the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)