|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what does Claire say she needs to be rescued?
(a) Adelaide's attacks on her character and ways of thinking.
(b) Being trapped in a house with no heat.
(c) Being trapped in a tower room.
(d) Being forced to work long hours in the greenhouse.
2. Why does a character apologize to Tom?
(a) Claire's call for help was meant for Dick.
(b) Claire's unreasonable behavior caused Tom to run upstairs.
(c) Harry's unreasonable behavior embarrassed Tom.
(d) Claire's call for help was meant for Anthony.
3. Why has the extra guest been invited to dinner?
(a) To observe Claire for signs of insanity.
(b) To observe Claire for signs of infidelity.
(c) To assist Claire with her plants.
(d) To assist Claire in her spiritual quest.
4. Harry is aware of an attraction between Claire and which character?
(b) The doctor.
5. Who joins Claire, Tom, and the third character in the tower?
(a) The doctor and Adelaide.
(b) The doctor and Harry.
(c) Dick, Adelaide, and the doctor.
(d) Dick and Adelaide.
6. During the embrace, what complaint does one character make about the others who have left the room?
(a) They are always late to dinner.
(b) They will give her nothing.
(c) They complain too much about temperature.
(d) They don't appreciate her plants.
7. Who suggests that everyone should go downstairs to dinner?
8. When Claire and Tom are alone in the tower, what does Claire admit?
(a) She loves only her plants.
(b) She loves Tom.
(c) She loves Anthony.
(d) She loves Dick and Harry.
9. What is Claire unable to explain regarding her experiment?
(a) She does not understand why the flower isn't blooming.
(b) There is hope in growth.
(c) She wants the experiment to fail.
(d) She wants to create a never-before-seen color.
10. Who enters the room after the doctor gives his advice?
11. Who apologizes to Tom in Act 2?
(c) The doctor.
12. During the embrace, what does one character ask the other to do?
(a) Tell him she will get a divorce.
(b) Give her everything.
(c) Destroy the plants.
(d) Take her to India.
13. Who will be a guest at dinner?
(a) A divorce attorney.
(b) A minister.
(c) A botanist.
(d) A doctor.
14. Which character says he or she is perfectly happy with the role society has dictated?
15. How many children does Adelaide have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tom respond to the call for help?
2. What is the first character onstage in Act 2 doing?
3. How does Claire respond to Adelaide's accusations?
4. Who does Claire beg to take her away from the house?
5. Who calls Claire unnatural?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)