|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first sound the audience hears in Act 1?
(a) A buzzer.
(c) A conversation.
2. Why is there no heat in the house, even though the greenhouse is warm?
(a) The greenhouse retains heat better than the house does.
(b) Claire ordered the heat from the house to be diverted to the greenhouse.
(c) Harry ordered the heat from the house to be diverted to the greenhouse.
(d) The furnace is broken.
3. Which is the best description of Anthony?
(a) Husband of Claire.
(b) A middle-aged man.
(c) A house guest.
(d) A young man.
4. Harry and the first house guest have a discussion about what?
(a) "The Edge Vine."
(b) The blizzard.
5. Which plant is not thriving?
(a) "The Breath of Death."
(b) "The Breath of Life."
(c) "The Edge Vine."
(d) "The Life Vine."
6. What does the interior of the greenhouse symbolize?
(a) The interior of the house.
(b) Tom and Claire's relationship.
(c) The interior of Claire's heart.
(d) Harry and Claire's relationship.
7. Who is the second house guest to arrive at the greenhouse?
8. How does Anthony try to distract Claire from worrying about the plant that is not thriving?
(a) Reminding her what "The Breath of Life" is about to do.
(b) Reminding her that the salt is missing.
(c) Reminding her that they can save the plant.
(d) Reminding her what "The Edge Vine" is about to do.
9. Who is the first house guest to arrive at the greenhouse?
10. Which best describes the number of plants in the greenhouse?
(a) There are two plants.
(b) There are two living plants and one dead plant.
(c) There are three plants.
(d) Plants are placed on every available shelf and nook.
11. What does the blizzard symbolize?
(a) Outside forces.
(c) Ideas and creativity.
12. What does Harry confide to the two house guests after Claire exits?
(a) He hopes to get advice from them regarding Claire.
(b) He does not want Claire to spend time with her daughter.
(c) He believes Claire is having an affair.
(d) He no longer loves Claire.
13. What does Claire try to explain to the first house guest?
(a) Why the salt is missing.
(b) The significance of the greenhouse plants.
(c) The effects of the blizzard on the greenhouse.
(d) Why the pepper is missing.
14. What does Harry help Hattie to do when he returns during the second part of Act 1?
(a) Prepare breakfast.
(b) Tend to the plants.
(c) Greet the houseguests.
(d) Lock the greenhouse door.
15. What does Claire say after Elizabeth exits?
(a) Darkness has descended.
(b) She feels light now.
(c) She does not love Elizabeth.
(d) The plants must be destroyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the second house guest bring from the house?
2. What is the one item that stands out in the greenhouse?
3. Claire tries to strike Elizabeth with what?
4. What is the second sound the audience hears in Act 1?
5. Why can't the second house guest enter the greenhouse?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)