|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the second house guest bring from the house?
(a) A gun.
2. What does the interior of the greenhouse symbolize?
(a) The interior of Claire's heart.
(b) Tom and Claire's relationship.
(c) Harry and Claire's relationship.
(d) The interior of the house.
3. Why does Claire caution Tom to be careful?
(a) God is not far away.
(b) Dick is listening.
(c) The plants are listening.
(d) Harry is not far away.
4. What is the first thing the audience sees in Act 1?
(a) A blizzard.
(b) A greenhouse.
(c) An unusual-looking plant.
(d) A telephone.
5. Who requested that breakfast be served in the greenhouse?
6. Where does Tom intend to go?
7. What is Elizabeth's philosophy regarding new plant varieties?
(a) New plants are always exciting.
(b) Plants should never be hybridized.
(c) She likes only roses.
(d) Anything new should be better.
8. What do the random growth patterns of the plants represent?
(b) Ideas and creativity.
(d) Outside forces.
9. What are Anthony's specific instructions?
(a) Kill the special plant.
(b) Hide the special plant from Harry.
(c) Keep salt away from the special plant.
(d) Keep the special plant alive at all costs.
10. Why is Claire astonished when she enters the greenhouse during the second part of Act 1?
(a) Because Harry invited more people to intrude upon the greenhouse.
(b) Because the greenhouse is too hot.
(c) Because a plant is dying.
(d) Because the special plant is in plain sight.
11. Who is the only character onstage when the curtain opens for the second time in Act 1?
12. Which best describes the number of plants in the greenhouse?
(a) Plants are placed on every available shelf and nook.
(b) There are two living plants and one dead plant.
(c) There are two plants.
(d) There are three plants.
13. Why didn't Anthony answer the buzz from Harry?
(a) Anthony didn't hear the buzzer.
(b) Harry didn't buzz Anthony.
(c) Claire had instructed Anthony to answer no buzz but hers.
(d) Hattie answered the buzz.
14. What does the first character do after coming onstage?
(a) Answer a telephone.
(b) Press a buzzer.
(c) Prepare breakfast.
(d) Lock the greenhouse door.
15. What does Tom advise Harry to do?
(a) Find out who Claire's lover is.
(b) Divorce Claire since he no longer loves her.
(c) Let Claire go on as she is.
(d) Destroy the plants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claire say after Elizabeth exits?
2. Who worries that the cold weather will have adverse effects on the plants?
3. Why is there no heat in the house, even though the greenhouse is warm?
4. What does Tom confide to Dick?
5. Who brings Elizabeth to the greenhouse?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)