|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Claire caution Tom to be careful?
(a) Harry is not far away.
(b) The plants are listening.
(c) Dick is listening.
(d) God is not far away.
2. Who is the first house guest to arrive at the greenhouse?
3. What does Tom confide to Dick?
(a) He loves Claire's daughter.
(b) He is having an affair.
(c) He is divorcing Claire.
(d) He loves Claire.
4. What is the first sound the audience hears in Act 1?
(b) A conversation.
(c) A buzzer.
5. Where does Tom intend to go?
6. Harry and the first house guest have a discussion about what?
(b) The blizzard.
(c) "The Edge Vine."
7. What are Anthony's specific instructions?
(a) Keep the special plant alive at all costs.
(b) Kill the special plant.
(c) Hide the special plant from Harry.
(d) Keep salt away from the special plant.
8. Why didn't Anthony answer the buzz from Harry?
(a) Hattie answered the buzz.
(b) Claire had instructed Anthony to answer no buzz but hers.
(c) Harry didn't buzz Anthony.
(d) Anthony didn't hear the buzzer.
9. What does Harry help Hattie to do when he returns during the second part of Act 1?
(a) Lock the greenhouse door.
(b) Tend to the plants.
(c) Greet the houseguests.
(d) Prepare breakfast.
10. What does the first character do after coming onstage?
(a) Answer a telephone.
(b) Press a buzzer.
(c) Prepare breakfast.
(d) Lock the greenhouse door.
11. What does Tom advise Harry to do?
(a) Find out who Claire's lover is.
(b) Divorce Claire since he no longer loves her.
(c) Destroy the plants.
(d) Let Claire go on as she is.
12. What does the second house guest have in his hand when he first arrives?
(a) Supplies for breakfast.
(b) A salt shaker.
(c) A pepper shaker.
(d) A gun.
13. Which is the best description of Hattie?
(a) A gardener.
(b) A house guest.
(c) Wife of Harry.
(d) A maid.
14. Which best describes the number of plants in the greenhouse?
(a) There are three plants.
(b) There are two living plants and one dead plant.
(c) There are two plants.
(d) Plants are placed on every available shelf and nook.
15. What does the second house guest do when he sees that no one can help him enter the greenhouse?
(a) Pretends to shoot out the greenhouse door.
(b) Drops the shaker.
(c) Pretends to shoot himself.
(d) Drops the breakfast supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing the audience sees in Act 1?
2. What is the second sound the audience hears in Act 1?
3. Who tries to get Claire to come to the phone upon Elizabeth's arrival?
4. What does Claire ask Tom to do?
5. Who is the second house guest to arrive at the greenhouse?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)