|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Claire caution Tom to be careful?
(a) Harry is not far away.
(b) God is not far away.
(c) Dick is listening.
(d) The plants are listening.
2. What does the second house guest have in his hand when he first arrives?
(a) A gun.
(b) A pepper shaker.
(c) Supplies for breakfast.
(d) A salt shaker.
3. Who rescues Elizabeth from being struck?
4. What is the first thing the audience sees in Act 1?
(a) An unusual-looking plant.
(b) A telephone.
(c) A greenhouse.
(d) A blizzard.
5. Why can't the second house guest enter the greenhouse?
(a) Claire has locked the door.
(b) Anthony has locked the door.
(c) Hattie has locked the door.
(d) The door is frozen shut.
6. Why didn't Anthony answer the buzz from Harry?
(a) Claire had instructed Anthony to answer no buzz but hers.
(b) Harry didn't buzz Anthony.
(c) Anthony didn't hear the buzzer.
(d) Hattie answered the buzz.
7. From where does the beam of light originate?
(a) From the left.
(b) From a plant.
(c) A trap door in the floor.
8. What does Claire push off the table?
(a) An egg.
(d) A plant.
9. Which character joins the first character after the curtain opens for the second time in Act 1?
10. Who is the only character onstage when the curtain opens for the second time in Act 1?
11. What does Tom confide to Dick?
(a) He loves Claire.
(b) He loves Claire's daughter.
(c) He is divorcing Claire.
(d) He is having an affair.
12. When Claire becomes frustrated with Elizabeth, what does Claire want to do?
(a) Destroy "The Edge Vine."
(b) Destroy all plants in the greenhouse.
(c) Destroy "The Breath of Life."
(d) Destroy "The Edge of Death."
13. Who is the first character to come onstage in Act 1?
14. Harry and the first house guest have a discussion about what?
(a) The blizzard.
(b) "The Edge Vine."
15. Which best describes the number of plants in the greenhouse?
(a) Plants are placed on every available shelf and nook.
(b) There are three plants.
(c) There are two living plants and one dead plant.
(d) There are two plants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first house guest to arrive at the greenhouse?
2. What does the first character do after coming onstage?
3. Who is Elizabeth?
4. Who are Tom and Dick?
5. When the curtain opens for a second time in Act 1, what is the scene?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)