|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only character onstage when the curtain opens for the second time in Act 1?
2. Why can't the second house guest enter the greenhouse?
(a) Hattie has locked the door.
(b) The door is frozen shut.
(c) Claire has locked the door.
(d) Anthony has locked the door.
3. What is the relationship between Harry and Claire?
(a) Husband and wife.
(b) Gardener and employer.
(c) Brother and sister.
(d) Employer and maid.
4. What does Harry help Hattie to do when he returns during the second part of Act 1?
(a) Lock the greenhouse door.
(b) Prepare breakfast.
(c) Tend to the plants.
(d) Greet the houseguests.
5. Who brings Elizabeth to the greenhouse?
6. When Claire becomes frustrated with Elizabeth, what does Claire want to do?
(a) Destroy "The Edge of Death."
(b) Destroy "The Breath of Life."
(c) Destroy all plants in the greenhouse.
(d) Destroy "The Edge Vine."
7. What does the second house guest bring from the house?
(b) A gun.
8. Who tries to get Claire to come to the phone upon Elizabeth's arrival?
9. What happens after the first character onstage exits?
(a) The unusual-looking plant dies.
(b) The telephone rings.
(c) The curtain closes.
(d) The greenhouse door opens.
10. Who is the second house guest to arrive at the greenhouse?
11. Who requested that breakfast be served in the greenhouse?
12. What does the second house guest have in his hand when he first arrives?
(a) A gun.
(b) A salt shaker.
(c) A pepper shaker.
(d) Supplies for breakfast.
13. What is the special plant about to do?
(c) Go to seed.
(d) Be transplanted.
14. Where does Tom intend to go?
15. Who rescues Elizabeth from being struck?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first house guest to arrive at the greenhouse?
2. What does Claire say after Elizabeth exits?
3. What does Claire require the second house guest to do before she will let him enter the greenhouse?
4. Which plant is not thriving?
5. Which is the best description of Anthony?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)