|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does one character strangle another?
(a) Harry wants to save his marriage.
(b) Claire realizes Tom is just like others who want to mold her and decide what should make her happy.
(c) Tom realizes Claire will never stay faithful.
(d) The plant is jealous of all men.
2. How does Anthony try to distract Claire from worrying about the plant that is not thriving?
(a) Reminding her what "The Breath of Life" is about to do.
(b) Reminding her what "The Edge Vine" is about to do.
(c) Reminding her that the salt is missing.
(d) Reminding her that they can save the plant.
3. What is the setting of Act 2?
(a) A tower room with rough edges and unfinished masonry.
(b) The exterior of the greenhouse.
(c) A tower room made of wood..
(d) The interior of the greenhouse.
4. What is the condition of "The Breath of Life" in Act 3?
(a) It is singing.
(b) It is dying.
(c) It is falling out of its pot.
(d) It is blooming and beautiful.
5. Which man loves Claire for her exterior self?
(c) The doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings "The Breath of Life" into the room?
2. Which character says he or she is perfectly happy with the role society has dictated?
3. Which character has the last name of Edgeworthy?
4. Why is Tom the only one who truly loves Claire?
5. What does the setting in Act 2 symbolize?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)