|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of this play?
(a) Susan Glaspell.
(b) Claire Archer.
(c) Claire Glaspell.
(d) Susan Archer.
2. Who does Claire beg to take her away from the house?
(c) The doctor.
3. Who is the only character dedicated to Claire's cause throughout the play?
(b) The doctor.
4. Who tries to get Claire to come to the phone upon Elizabeth's arrival?
5. What is Anthony's attitude toward Claire?
(a) He obeys any order she gives.
(b) He urges her to destroy the plants.
(c) He defies her whenever possible.
(d) He loves her, but despises the plants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't the second house guest enter the greenhouse?
2. Why is Claire astonished when she enters the greenhouse during the second part of Act 1?
3. What does Tom want to tell Claire when he first sees her in Act 3?
4. What is the relationship between Claire and Adelaide?
5. What does the gardener say to the maid regarding what is going on in the household?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)