|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Claire caution Tom to be careful?
(a) Dick is listening.
(b) The plants are listening.
(c) Harry is not far away.
(d) God is not far away.
2. What does Harry confide to the first house guest?
(a) He is considering having a doctor friend observe Claire's behavior.
(b) Claire has hidden the salt and pepper.
(c) Claire is having an affair.
(d) He no longer loves Claire.
3. What does the interior of the greenhouse symbolize?
(a) The interior of Claire's heart.
(b) Harry and Claire's relationship.
(c) Tom and Claire's relationship.
(d) The interior of the house.
4. Who brings "The Breath of Life" into the room?
5. How many characters are insane at the end of the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is there no heat in the house, even though the greenhouse is warm?
2. What does one of the two characters alone with "The Breath of Life" declare?
3. Who employs Hattie?
4. Why is the first house guest uncomfortable?
5. Harry is aware of an attraction between Claire and which character?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)