|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the curtain opens for a second time in Act 1, what is the scene?
(a) Outdoors in a blizzard, with a greenhouse visible.
(b) The interior of a greenhouse on a sunny, snowy morning.
(c) A room in a tower.
(d) An unusual plant in a shaft of light.
2. Which is the best description of the doctor?
(a) He rejects new Freudian theories.
(b) He rejects the belief that rest and isolation can help cure a hysterical patient.
(c) He specializes in botany.
(d) He is in love with Claire.
3. Which is the best description of Tom?
(a) An artist.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A poet.
(d) A pilot.
4. What is the doctor's last name?
5. What is the foundation of Claire's emotional state?
(a) She wants to spend more time with Adelaide.
(b) She wants to spend more time with Elizabeth.
(c) She has trouble sleeping.
(d) She needs something to hope for beyond what others are able to give.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tom intend to go?
2. What is the special plant about to do?
3. What does Tom say regarding what Claire has admitted?
4. What does the doctor prescribe for Claire?
5. What is the first thing the audience sees in Act 1?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)