|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry confide to the two house guests after Claire exits?
(a) He believes Claire is having an affair.
(b) He hopes to get advice from them regarding Claire.
(c) He no longer loves Claire.
(d) He does not want Claire to spend time with her daughter.
2. What is Elizabeth's philosophy regarding new plant varieties?
(a) Anything new should be better.
(b) New plants are always exciting.
(c) Plants should never be hybridized.
(d) She likes only roses.
3. What does the blizzard symbolize?
(b) Ideas and creativity.
(c) Outside forces.
4. Which character's behavior represents the unrest of many women in the U.S. as the Women's Rights Movement begins to take root?
5. Claire's annoyance with Tom, Dick, and Harry symbolizes what?
(a) A lack of imagination regarding American names.
(b) Her weariness at juggling three lovers.
(c) Her annoyance with the status quo and limitations on women of the period.
(d) A campaign to legalize bigamy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anthony's attitude toward Claire?
2. What is the first character onstage in Act 2 doing?
3. What does Harry realize, following the gunshot?
4. Who is the second house guest to arrive at the greenhouse?
5. Who is Claire's closest confidant?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)