|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Claire make the request of Harry?
(a) The Victrola is disturbing her concentration.
(b) She no longer wants to be alone with Tom.
(c) She wants the doctor to help her.
(d) Music calms her emotions.
2. Where is the gunshot aimed?
(a) At "The Breath of Life."
(b) At Tom.
(c) At the door of the greenhouse.
(d) Into the ceiling of the greenhouse.
3. Who brings Elizabeth to the greenhouse?
4. Why does a character apologize to Tom?
(a) Claire's unreasonable behavior caused Tom to run upstairs.
(b) Claire's call for help was meant for Dick.
(c) Claire's call for help was meant for Anthony.
(d) Harry's unreasonable behavior embarrassed Tom.
5. Who apologizes to Tom in Act 2?
(c) The doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the doctor's last name?
2. What has Dick returned to do, according to the conversation early in Act 3?
3. What is the foundation of Claire's emotional state?
4. What does Harry help Hattie to do when he returns during the second part of Act 1?
5. Who raised Elizabeth?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)