|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one item that stands out in the greenhouse?
(a) A dead plant.
(b) A huge plant, clinging to the back wall.
(c) A gun.
(d) A broken window.
2. Why does Claire caution Tom to be careful?
(a) God is not far away.
(b) Dick is listening.
(c) Harry is not far away.
(d) The plants are listening.
3. What is the first sound the audience hears in Act 1?
(a) A buzzer.
(d) A conversation.
4. Which is the best description of Anthony?
(a) Husband of Claire.
(b) A young man.
(c) A house guest.
(d) A middle-aged man.
5. What is the special plant about to do?
(a) Go to seed.
(d) Be transplanted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't the second house guest enter the greenhouse?
2. Who brings Elizabeth to the greenhouse?
3. What is the second sound the audience hears in Act 1?
4. What does Claire require the second house guest to do before she will let him enter the greenhouse?
5. Why is Claire astonished when she enters the greenhouse during the second part of Act 1?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)