|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first sound the audience hears in Act 1?
(a) A conversation.
(d) A buzzer.
2. What does Claire try to explain to the men over breakfast?
(a) Why she doesn't spend more time with her daughter.
(b) Why she is unhappy in her marriage.
(c) Why there is no heat in the house.
(d) The joy of letting things grow without restriction.
3. Who is the second house guest to arrive at the greenhouse?
4. What happens after the first character onstage exits?
(a) The unusual-looking plant dies.
(b) The telephone rings.
(c) The greenhouse door opens.
(d) The curtain closes.
5. What is the one item that stands out in the greenhouse?
(a) A gun.
(b) A huge plant, clinging to the back wall.
(c) A broken window.
(d) A dead plant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry confide to the two house guests after Claire exits?
2. What does the second house guest have in his hand when he first arrives?
3. Where does Tom intend to go?
4. Who is Elizabeth?
5. Why is Claire astonished when she enters the greenhouse during the second part of Act 1?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)