1. What is the first thing the audience sees in Act 1?
(a) A blizzard.
(b) A telephone.
(c) A greenhouse.
(d) An unusual-looking plant.
2. From where does the beam of light originate?
(a) From the left.
(b) A trap door in the floor.
(d) From a plant.
3. What is the first sound the audience hears in Act 1?
(a) A conversation.
(b) A buzzer.
4. What is the second sound the audience hears in Act 1?
(c) A conversation.
(d) A buzzer.
5. Who is the first character to come onstage in Act 1?
6. What does the first character do after coming onstage?
(a) Press a buzzer.
(b) Lock the greenhouse door.
(c) Prepare breakfast.
(d) Answer a telephone.
7. What happens after the first character onstage exits?
(a) The curtain closes.
(b) The unusual-looking plant dies.
(c) The telephone rings.
(d) The greenhouse door opens.
8. When the curtain opens for a second time in Act 1, what is the scene?
(a) An unusual plant in a shaft of light.
(b) Outdoors in a blizzard, with a greenhouse visible.
(c) A room in a tower.
(d) The interior of a greenhouse on a sunny, snowy morning.
This section contains 4,350 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)