• The first scene of Act 1 opens with a beam of light coming from a trap door in the stage, shining on an unusual plant.
• Everything else onstage is dark, with only the sound of wind.
• A buzzer sounds in a definite pattern.
• Anthony, a gardener, enters from the trap door and answers a telephone.
• Anthony's phone conversation indicates that the weather is getting worse and that Anthony is to check the room's temperature to protect the plants.
• Anthony descends back into the trap door and the curtain closes.
• The curtain opens for the second scene of Act 2, with the interior of a greenhouse on a sunny, snowy morning.
• One huge plant, clinging to the back wall, dwarfs all of the others.
• Anthony goes about his work in the greenhouse.
• A buzzer sounds, but not in the same pattern as before, and Anthony ignores it.
• Harry, the man...
This section contains 1,152 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)