* The first scene of Act 1 opens with a beam of light coming from a trap door in the stage, shining on an unusual plant.
* Everything else onstage is dark, with only the sound of wind.
* A buzzer sounds in a definite pattern.
* Anthony, a gardener, enters from the trap door and answers a telephone.
* Anthony's phone conversation indicates that the weather is getting worse and that Anthony is to check the room's temperature to protect the plants.
* Anthony descends back into the trap door and the curtain closes.
* The curtain opens for the second scene of Act 2, with the interior of a greenhouse on a sunny, snowy morning.
* One huge plant, clinging to the back wall, dwarfs all of the others.
* Anthony goes about his work in the greenhouse.
* A buzzer sounds, but not in the same pattern as before, and Anthony ignores it.
* Harry, the man...
This section contains 1,152 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)