|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Hibbins related to the Governor?
(a) No relation.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His sister-in-law.
(d) His sister.
2. In what month does this "obscure night" take place in Chapter 12?
3. How many years have passed so far in this novel, in Chapter 13?
(d) Less than one.
4. What does Hester mean when she says "Thou shalt not go alone" at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) That Chillingworth will follow Dimmesdale.
(b) That Dimmesdale should not leave.
(c) That she will send Pearl with Dimmesdale.
(d) That she will run away with Dimmesdale.
5. What, according to many of the townspeople who have come to appreciate Hester, should the A stand for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dimmesdale tell Chillingworth while he is writing the sermon is Chapter 20?
2. How does the narrator characterize Dimmesdale's sermon?
3. Where have Hester and Dimmesdale decided would be the best place to escape to?
4. With what kind of natural objects has Pearl decorated herself in Chapter 18?
5. What is the title of Chapter 14?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)