Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chillingworth say in Chapter 14 the town council has been debating?
(a) Whether to take away the scarlet letter.
(b) Whether to exile Hester from Boston.
(c) Whether to arrest Hester again.
(d) Whether to take away Pearl from Hester.
2. What does Hester mean when she says "Thou shalt not go alone" at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) That she will run away with Dimmesdale.
(b) That Dimmesdale should not leave.
(c) That Chillingworth will follow Dimmesdale.
(d) That she will send Pearl with Dimmesdale.
3. While she is playing, Pearl makes a little boat out of what?
(b) Sand dollars.
(c) Sea weed.
(d) Birch bark.
4. How does the narrator characterize Dimmesdale's sermon?
(a) The narrator ignores it.
(b) The narrator disparages it.
(c) The narrator neither praises nor diminshes it.
(d) The narrator exhalts it.
5. Why do Hester and Dimmesdale chose the place they do to escape to?
(a) Hester's criminal record.
(b) Hester's profession.
(c) Dimmesdale's health.
(d) Dimmedale's profession.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hester fling next to the brook?
2. According to Hester in Chapter 16, where does she tell Pearl she got the scarlet letter?
3. What is the title of Chapter 20?
4. This group in the procession referred to in the title of Chapter 22 was showing "a stamp of majesty that made the warrior's haughty stride look vulgar"?
5. In Chapter 19, how does Dimmesdale say Pearl looks?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)