|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While his health is failing, Dimmesdale has achieved what in his profession?
(a) "Sturdier texture."
(b) "Populist ire."
(c) "Sanctimonius reputation."
(d) "Brillant popularity."
2. Pearl recognizes a man in the procession who did what?
(a) Visited Hester and her in jail.
(b) Gave her a red rose from his garden.
(c) Stole money from Hester.
(d) Kissed her by the brook.
3. Where is the ship the Spanish Main sailing?
4. What adjective best characterizes the governor's house?
5. What is the title of Chapter 20?
(a) "The Minister in a Maze."
(b) "The Minister in the Middle."
(c) "The Minister in the Mirror."
(d) "The Mysterious Minister."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hester tell Dimmesdale about Chillingworth in Chapter 17?
2. Where is Hester when she and Pearl are examined by the doctor?
3. Salem is characterized currently as....?
4. Which description does not apply to Dimmesdale?
5. What marks particular attendants of the holiday as members of their forest settlements?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)