|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The title of Chapter 9 ("The Leech") refers to which character?
2. Who are the "rough-looking desperadoes, with sun-blackened faces" at the holiday in Chapter 21?
3. With what kind of natural objects has Pearl decorated herself in Chapter 18?
(b) Maple leaves.
(d) Sand and driftwood.
4. Chose which of the following best describes the tone in the last sentence of Chapter 1?
5. Who is the patient referred to in the title of Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is described as having a "wildflower prettiness?"
2. Whose name does the doctor want Hester to reveal?
3. Who, according to the narrator, is at the "head of the social system" in Puritan times?
4. What are the spikes on the door to the jail made of?
5. What does Pearl do when Dimmesdale kisses her?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)