|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 18?
(a) A Flood of Sunshine.
(b) A Flood of Brightness.
(c) An Ectasy of Light.
(d) A River of Tears.
2. Whom does Dimmesdale call up to join him in front of everyone?
(c) Hester and Pearl.
3. Which man in at the governor's argues that Hester should be allowed to keep Pearl?
4. Whose name does the doctor want Hester to reveal?
(a) The name of her lover.
(b) The name of her husband.
(c) The name of the witch.
(d) The name of her child.
5. What does Pearl desperately desire from the governor's garden?
(a) A tulip.
(b) A rose.
(c) A cabbage.
(d) A pumpkin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as a/an "intolerant brood?"
2. What does Hawthorne find in a "mysterious package" in the Custom-House?
3. Chillingworth has a degree from a university in which country?
4. What color is the letter A Pearl fashions for herself out of natural objects ?
5. What is NOT one of the possible crimes mentioned in this Chapter 2, as a reason people might flock to the prison?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)