|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the thread that embroiders the scarlet letter?
2. Whose voice is "tremulously sweet, rich, deep and broken?"
3. In what point of view is "The Custom House" written?
(b) Third person, limited.
(d) Third person, omniscient.
4. What is the shape of the hats worn in the "throng"?
5. What does Pearl desperately desire from the governor's garden?
(a) A tulip.
(b) A rose.
(c) A cabbage.
(d) A pumpkin.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Its ranks were filled with gentlemen, who felt the stirrings of martial impulse" describes which group of men in the procession referred to in the title of Chapter 22?
2. The following description of someone's eyes in Chapter 10 refers to which character: "burning blue and ominous, like the reflection of a furnace....like one of those gleams of ghastly fire"?
3. Whom does Dimmesdale call up to join him in front of everyone?
4. Why does Hester stay in New England?
5. Which political party does Hawthorne belong?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)