|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which year was this preface written?
2. What color is the letter A Pearl fashions for herself out of natural objects ?
3. Chapter 6 is named after which character?
4. Where was Hester's "happy infancy and stainless maidenhood?"
(a) Rural England.
(c) Bustling London.
5. What is the title of Chapter 17?
(a) The Pastor and His Lover.
(b) The Pastor and His Parish.
(c) The Pastor and the Thief.
(d) The Pastor and His Parishoner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose widow is Mistress Hibbins?
2. According to Hester in Chapter 16, where does she tell Pearl she got the scarlet letter?
3. Where is Hester when Chillingworth leaves, "his gray beard almost" touching the ground?
4. What prominent wild plant grows just outside the door to the jail?
5. Who, according to the narrator, is at the "head of the social system" in Puritan times?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)