|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The "public disapprobation" refers to...?
2. Whom does Dimmesdale set out to meet?
(a) Apostle Eliot.
(b) Disciple Adrian.
(c) Apostle Elias.
(d) Disciple Ellison.
3. Whom does Hester decide to seek out for a meeting at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her confessor.
(c) Her lover.
(d) Her (former) husband.
4. When Hester exclaims "better he had died at once!," to whom is she referring in Chapter 14?
(a) The new governor.
(c) The old governor.
5. Why is Dimmesdale at the town center Chapter 12?
(a) To shame Hester.
(b) To stand side by side with Hester.
(c) To proclaim his guilt in public.
(d) To trick Chillingworth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What describes Dimmesdale's hand, when Hester touches it?
2. Which part of The Scarlet Letter does this preface specifically refer to?
3. Where does Chillingworth take up residence?
4. In which year was this preface written?
5. Who thinks that Hester's punishment/sentence is too light?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)