|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is to wear the thing Hester is delivering to the governor's house?
(a) The governor's servants.
(b) The governor himself.
(c) The governor's daughter.
(d) The governor's wife.
2. Who is NOT among the crowd shaming Hester?
(a) The judges.
(b) Hester's parents.
(c) The governor.
(d) Hester's pastor.
3. What, according to many of the townspeople who have come to appreciate Hester, should the A stand for?
4. How does Hawthorne describe the historic Salem of years ago?
(a) A bustling port.
(b) A dour harbor.
(c) A sad sailing town.
(d) A busy metropolis.
5. While she is playing, Pearl makes a little boat out of what?
(a) Sand dollars.
(b) Birch bark.
(d) Sea weed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which political party does Hawthorne belong?
2. In what point of view is "The Custom House" written?
3. Whom does Dimmesdale call up to join him in front of everyone?
4. What is the title of the first chapter?
5. Which character is described as having a "wildflower prettiness?"
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)