|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One person suggest that Hester should have an iron brand burned where?
(a) On her forehead.
(b) On her cheek.
(c) On her chest.
(d) On the palms of her hands.
2. Hawthorne writes of his surprise and what in the first lines of the preface?
3. Which political party does Hawthorne belong?
(a) Bull Moose.
4. According to Hawthorne, the reaction could not have been more violent if...?
(a) He had kidnapped someone.
(b) He had burned down the Custom-House.
(c) He had murdered someone.
(d) He had committed adultery.
5. Who are the "rough-looking desperadoes, with sun-blackened faces" at the holiday in Chapter 21?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 14?
2. Where have Hester and Dimmesdale decided would be the best place to escape to?
3. Whom does Hester decide to seek out for a meeting at the end of Chapter 13?
4. How many years have passed so far in this novel, in Chapter 13?
5. What color is Hester's hair?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)