|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 20?
(a) "The Mysterious Minister."
(b) "The Minister in the Mirror."
(c) "The Minister in the Middle."
(d) "The Minister in a Maze."
2. Hester is a self-ordained what?
(a) Sister of Integrity.
(b) Sister of Chastity.
(c) Sister of Sin.
(d) Sister of Mercy.
3. The title of Chapter 8 is the what and "the Minister?"
(a) The Minstrel and the Minister.
(b) The Elf-Child and the Minister.
(c) The Elfin and the Minister.
(d) The Miniature and the Minstrel.
4. Chose which of the following best describes the tone in the last sentence of Chapter 1?
5. In what point of view is "The Custom House" written?
(b) Third person, limited.
(c) Third person, omniscient.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distinguishes the men in the "throng" at the beginning of thChapter 1?
2. Hester's work is seen everywhere with the exception of:
3. Who retrieves the object that Hester flings away?
4. Who is with the governor when Hester visits his house to deliver something?
5. Where does the minister go in the beginning of Chapter 12?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)