|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hester wearing on the public holiday in Chapter 21?
(a) A plain blue dress.
(b) A white wedding gown.
(c) Coarse gray cloth.
(d) Fine scarlet gown.
2. What is the title of the first chapter?
(b) The Prison-Door.
(c) The Prison Rose.
(d) Gaol-Door Rock.
3. What is the title of Chapter 20?
(a) "The Minister in the Middle."
(b) "The Mysterious Minister."
(c) "The Minister in the Mirror."
(d) "The Minister in a Maze."
4. Why will Pearl not come to Hester in Chapter 19?
(a) She has taken off the letter.
(b) She is talking with a man.
(c) She is angry at her mother.
(d) She is across the brook.
5. Which character is described as having a "wildflower prettiness?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hawthorne find in a "mysterious package" in the Custom-House?
2. What are the "delicate gems" referred to at the end of Chapter 1?
3. The "public disapprobation" refers to...?
4. What adjective best characterizes the governor's house?
5. Where does the minister go in the beginning of Chapter 12?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)