|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following creatures is not mentioned while Pearl plays on the shore?
(b) Horseshoe crab.
2. While she is playing, Pearl makes a little boat out of what?
(b) Sea weed.
(c) Birch bark.
(d) Sand dollars.
3. What does Hawthorne find in a "mysterious package" in the Custom-House?
(a) A painting of Hester and Pearl.
(b) The scarlet letter.
(c) Hester's diary.
(d) Dimmesdale's diary.
4. John Wilson is described as having what relationship to Dimmesdale?
(a) One of his fatherly teachers.
(b) One of his holy fathers.
(c) One of his mystical mates.
(d) One of his clerical brethern.
5. How old is the baby in Hester's arms when we first see her?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three days.
(c) Six months.
(d) A week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hester is a self-ordained what?
2. What marks particular attendants of the holiday as members of their forest settlements?
3. What street runs outside the Custom-House?
4. Who is mentioned in Chapter 13 as a "foundress of a religious sect?"
5. The tone of this preface is best described as...
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)