|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group of people leads the procession referred to in the title of Chapter 22?
(a) The soldiers.
(b) The musicians.
(c) The public officials.
(d) The clergy.
2. Which field had Bellingham trained for/been educated in?
3. Chillingworth is described as which of the following in Chapter 11?
4. Pearl recognizes a man in the procession who did what?
(a) Stole money from Hester.
(b) Gave her a red rose from his garden.
(c) Kissed her by the brook.
(d) Visited Hester and her in jail.
5. Who is mentioned in Chapter 13 as a "foundress of a religious sect?"
(b) Mother Theresa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Hester's "happy infancy and stainless maidenhood?"
2. What metal is the previously mentioned book and pen associated with?
3. Despite his triumph in delivering the sermon in Chapter 23, how does Dimmesdale appear?
4. By what moniker does Hawthorne name the Custom-House building itself?
5. Chillingworth has a degree from a university in which country?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)