|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the governor's house when the men are debating Hester's custody, what does one of them say Pearl should have been named?
(a) Scarlet, Rose or Diamond.
(b) Pinkie, Cora or Rosa.
(c) Ruby, Coral or Red Rose.
(d) Ruby, Scarlet or Roseanna.
2. What color is the letter A Pearl fashions for herself out of natural objects ?
3. What quiets Pearl in this when she wants something from the governor's garden?
(a) Her obedience to Hester.
(b) The gardener gives her what she wants.
(c) The appearance of the governor.
(d) Her nanny.
4. What does Pearl desperately desire from the governor's garden?
(a) A tulip.
(b) A cabbage.
(c) A rose.
(d) A pumpkin.
5. How does the narrator describe the former queen of England, Elizabeth I?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "pedestal of infamy?"
2. Chapter 6 is named after which character?
3. One person suggest that Hester should have an iron brand burned where?
4. Where is Hester when she and Pearl are examined by the doctor?
5. Hawthorne calls the Custom House a...?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)