|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One person suggest that Hester should have an iron brand burned where?
(a) On her chest.
(b) On her cheek.
(c) On the palms of her hands.
(d) On her forehead.
2. Dimmesdale claims that his scarlet letter burns how?
(a) In secret.
(b) In God's eyes.
(c) On his soul.
(d) On the inside.
3. Which minister in the book has "a border of grizzled locks beneath his skull-cap" and gray eyes?
4. What color is Hester's hair?
5. How many years have passed so far in this novel, in Chapter 13?
(a) Less than one.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does this description refer: "a seemingly careless arrangement of his heterogeneous garb"?
2. Which man in at the governor's argues that Hester should be allowed to keep Pearl?
3. What does Hester threaten to do at the end of Chapter 14?
4. Which character is described as having a "wildflower prettiness?"
5. What is the title of Chapter 3?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)