|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which minister in the book has "a border of grizzled locks beneath his skull-cap" and gray eyes?
2. What does Chillingworth say in Chapter 14 the town council has been debating?
(a) Whether to take away Pearl from Hester.
(b) Whether to exile Hester from Boston.
(c) Whether to arrest Hester again.
(d) Whether to take away the scarlet letter.
3. Where does Dimmesdale imagine a "scarlet token?"
(a) On Hester.
(b) On his chest.
(c) On his forehead.
(d) On Pearl.
4. What is the title of Chapter 14?
(a) The Doctor and Mrs. Chillingworth.
(b) Hester and the Physician.
(c) Hester and the Magician.
(d) The Magical Doctor.
5. Where are Dimmesdale's parents?
(b) In Salem.
(c) In Boston.
(d) In England.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the governor's house when the men are debating Hester's custody, what does one of them say Pearl should have been named?
2. To whom does this description refer: "a seemingly careless arrangement of his heterogeneous garb"?
3. What color is Hester's hair?
4. How old is the baby in Hester's arms when we first see her?
5. Hawthorne utterly disclaims what kind of motives?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)