|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which minister in the book has "a border of grizzled locks beneath his skull-cap" and gray eyes?
2. Hawthorne calls the Custom House a...?
(a) Sketch of official life.
(b) Picture of the colony.
(c) Portrait of the Puritans.
(d) Sketch of old-time Salem.
3. In Chapter 19, how does Dimmesdale say Pearl looks?
(a) "Strangely familiar."
(b) "Uncannily adorable."
(c) "Strangely beautiful."
(d) "Uncannily strange."
4. Why do most Puritans fast, according to the narrator?
(a) To lose weight.
(b) To cure disease.
(c) To conserve food.
(d) To purify their bodies.
5. What is the title of Chapter 3?
(a) The Recognizance.
(b) The Recognition.
(c) The Meeting.
(d) The Resistance.
Short Answer Questions
1. One person suggest that Hester should have an iron brand burned where?
2. Salem is characterized currently as....?
3. Whose voice is "tremulously sweet, rich, deep and broken?"
4. In what point of view is "The Custom House" written?
5. What does Hester fling next to the brook?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)