|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the door to the jail made of?
2. Where was Hester's "happy infancy and stainless maidenhood?"
(b) Bustling London.
(d) Rural England.
3. At the governor's house when the men are debating Hester's custody, what does one of them say Pearl should have been named?
(a) Pinkie, Cora or Rosa.
(b) Scarlet, Rose or Diamond.
(c) Ruby, Scarlet or Roseanna.
(d) Ruby, Coral or Red Rose.
4. How is Hibbins related to the Governor?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His sister.
(c) No relation.
(d) His sister-in-law.
5. Where are Dimmesdale's parents?
(a) In England.
(c) In Boston.
(d) In Salem.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does this "obscure night" take place in Chapter 12?
2. From which city is this preface written?
3. Who thinks that Hester's punishment/sentence is too light?
4. The following description of someone's eyes in Chapter 10 refers to which character: "burning blue and ominous, like the reflection of a furnace....like one of those gleams of ghastly fire"?
5. The title of Chapter 8 is the what and "the Minister?"
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)