|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what kind of natural objects has Pearl decorated herself in Chapter 18?
(b) Maple leaves.
(d) Sand and driftwood.
2. Where does Dimmesdale imagine a "scarlet token?"
(a) On his chest.
(b) On Pearl.
(c) On Hester.
(d) On his forehead.
3. Who is NOT among the crowd shaming Hester?
(a) The governor.
(b) Hester's pastor.
(c) The judges.
(d) Hester's parents.
4. What does Hester tell Dimmesdale about Chillingworth in Chapter 17?
(a) That he is really a Catholic.
(b) That he is not really a doctor.
(c) That he is her husband.
(d) That he is on an undercover mission for the governor.
5. Who is described as a/an "intolerant brood?"
(a) The governor's family.
(b) The Puritans.
(c) The Dutch.
(d) The Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "pedestal of infamy?"
2. According to the narrator, what is the first thing that Pearl noticed, as a baby?
3. When Pearl repeatedly asks Hester what the letter stand for, what does Hester tell her in Chapter 15?
4. What does Chillingworth say in Chapter 14 the town council has been debating?
5. From which city is this preface written?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)