|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who retrieves the object that Hester flings away?
(b) No one.
2. How old is the baby in Hester's arms when we first see her?
(a) Three days.
(b) Three months.
(c) Six months.
(d) A week.
3. By what moniker does Hawthorne name the Custom-House building itself?
(a) Regal Apartment.
(b) Old Manse.
(c) Venerated Palace.
(d) Big House.
4. Which field had Bellingham trained for/been educated in?
5. The following description of someone's eyes in Chapter 10 refers to which character: "burning blue and ominous, like the reflection of a furnace....like one of those gleams of ghastly fire"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does Chapter 1 take place?
2. What is the health problem wrong with Dimmesdale?
3. What is the name of the grave-yard Hawthorne mentions in his discussion of his ancestors?
4. What color is the letter A Pearl fashions for herself out of natural objects ?
5. Hawthorne utterly disclaims what kind of motives?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)