|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The title of Chapter 8 is the what and "the Minister?"
(a) The Elfin and the Minister.
(b) The Minstrel and the Minister.
(c) The Elf-Child and the Minister.
(d) The Miniature and the Minstrel.
2. When Dimmesdale exclaims, "O Thou to whom I dare not life mine eyes," whom is he addressing?
3. Why does Hester stay in New England?
(a) It is the scene of her crime.
(b) She enjoys the brisk winter.
(c) Her family is there.
(d) She enjoys whaling.
4. Who is Hester's legal husband?
5. Which of the following creatures is not mentioned while Pearl plays on the shore?
(a) Horseshoe crab.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the letter A Pearl fashions for herself out of natural objects ?
2. What is NOT one of the possible crimes mentioned in this Chapter 2, as a reason people might flock to the prison?
3. What does Hester tell Dimmesdale about Chillingworth in Chapter 17?
4. From which city is this preface written?
5. What are the "delicate gems" referred to at the end of Chapter 1?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)