|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What metal is the previously mentioned book and pen associated with?
2. Which field had Bellingham trained for/been educated in?
3. This preface is the preface to which edition of the novel?
(a) The third.
(b) The second.
(c) The fourth.
(d) The first.
4. Hester says that Pearl is "strange" and what at first?
5. What street runs outside the Custom-House?
(a) High Street.
(b) Main Street.
(c) Salem Road.
(d) Derby Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does this description refer: "a seemingly careless arrangement of his heterogeneous garb"?
2. What, at the end of Chapter 11, is the "only truth" for Dimmesdale?
3. Who is described as a/an "intolerant brood?"
4. What color is the thread that embroiders the scarlet letter?
5. What color is Hester's hair?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)