|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which year was this preface written?
2. Who is said to ride "with Satan through the air?"
3. Which minister in the book has "a border of grizzled locks beneath his skull-cap" and gray eyes?
4. What is the shape of the hats worn in the "throng"?
5. Who is NOT among the crowd shaming Hester?
(a) Hester's pastor.
(b) The governor.
(c) The judges.
(d) Hester's parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the spikes on the door to the jail made of?
2. What is the title of Chapter 14?
3. What facial expression of Chillingworth displays his true malice, which the narrator calls "his blackness" in Chapter 14?
4. According to Dimmesdale, Chillingworth's revenge has been "____ than [his] sin"?
5. This preface is the preface to which edition of the novel?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)