|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chillingworth is described as which of the following in Chapter 11?
2. Who thinks that Hester's punishment/sentence is too light?
(a) The men of town.
(b) The children of town.
(c) The women of town.
(d) The ministers.
3. What is Hester delivering to the governor's house when she goes there in Chapter 7?
(d) A scarf.
4. What color is the letter A Pearl fashions for herself out of natural objects ?
5. From which city is this preface written?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the doctor gives Hester something to drink, what does she think is in the cup?
2. Which man in at the governor's argues that Hester should be allowed to keep Pearl?
3. Where does the minister go in the beginning of Chapter 12?
4. Whose name does the doctor want Hester to reveal?
5. Which field had Bellingham trained for/been educated in?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)