|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to many of the townspeople who have come to appreciate Hester, should the A stand for?
2. "Hester at her WHAT" is the title of Chapter 5?
(a) Wit's End.
3. What prominent wild plant grows just outside the door to the jail?
(a) A rose bush.
(b) A weeping willow.
4. What color is Hester's hair?
5. By what moniker does Hawthorne name the Custom-House building itself?
(a) Regal Apartment.
(b) Big House.
(c) Venerated Palace.
(d) Old Manse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "pedestal of infamy?"
2. What does Hester tell Dimmesdale about Chillingworth in Chapter 17?
3. Who, according to the narrator, is at the "head of the social system" in Puritan times?
4. Which political party does Hawthorne belong?
5. Hester is a self-ordained what?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)