|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what moniker does Hawthorne name the Custom-House building itself?
(a) Regal Apartment.
(b) Big House.
(c) Venerated Palace.
(d) Old Manse.
2. The title of Chapter 9 ("The Leech") refers to which character?
3. Salem is characterized currently as....?
4. Which plant is NOT mentioned in Chapter 1?
5. Who is NOT among the crowd shaming Hester?
(a) Hester's pastor.
(b) Hester's parents.
(c) The governor.
(d) The judges.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following descriptions does not apply to Pearl?
2. Why, according to Pearl, does sunshine "run away and hide itself" from Hester?
3. What does Pearl do with sea weed?
4. The earliest parts of the colony had been the jail and what other location?
5. In Chapter 14, the narrator symbolized the truth by what?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)