|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From which city is this preface written?
(d) New York.
2. What color is the thread that embroiders the scarlet letter?
3. How does the narrator describe the former queen of England, Elizabeth I?
4. What metal is the previously mentioned book and pen associated with?
5. How old is the baby in Hester's arms when we first see her?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three days.
(d) A week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What quiets Pearl in this when she wants something from the governor's garden?
2. Who is the patient referred to in the title of Chapter 10?
3. Why is Pearl's mother questioned about whether or not she should have custody of the baby?
4. Hawthorne utterly disclaims what kind of motives?
5. How does Hawthorne describe the historic Salem of years ago?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)