|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which description does not apply to Dimmesdale?
(a) Weak frame.
(b) Nervous temperament.
2. What is the title of the first chapter?
(b) The Prison Rose.
(c) The Prison-Door.
(d) Gaol-Door Rock.
3. When Pearl will not cross the brook, what does Hester tell her she can leap like?
(a) Bull frog.
(b) Young deer.
(c) Giant grasshopper.
(d) Little girls.
4. Who is to wear the thing Hester is delivering to the governor's house?
(a) The governor himself.
(b) The governor's daughter.
(c) The governor's wife.
(d) The governor's servants.
5. What is the subtitle of "The Custom-House"?
(a) A Play in Four Acts.
(b) A Preface.
(c) A Novel of Morals.
(d) Introductory to The Scarlet Letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hester's work is seen everywhere with the exception of:
2. What are the two non-Puritan sects mentioned in this Chapter 2?
3. To whom does this description refer: "a seemingly careless arrangement of his heterogeneous garb"?
4. What is the name of the grave-yard Hawthorne mentions in his discussion of his ancestors?
5. One person suggest that Hester should have an iron brand burned where?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)