|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hester tell Dimmesdale about Chillingworth in Chapter 17?
(a) That he is her husband.
(b) That he is on an undercover mission for the governor.
(c) That he is really a Catholic.
(d) That he is not really a doctor.
2. Who, in Chapter 5, is referred to as "the figure, the body, the reality of sin?"
3. What is the title of the first chapter?
(a) The Prison Rose.
(c) The Prison-Door.
(d) Gaol-Door Rock.
4. Where is Hester when she and Pearl are examined by the doctor?
(a) At the doctor's office.
(b) In jail.
(c) At the governor's mansion.
(d) In church.
5. What is the title of Chapter 18?
(a) A Flood of Brightness.
(b) An Ectasy of Light.
(c) A Flood of Sunshine.
(d) A River of Tears.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what kind of natural objects has Pearl decorated herself in Chapter 18?
2. Hester's work is seen everywhere with the exception of:
3. Where does Dimmesdale imagine a "scarlet token?"
4. What does Chillingworth say in Chapter 14 the town council has been debating?
5. Why will Pearl not come to Hester in Chapter 19?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)