|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hawthorne, the reaction could not have been more violent if...?
(a) He had kidnapped someone.
(b) He had murdered someone.
(c) He had burned down the Custom-House.
(d) He had committed adultery.
2. "Hester at her WHAT" is the title of Chapter 5?
(d) Wit's End.
3. Why does Hawthorne refuse to change what he has written?
(a) He has made too much money from it.
(b) He wants to hurt the victim of his wit.
(c) He thinks it is true.
(d) He enjoys the notoriety.
4. Where are Dimmesdale's parents?
(a) In Salem.
(b) In Boston.
(d) In England.
5. While she is playing, Pearl makes a little boat out of what?
(a) Sand dollars.
(c) Sea weed.
(d) Birch bark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose widow is Mistress Hibbins?
2. Where does Chillingworth take up residence?
3. Why does Hester stay in New England?
4. Hawthorne utterly disclaims what kind of motives?
5. What are the spikes on the door to the jail made of?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)