|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The title of Chapter 9 ("The Leech") refers to which character?
2. Who was the father of the Custom-House?
(a) The permanent Inspector.
(b) Hawthorne's grandfather.
(c) General Miller.
(d) Uncle Sam.
3. What was the door to the jail made of?
4. How does the narrator describe the former queen of England, Elizabeth I?
5. What prominent wild plant grows just outside the door to the jail?
(a) A weeping willow.
(d) A rose bush.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the "delicate gems" referred to at the end of Chapter 1?
2. Why does Hester stay in New England?
3. Hester is a self-ordained what?
4. Which one of the following descriptions does not apply to Pearl?
5. To whom does this description refer: "a seemingly careless arrangement of his heterogeneous garb"?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)