|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Chillingworth been gathering herbs, when he is asked by the minister in Chapter 10?
(a) By the seashoer.
(b) In the governor's garden.
(c) In a graveyard.
(d) In Hester's garden.
2. How many years have passed so far in this novel, in Chapter 13?
(a) Less than one.
3. The earliest parts of the colony had been the jail and what other location?
(a) The governor's mansion.
(b) The cemetery.
(c) The schoolhouse.
(d) The church.
4. Who is described as a/an "intolerant brood?"
(a) The Indians.
(b) The Puritans.
(c) The Dutch.
(d) The governor's family.
5. What is the shape of the hats worn in the "throng"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Dimmesdale set out to meet?
2. Who is said to haunt the forest outside town, carrying a big, heavy book with him?
3. What does Chillingworth say in Chapter 14 the town council has been debating?
4. In Chapter 14, the narrator symbolized the truth by what?
5. When the doctor gives Hester something to drink, what does she think is in the cup?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)