|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This preface is the preface to which edition of the novel?
(a) The fourth.
(b) The second.
(c) The first.
(d) The third.
2. Chillingworth is described as which of the following in Chapter 11?
3. At the governor's house when the men are debating Hester's custody, what does one of them say Pearl should have been named?
(a) Ruby, Coral or Red Rose.
(b) Ruby, Scarlet or Roseanna.
(c) Scarlet, Rose or Diamond.
(d) Pinkie, Cora or Rosa.
4. Who, in Chapter 5, is referred to as "the figure, the body, the reality of sin?"
5. The "public disapprobation" refers to...?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 14?
2. Who is mentioned in Chapter 13 as a "foundress of a religious sect?"
3. According to Hester in Chapter 16, where does she tell Pearl she got the scarlet letter?
4. Why, according to Pearl, does sunshine "run away and hide itself" from Hester?
5. What street runs outside the Custom-House?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)