|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Wilson asks Pearl who made her, what does she answer?
(a) That her mother had picked her off a rose bush.
(b) That Dimmesdale is her father.
(c) That Hester had made her alone.
(d) That a stork had delivered her.
2. Which description does not apply to Dimmesdale?
(c) Weak frame.
(d) Nervous temperament.
3. The title of Chapter 4, "The Interview," refers to the meeting between which two characters?
(a) Hester and Chillingworth.
(b) Chillingworth and Bellingham.
(c) Hester and Dimmesdale.
(d) Chillingworth and Dimmesdale.
4. Whom does Dimmesdale set out to meet?
(a) Disciple Ellison.
(b) Apostle Elias.
(c) Apostle Eliot.
(d) Disciple Adrian.
5. According to Hester in Chapter 16, where does she tell Pearl she got the scarlet letter?
(a) From Mistress Hibbins.
(b) From the Dark Man.
(c) From the Black Man.
(d) From the Dark Reverend.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the former queen of England, Elizabeth I?
2. Who thinks that Hester's punishment/sentence is too light?
3. Where does Chillingworth take up residence?
4. Which political party does Hawthorne belong?
5. While she is playing, Pearl makes a little boat out of what?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)