|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Pearl's mother questioned about whether or not she should have custody of the baby?
(a) Because Hester has a drinking problem.
(b) Because Pearl is acting out in school.
(c) Because of her sin.
(d) Because Pearl is hanging out with a bad crowd.
2. Which one of the following descriptions does not apply to Pearl?
(a) "beautiful munchkin"
(b) "sole treasure"
(c) "little elf"
(d) "airy sprite"
3. Hawthorne surmises that if there were a Papist in the crowd, whom would Hester remind him of?
(a) The pope.
(b) Mother Theresa.
(c) Mary Magdalene.
(d) The Virgin Mary.
4. Who is the patient referred to in the title of Chapter 10?
5. Which plant is NOT mentioned in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Hester when Chillingworth leaves, "his gray beard almost" touching the ground?
2. What are the "delicate gems" referred to at the end of Chapter 1?
3. Who is said to ride "with Satan through the air?"
4. What is one of Chillingworth's distinguishing physical features?
5. Who thinks that Hester's punishment/sentence is too light?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)