|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Hibbins related to the Governor?
(a) His sister-in-law.
(b) No relation.
(c) His sister.
(d) His daughter.
2. What is the health problem wrong with Dimmesdale?
(a) Failing health.
(d) Failing eyesight.
3. The following description of clothing belongs to which community leader: "a dark feather in his hat, a border of embroidery on his cloak, and a black velvet tunic beneath"?
4. The title of Chapter 9 ("The Leech") refers to which character?
5. Who is mentioned in Chapter 13 as a "foundress of a religious sect?"
(c) Mother Theresa.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which year was this preface written?
2. Where was Reverend Dimmesdale trained in religion?
3. What quiets Pearl in this when she wants something from the governor's garden?
4. Which minister in the book has "a border of grizzled locks beneath his skull-cap" and gray eyes?
5. Where are Dimmesdale's parents?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)