|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years after the founding of Boston does Chapter 1 take place?
(a) Approximately 90 or 100.
(b) Approximately 15 or 20.
(c) Approximately 150 or more.
(d) Approximately 50 or 60.
2. What are the two non-Puritan sects mentioned in this Chapter 2?
(a) Quaker and Catholic.
(b) Antimonian and Quaker.
(c) Antimonian, Quaker, and Catholic.
(d) Shaker and Quaker.
3. Whose widow is Mistress Hibbins?
(a) The magistrate's.
(b) The minister's.
(c) The narrator's.
(d) The governor's.
4. Chose which of the following best describes the tone in the last sentence of Chapter 1?
5. The tone of this preface is best described as...
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Dimmesdale set out to meet?
2. According to Hawthorne, the reaction could not have been more violent if...?
3. When Pearl repeatedly asks Hester what the letter stand for, what does Hester tell her in Chapter 15?
4. In what month does this "obscure night" take place in Chapter 12?
5. What color is the letter A Pearl fashions for herself out of natural objects ?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)