|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hester's work is seen everywhere with the exception of:
(a) At funerals.
(b) In church.
(c) On babies.
(d) At weddings.
2. How does the narrator describe the former queen of England, Elizabeth I?
3. Why does Hawthorne refuse to change what he has written?
(a) He wants to hurt the victim of his wit.
(b) He enjoys the notoriety.
(c) He has made too much money from it.
(d) He thinks it is true.
4. The following description of someone's eyes in Chapter 10 refers to which character: "burning blue and ominous, like the reflection of a furnace....like one of those gleams of ghastly fire"?
5. In what month does Chapter 1 take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What metal is the previously mentioned book and pen associated with?
2. Who is the patient referred to in the title of Chapter 10?
3. What prominent wild plant grows just outside the door to the jail?
4. Who thinks that Hester's punishment/sentence is too light?
5. What is the title of Chapter 3?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)