|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what moniker does Hawthorne name the Custom-House building itself?
(a) Old Manse.
(b) Venerated Palace.
(c) Big House.
(d) Regal Apartment.
2. What color is the letter A Pearl fashions for herself out of natural objects ?
3. Where does Dimmesdale hold his hand often throughout the novel?
(a) In his pocket.
(b) Over his heart.
(c) Clutching the Bible.
(d) Over his eyes.
4. The following description of clothing belongs to which community leader: "a dark feather in his hat, a border of embroidery on his cloak, and a black velvet tunic beneath"?
5. Hester's work is seen everywhere with the exception of:
(a) At funerals.
(b) On babies.
(c) At weddings.
(d) In church.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hawthorne, the reaction could not have been more violent if...?
2. "Hester at her WHAT" is the title of Chapter 5?
3. Who thinks that Hester's punishment/sentence is too light?
4. The following description of someone's eyes in Chapter 10 refers to which character: "burning blue and ominous, like the reflection of a furnace....like one of those gleams of ghastly fire"?
5. What metal is the previously mentioned book and pen associated with?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)