|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hester at her WHAT" is the title of Chapter 5?
(c) Wit's End.
2. In what point of view is "The Custom House" written?
(a) Third person, limited.
(c) Third person, omniscient.
3. What does Pearl do with sea weed?
(a) Wraps it about her head.
(b) Lines her pockets with it.
(c) Spreads it along the beach.
(d) Eats it.
4. The following description of someone's eyes in Chapter 10 refers to which character: "burning blue and ominous, like the reflection of a furnace....like one of those gleams of ghastly fire"?
5. Which description does not apply to Dimmesdale?
(a) Weak frame.
(b) Nervous temperament.
Short Answer Questions
1. What adjective best characterizes the governor's house?
2. Where was Hester's "happy infancy and stainless maidenhood?"
3. What metal is the previously mentioned book and pen associated with?
4. What, in Chapter 13, "glimmers" with an "unearthly ray"?
5. What does Hawthorne find in a "mysterious package" in the Custom-House?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)