|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does this description refer: "a seemingly careless arrangement of his heterogeneous garb"?
2. The following description of someone's eyes in Chapter 10 refers to which character: "burning blue and ominous, like the reflection of a furnace....like one of those gleams of ghastly fire"?
3. Which field had Bellingham trained for/been educated in?
4. Who is named as Hester's pastor in Chapter 2?
(a) Reverand Hawthorne.
(b) Reverend Dimmesdale.
(c) No pastor is named.
(d) Reverand Wilson.
5. Whom do Dimmesdale and Chillingworth see out the window at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) Just Hester.
(b) Hester and Pearl.
(c) Their own reflections.
(d) Just Pearl.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hawthorne, the reaction could not have been more violent if...?
2. From which city is this preface written?
3. What distinguishes the men in the "throng" at the beginning of thChapter 1?
4. What quiets Pearl in this when she wants something from the governor's garden?
5. Chapter 6 is named after which character?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)