|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Chillingworth been gathering herbs, when he is asked by the minister in Chapter 10?
(a) In a graveyard.
(b) In the governor's garden.
(c) By the seashoer.
(d) In Hester's garden.
2. Which description does not apply to Dimmesdale?
(b) Weak frame.
(c) Nervous temperament.
3. What quiets Pearl in this when she wants something from the governor's garden?
(a) The gardener gives her what she wants.
(b) Her obedience to Hester.
(c) The appearance of the governor.
(d) Her nanny.
4. Whom do Dimmesdale and Chillingworth see out the window at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) Their own reflections.
(b) Just Hester.
(c) Hester and Pearl.
(d) Just Pearl.
5. What is NOT one of the possible crimes mentioned in this Chapter 2, as a reason people might flock to the prison?
(b) Undutiful child.
(c) Sluggish bond servant.
(d) Religious heterodoxy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the door to the jail made of?
2. How old is the baby in Hester's arms when we first see her?
3. The tone of this preface is best described as...
4. Who is named as Hester's pastor in Chapter 2?
5. Which political party does Hawthorne belong?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)