|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distinguishes the men in the "throng" at the beginning of thChapter 1?
(a) They are fat.
(b) They are bald.
(c) They are ministers.
(d) They are bearded.
2. What kind of men are rare in the colony, according to the narrator?
(b) Doctors and scientists.
3. The "public disapprobation" refers to...?
4. Hester's work is seen everywhere with the exception of:
(a) At funerals.
(b) At weddings.
(c) In church.
(d) On babies.
5. In what point of view is "The Custom House" written?
(b) Third person, limited.
(c) Third person, omniscient.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Hester's hair?
2. What quiets Pearl in this when she wants something from the governor's garden?
3. Chose which of the following best describes the tone in the last sentence of Chapter 1?
4. Who is Hester's legal husband?
5. Which character says, ironically, "why should a wretched man, guilty, we will say, of murder, prefer to keep the dead corpse buried in his own heart, rather than fling it forth at once"?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)