|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The title of Chapter 5 refers to what?
(a) Hester's love life.
(b) Hester's past.
(c) Hester's guilt.
(d) Hester's work.
2. Who is named as Hester's pastor in Chapter 2?
(a) Reverend Dimmesdale.
(b) No pastor is named.
(c) Reverand Wilson.
(d) Reverand Hawthorne.
3. Salem is characterized currently as....?
4. The "public disapprobation" refers to...?
5. The earliest parts of the colony had been the jail and what other location?
(a) The schoolhouse.
(b) The cemetery.
(c) The governor's mansion.
(d) The church.
Short Answer Questions
1. This preface is the preface to which edition of the novel?
2. What is the name of the grave-yard Hawthorne mentions in his discussion of his ancestors?
3. Why does Hester stay in New England?
4. How many years after the founding of Boston does Chapter 1 take place?
5. What is the "pedestal of infamy?"
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)