|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Against whom is Hawthorne alleged to harbor a "peculiar malevolence"?
(a) Hester Prynne.
(b) The Governot.
(c) The Custom's Inspector.
(d) His editor.
2. What distinguishes the men in the "throng" at the beginning of thChapter 1?
(a) They are fat.
(b) They are bearded.
(c) They are bald.
(d) They are ministers.
3. Hawthorne surmises that if there were a Papist in the crowd, whom would Hester remind him of?
(a) Mother Theresa.
(b) Mary Magdalene.
(c) The pope.
(d) The Virgin Mary.
4. Chose which of the following best describes the tone in the last sentence of Chapter 1?
5. Who is named as Hester's pastor in Chapter 2?
(a) Reverand Wilson.
(b) Reverand Hawthorne.
(c) No pastor is named.
(d) Reverend Dimmesdale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pearl desperately desire from the governor's garden?
2. What is the health problem wrong with Dimmesdale?
3. What is the title of the first chapter?
4. What was the door to the jail made of?
5. According to the narrator, what is the first thing that Pearl noticed, as a baby?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)