|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the thread that embroiders the scarlet letter?
2. When the doctor gives Hester something to drink, what does she think is in the cup?
(a) A truth serum.
3. The following description of clothing belongs to which community leader: "a dark feather in his hat, a border of embroidery on his cloak, and a black velvet tunic beneath"?
4. How does Hawthorne describe the historic Salem of years ago?
(a) A bustling port.
(b) A dour harbor.
(c) A sad sailing town.
(d) A busy metropolis.
5. Whose voice is "tremulously sweet, rich, deep and broken?"
Short Answer Questions
1. The "public disapprobation" refers to...?
2. Who is Hester's legal husband?
3. Who is NOT among the crowd shaming Hester?
4. Which description does not apply to Dimmesdale?
5. What does Hawthorne find in a "mysterious package" in the Custom-House?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)