|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The title of Chapter 9 ("The Leech") refers to which character?
2. What symbol of the United States hands in front of the Custom-House?
(a) Uncle Sam.
(b) Apple pie.
(c) The stars and stripes.
(d) An eagle.
3. In what point of view is "The Custom House" written?
(b) Third person, limited.
(c) Third person, omniscient.
4. What color is Hester's hair?
5. What street runs outside the Custom-House?
(a) Main Street.
(b) Derby Street.
(c) Salem Road.
(d) High Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. From which city is this preface written?
2. Which political party does Hawthorne belong?
3. Hawthorne calls the Custom House a...?
4. What is the shape of the hats worn in the "throng"?
5. Which plant is NOT mentioned in Chapter 1?
This section contains 148 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)