|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the governor's house when the men are debating Hester's custody, what does one of them say Pearl should have been named?
(a) Pinkie, Cora or Rosa.
(b) Scarlet, Rose or Diamond.
(c) Ruby, Scarlet or Roseanna.
(d) Ruby, Coral or Red Rose.
2. To whom does this description refer: "a seemingly careless arrangement of his heterogeneous garb"?
3. Hawthorne writes of his surprise and what in the first lines of the preface?
4. The title of Chapter 9 ("The Leech") refers to which character?
5. Who is named as Hester's pastor in Chapter 2?
(a) No pastor is named.
(b) Reverand Wilson.
(c) Reverand Hawthorne.
(d) Reverend Dimmesdale.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who thinks that Hester's punishment/sentence is too light?
2. Which plant is NOT mentioned in Chapter 1?
3. Which minister in the book has "a border of grizzled locks beneath his skull-cap" and gray eyes?
4. What was the door to the jail made of?
5. When the doctor gives Hester something to drink, what does she think is in the cup?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)