|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of Chillingworth's distinguishing physical features?
(a) He is lame in his right leg.
(b) One of his shoulders is higher than the other.
(c) He is missing most of the toes on his left foot.
(d) His left eye droops.
2. What was the door to the jail made of?
3. Why does Hester stay in New England?
(a) It is the scene of her crime.
(b) She enjoys the brisk winter.
(c) She enjoys whaling.
(d) Her family is there.
4. One person suggest that Hester should have an iron brand burned where?
(a) On the palms of her hands.
(b) On her chest.
(c) On her forehead.
(d) On her cheek.
5. Which character is described as having a "wildflower prettiness?"
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hester at her WHAT" is the title of Chapter 5?
2. The title of Chapter 8 is the what and "the Minister?"
3. Hawthorne calls the Custom House a...?
4. What color is Hester's hair?
5. Which man in at the governor's argues that Hester should be allowed to keep Pearl?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)