|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hawthorne describe the historic Salem of years ago?
(a) A dour harbor.
(b) A sad sailing town.
(c) A bustling port.
(d) A busy metropolis.
2. What distinguishes the men in the "throng" at the beginning of thChapter 1?
(a) They are bald.
(b) They are ministers.
(c) They are bearded.
(d) They are fat.
3. What is one of Chillingworth's distinguishing physical features?
(a) He is lame in his right leg.
(b) His left eye droops.
(c) He is missing most of the toes on his left foot.
(d) One of his shoulders is higher than the other.
4. Where is Hester when she and Pearl are examined by the doctor?
(a) In jail.
(b) At the doctor's office.
(c) At the governor's mansion.
(d) In church.
5. Where was Reverend Dimmesdale trained in religion?
Short Answer Questions
1. The title of Chapter 8 is the what and "the Minister?"
2. What is the name of the grave-yard Hawthorne mentions in his discussion of his ancestors?
3. When the doctor gives Hester something to drink, what does she think is in the cup?
4. What was the door to the jail made of?
5. Which political party does Hawthorne belong?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)