|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described as a/an "intolerant brood?"
(a) The governor's family.
(b) The Dutch.
(c) The Indians.
(d) The Puritans.
2. What is the shape of the hats worn in the "throng"?
3. Salem is characterized currently as....?
4. What was the door to the jail made of?
5. Hester's work is seen everywhere with the exception of:
(a) At funerals.
(b) At weddings.
(c) In church.
(d) On babies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years after the founding of Boston does Chapter 1 take place?
2. What quiets Pearl in this when she wants something from the governor's garden?
3. Who is with the governor when Hester visits his house to deliver something?
4. Chillingworth has a degree from a university in which country?
5. By what moniker does Hawthorne name the Custom-House building itself?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)