|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is to wear the thing Hester is delivering to the governor's house?
(a) The governor himself.
(b) The governor's servants.
(c) The governor's daughter.
(d) The governor's wife.
2. What color is the thread that embroiders the scarlet letter?
3. The "public disapprobation" refers to...?
4. Who is NOT among the crowd shaming Hester?
(a) Hester's parents.
(b) The judges.
(c) Hester's pastor.
(d) The governor.
5. What is the subtitle of "The Custom-House"?
(a) A Novel of Morals.
(b) Introductory to <i>The Scarlet Letter</i>.
(c) A Play in Four Acts.
(d) A Preface.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the grave-yard Hawthorne mentions in his discussion of his ancestors?
2. In what month does Chapter 1 take place?
3. What is the shape of the hats worn in the "throng"?
4. What is the title of Chapter 3?
5. Who is the patient referred to in the title of Chapter 10?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)