|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hawthorne surmises that if there were a Papist in the crowd, whom would Hester remind him of?
(a) The pope.
(b) Mary Magdalene.
(c) The Virgin Mary.
(d) Mother Theresa.
2. What is the health problem wrong with Dimmesdale?
(b) Failing health.
(d) Failing eyesight.
3. What color is Hester's hair?
4. What is the title of the first chapter?
(a) The Prison-Door.
(b) Gaol-Door Rock.
(c) The Prison Rose.
5. Who is NOT among the crowd shaming Hester?
(a) The governor.
(b) The judges.
(c) Hester's pastor.
(d) Hester's parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which plant is NOT mentioned in Chapter 1?
2. What prominent wild plant grows just outside the door to the jail?
3. In what month does Chapter 1 take place?
4. Chillingworth has a degree from a university in which country?
5. How does the narrator describe the former queen of England, Elizabeth I?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)