|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years after the founding of Boston does Chapter 1 take place?
(a) Approximately 90 or 100.
(b) Approximately 150 or more.
(c) Approximately 15 or 20.
(d) Approximately 50 or 60.
2. When the doctor gives Hester something to drink, what does she think is in the cup?
(d) A truth serum.
3. Salem is characterized currently as....?
4. How does Hawthorne describe the historic Salem of years ago?
(a) A dour harbor.
(b) A busy metropolis.
(c) A sad sailing town.
(d) A bustling port.
5. What is one of Chillingworth's distinguishing physical features?
(a) His left eye droops.
(b) He is lame in his right leg.
(c) He is missing most of the toes on his left foot.
(d) One of his shoulders is higher than the other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Hester when she and Pearl are examined by the doctor?
2. Which character is described as having a "wildflower prettiness?"
3. What kind of men are rare in the colony, according to the narrator?
4. What is the "pedestal of infamy?"
5. According to the narrator, what is the first thing that Pearl noticed, as a baby?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)