|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What symbol of the United States hands in front of the Custom-House?
(a) Apple pie.
(b) Uncle Sam.
(c) An eagle.
(d) The stars and stripes.
2. In which year was this preface written?
3. Which description does not apply to Dimmesdale?
(a) Weak frame.
(d) Nervous temperament.
4. How does Hawthorne metaphorically refer to the United States government in "The Custom House"?
(a) Big brother.
(b) The golden eagle.
(c) Uncle Sam.
5. Which minister in the book has "a border of grizzled locks beneath his skull-cap" and gray eyes?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hester at her WHAT" is the title of Chapter 5?
2. Who is NOT among the crowd shaming Hester?
3. By what moniker does Hawthorne name the Custom-House building itself?
4. Which one of the following descriptions does not apply to Pearl?
5. What street runs outside the Custom-House?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)