|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hawthorne utterly disclaims what kind of motives?
(a) Spiritual and political.
(b) Personal, legal and moral.
(c) Petty and partisan.
(d) Personal and politcal.
2. The following description of someone's eyes in Chapter 10 refers to which character: "burning blue and ominous, like the reflection of a furnace....like one of those gleams of ghastly fire"?
3. Chapter 6 is named after which character?
4. Against whom is Hawthorne alleged to harbor a "peculiar malevolence"?
(a) His editor.
(b) Hester Prynne.
(c) The Governot.
(d) The Custom's Inspector.
5. What street runs outside the Custom-House?
(a) Derby Street.
(b) Main Street.
(c) Salem Road.
(d) High Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hawthorne, the reaction could not have been more violent if...?
2. The earliest parts of the colony had been the jail and what other location?
3. From which city is this preface written?
4. What adjective best characterizes the governor's house?
5. Why does Hester stay in New England?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)