|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the grave-yard Hawthorne mentions in his discussion of his ancestors?
(a) Town Cemetery.
(b) Old Church burial-ground.
(c) Charter Street burial-ground.
(d) Salem Cemetery.
2. Who thinks that Hester's punishment/sentence is too light?
(a) The men of town.
(b) The children of town.
(c) The women of town.
(d) The ministers.
3. What quiets Pearl in this when she wants something from the governor's garden?
(a) Her obedience to Hester.
(b) Her nanny.
(c) The appearance of the governor.
(d) The gardener gives her what she wants.
4. What does Pearl desperately desire from the governor's garden?
(a) A rose.
(b) A tulip.
(c) A cabbage.
(d) A pumpkin.
5. How old is the baby in Hester's arms when we first see her?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three months.
(d) A week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two non-Puritan sects mentioned in this Chapter 2?
2. Whose widow is Mistress Hibbins?
3. What is the title of the first chapter?
4. Hawthorne utterly disclaims what kind of motives?
5. Which minister in the book has "a border of grizzled locks beneath his skull-cap" and gray eyes?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)