|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The title of Chapter 4, "The Interview," refers to the meeting between which two characters?
(a) Chillingworth and Bellingham.
(b) Chillingworth and Dimmesdale.
(c) Hester and Dimmesdale.
(d) Hester and Chillingworth.
2. In what month does Chapter 1 take place?
3. What is the title of Chapter 3?
(a) The Recognition.
(b) The Meeting.
(c) The Recognizance.
(d) The Resistance.
4. What color is Hester's hair?
5. What is NOT one of the possible crimes mentioned in this Chapter 2, as a reason people might flock to the prison?
(a) Sluggish bond servant.
(c) Religious heterodoxy.
(d) Undutiful child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose name does the doctor want Hester to reveal?
2. Where is Hester when she and Pearl are examined by the doctor?
3. What street runs outside the Custom-House?
4. The following description of clothing belongs to which community leader: "a dark feather in his hat, a border of embroidery on his cloak, and a black velvet tunic beneath"?
5. Salem is characterized currently as....?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)