|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Hester's hair?
2. The title of Chapter 4, "The Interview," refers to the meeting between which two characters?
(a) Chillingworth and Dimmesdale.
(b) Hester and Dimmesdale.
(c) Chillingworth and Bellingham.
(d) Hester and Chillingworth.
3. What street runs outside the Custom-House?
(a) Derby Street.
(b) High Street.
(c) Salem Road.
(d) Main Street.
4. Hawthorne surmises that if there were a Papist in the crowd, whom would Hester remind him of?
(a) The pope.
(b) Mother Theresa.
(c) Mary Magdalene.
(d) The Virgin Mary.
5. What are the spikes on the door to the jail made of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the thread that embroiders the scarlet letter?
2. What was the door to the jail made of?
3. How does Hawthorne metaphorically refer to the United States government in "The Custom House"?
4. The tone of this preface is best described as...
5. The following description of clothing belongs to which community leader: "a dark feather in his hat, a border of embroidery on his cloak, and a black velvet tunic beneath"?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)