|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which political party does Hawthorne belong?
(d) Bull Moose.
2. How many years after the founding of Boston does Chapter 1 take place?
(a) Approximately 15 or 20.
(b) Approximately 90 or 100.
(c) Approximately 150 or more.
(d) Approximately 50 or 60.
3. The title of Chapter 4, "The Interview," refers to the meeting between which two characters?
(a) Hester and Dimmesdale.
(b) Chillingworth and Dimmesdale.
(c) Chillingworth and Bellingham.
(d) Hester and Chillingworth.
4. What quiets Pearl in this when she wants something from the governor's garden?
(a) Her nanny.
(b) Her obedience to Hester.
(c) The appearance of the governor.
(d) The gardener gives her what she wants.
5. Who, in Chapter 5, is referred to as "the figure, the body, the reality of sin?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the father of the Custom-House?
2. What are the "delicate gems" referred to at the end of Chapter 1?
3. Who is to wear the thing Hester is delivering to the governor's house?
4. What adjective best characterizes the governor's house?
5. Whose voice is "tremulously sweet, rich, deep and broken?"
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)