|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hawthorne find in a "mysterious package" in the Custom-House?
(a) Hester's diary.
(b) A painting of Hester and Pearl.
(c) The scarlet letter.
(d) Dimmesdale's diary.
2. One person suggest that Hester should have an iron brand burned where?
(a) On her chest.
(b) On her cheek.
(c) On her forehead.
(d) On the palms of her hands.
3. Salem is characterized currently as....?
4. What is the name of the grave-yard Hawthorne mentions in his discussion of his ancestors?
(a) Charter Street burial-ground.
(b) Salem Cemetery.
(c) Town Cemetery.
(d) Old Church burial-ground.
5. Who is to wear the thing Hester is delivering to the governor's house?
(a) The governor himself.
(b) The governor's servants.
(c) The governor's wife.
(d) The governor's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as a/an "intolerant brood?"
2. Whose voice is "tremulously sweet, rich, deep and broken?"
3. The title of Chapter 4, "The Interview," refers to the meeting between which two characters?
4. According to the narrator, what is the first thing that Pearl noticed, as a baby?
5. What color is the thread that embroiders the scarlet letter?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)