|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Salem is characterized currently as....?
2. Which political party does Hawthorne belong?
(d) Bull Moose.
3. In what point of view is "The Custom House" written?
(b) Third person, limited.
(c) Third person, omniscient.
4. What does Hawthorne find in a "mysterious package" in the Custom-House?
(a) The scarlet letter.
(b) Hester's diary.
(c) A painting of Hester and Pearl.
(d) Dimmesdale's diary.
5. What is the title of Chapter 3?
(a) The Meeting.
(b) The Resistance.
(c) The Recognition.
(d) The Recognizance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What symbol of the United States hands in front of the Custom-House?
2. What is Hester delivering to the governor's house when she goes there in Chapter 7?
3. Whose voice is "tremulously sweet, rich, deep and broken?"
4. The tone of this preface is best described as...
5. Chapter 6 is named after which character?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)