|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is named as Hester's pastor in Chapter 2?
(a) No pastor is named.
(b) Reverand Hawthorne.
(c) Reverend Dimmesdale.
(d) Reverand Wilson.
2. Why does Hester stay in New England?
(a) Her family is there.
(b) She enjoys whaling.
(c) She enjoys the brisk winter.
(d) It is the scene of her crime.
3. What does Pearl desperately desire from the governor's garden?
(a) A pumpkin.
(b) A cabbage.
(c) A rose.
(d) A tulip.
4. Who thinks that Hester's punishment/sentence is too light?
(a) The children of town.
(b) The women of town.
(c) The men of town.
(d) The ministers.
5. Who is described as a/an "intolerant brood?"
(a) The Dutch.
(b) The governor's family.
(c) The Puritans.
(d) The Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the shape of the hats worn in the "throng"?
2. How many years after the founding of Boston does Chapter 1 take place?
3. Which character is described as having a "wildflower prettiness?"
4. What is Hester delivering to the governor's house when she goes there in Chapter 7?
5. What is the title of the first chapter?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)