|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the doctor gives Hester something to drink, what does she think is in the cup?
(b) A truth serum.
2. What does Pearl desperately desire from the governor's garden?
(a) A cabbage.
(b) A tulip.
(c) A rose.
(d) A pumpkin.
3. Who thinks that Hester's punishment/sentence is too light?
(a) The men of town.
(b) The women of town.
(c) The children of town.
(d) The ministers.
4. This preface is the preface to which edition of the novel?
(a) The first.
(b) The fourth.
(c) The third.
(d) The second.
5. Which minister in the book has "a border of grizzled locks beneath his skull-cap" and gray eyes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What symbol of the United States hands in front of the Custom-House?
2. One person suggest that Hester should have an iron brand burned where?
3. Hawthorne writes of his surprise and what in the first lines of the preface?
4. What color is the thread that embroiders the scarlet letter?
5. Who is named as Hester's pastor in Chapter 2?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)