|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One person suggest that Hester should have an iron brand burned where?
(a) On her forehead.
(b) On her chest.
(c) On the palms of her hands.
(d) On her cheek.
2. Who is to wear the thing Hester is delivering to the governor's house?
(a) The governor himself.
(b) The governor's daughter.
(c) The governor's servants.
(d) The governor's wife.
3. How old is the baby in Hester's arms when we first see her?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three days.
(c) A week.
(d) Three months.
4. What street runs outside the Custom-House?
(a) Salem Road.
(b) Main Street.
(c) Derby Street.
(d) High Street.
5. Who was the father of the Custom-House?
(a) Uncle Sam.
(b) Hawthorne's grandfather.
(c) The permanent Inspector.
(d) General Miller.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hawthorne writes of his surprise and what in the first lines of the preface?
2. Whose voice is "tremulously sweet, rich, deep and broken?"
3. Hawthorne calls the Custom House a...?
4. What quiets Pearl in this when she wants something from the governor's garden?
5. Where is Hester when she and Pearl are examined by the doctor?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)