|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The earliest parts of the colony had been the jail and what other location?
(a) The schoolhouse.
(b) The governor's mansion.
(c) The church.
(d) The cemetery.
2. Where was Hester's "happy infancy and stainless maidenhood?"
(a) Bustling London.
(c) Rural England.
3. What are the two non-Puritan sects mentioned in this Chapter 2?
(a) Antimonian, Quaker, and Catholic.
(b) Antimonian and Quaker.
(c) Shaker and Quaker.
(d) Quaker and Catholic.
4. Whose voice is "tremulously sweet, rich, deep and broken?"
5. Who is described as a/an "intolerant brood?"
(a) The Puritans.
(b) The Indians.
(c) The governor's family.
(d) The Dutch.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the former queen of England, Elizabeth I?
2. How many years after the founding of Boston does Chapter 1 take place?
3. What prominent wild plant grows just outside the door to the jail?
4. Who, in Chapter 5, is referred to as "the figure, the body, the reality of sin?"
5. What distinguishes the men in the "throng" at the beginning of thChapter 1?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)