|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose name does the doctor want Hester to reveal?
(a) The name of her lover.
(b) The name of her child.
(c) The name of the witch.
(d) The name of her husband.
2. Who is named as Hester's pastor in Chapter 2?
(a) Reverand Hawthorne.
(b) No pastor is named.
(c) Reverend Dimmesdale.
(d) Reverand Wilson.
3. The earliest parts of the colony had been the jail and what other location?
(a) The church.
(b) The schoolhouse.
(c) The governor's mansion.
(d) The cemetery.
4. Which character is described as having a "wildflower prettiness?"
5. Whose widow is Mistress Hibbins?
(a) The governor's.
(b) The minister's.
(c) The magistrate's.
(d) The narrator's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Against whom is Hawthorne alleged to harbor a "peculiar malevolence"?
2. Hester's work is seen everywhere with the exception of:
3. What are the spikes on the door to the jail made of?
4. Which plant is NOT mentioned in Chapter 1?
5. Hawthorne calls the Custom House a...?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)