|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what moniker does Hawthorne name the Custom-House building itself?
(a) Venerated Palace.
(b) Old Manse.
(c) Regal Apartment.
(d) Big House.
2. What color is Hester's hair?
3. To whom does this description refer: "a seemingly careless arrangement of his heterogeneous garb"?
4. What is the shape of the hats worn in the "throng"?
5. Hawthorne calls the Custom House a...?
(a) Sketch of official life.
(b) Picture of the colony.
(c) Portrait of the Puritans.
(d) Sketch of old-time Salem.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which political party does Hawthorne belong?
2. Salem is characterized currently as....?
3. What is the title of the first chapter?
4. The title of Chapter 4, "The Interview," refers to the meeting between which two characters?
5. What is the subtitle of "The Custom-House"?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)