|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The title of Chapter 4, "The Interview," refers to the meeting between which two characters?
(a) Hester and Dimmesdale.
(b) Chillingworth and Dimmesdale.
(c) Chillingworth and Bellingham.
(d) Hester and Chillingworth.
2. How does the narrator describe the former queen of England, Elizabeth I?
3. Who is Hester's legal husband?
4. What distinguishes the men in the "throng" at the beginning of thChapter 1?
(a) They are bald.
(b) They are ministers.
(c) They are fat.
(d) They are bearded.
5. In which year was this preface written?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hawthorne describe the historic Salem of years ago?
2. Who thinks that Hester's punishment/sentence is too light?
3. The following description of clothing belongs to which community leader: "a dark feather in his hat, a border of embroidery on his cloak, and a black velvet tunic beneath"?
4. What color is Hester's hair?
5. What are the two non-Puritan sects mentioned in this Chapter 2?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)