|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose widow is Mistress Hibbins?
(a) The magistrate's.
(b) The narrator's.
(c) The governor's.
(d) The minister's.
2. Whose name does the doctor want Hester to reveal?
(a) The name of her child.
(b) The name of her husband.
(c) The name of the witch.
(d) The name of her lover.
3. How old is the baby in Hester's arms when we first see her?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three days.
(c) A week.
(d) Three months.
4. Who is named as Hester's pastor in Chapter 2?
(a) Reverand Wilson.
(b) Reverend Dimmesdale.
(c) Reverand Hawthorne.
(d) No pastor is named.
5. When the doctor gives Hester something to drink, what does she think is in the cup?
(d) A truth serum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hawthorne refuse to change what he has written?
2. The "public disapprobation" refers to...?
3. The tone of this preface is best described as...
4. What is the title of Chapter 3?
5. Who is Hester's legal husband?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)