|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does this description refer: "a seemingly careless arrangement of his heterogeneous garb"?
2. The title of Chapter 4, "The Interview," refers to the meeting between which two characters?
(a) Chillingworth and Bellingham.
(b) Hester and Dimmesdale.
(c) Chillingworth and Dimmesdale.
(d) Hester and Chillingworth.
3. What is the shape of the hats worn in the "throng"?
4. The following description of clothing belongs to which community leader: "a dark feather in his hat, a border of embroidery on his cloak, and a black velvet tunic beneath"?
5. What symbol of the United States hands in front of the Custom-House?
(a) An eagle.
(b) Apple pie.
(c) Uncle Sam.
(d) The stars and stripes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hawthorne refuse to change what he has written?
2. What prominent wild plant grows just outside the door to the jail?
3. In which year was this preface written?
4. When the doctor gives Hester something to drink, what does she think is in the cup?
5. What was the door to the jail made of?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)