|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which part of The Scarlet Letter does this preface specifically refer to?
(a) The climax.
(b) "The New England Holiday,"
(c) The denouement.
(d) "The Custom-House."
2. Against whom is Hawthorne alleged to harbor a "peculiar malevolence"?
(a) The Custom's Inspector.
(b) Hester Prynne.
(c) His editor.
(d) The Governot.
3. What are the spikes on the door to the jail made of?
4. By what moniker does Hawthorne name the Custom-House building itself?
(a) Regal Apartment.
(b) Big House.
(c) Old Manse.
(d) Venerated Palace.
5. What color is Hester's hair?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which plant is NOT mentioned in Chapter 1?
2. Who is Hester's legal husband?
3. Chose which of the following best describes the tone in the last sentence of Chapter 1?
4. In what point of view is "The Custom House" written?
5. Whose widow is Mistress Hibbins?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)