|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what moniker does Hawthorne name the Custom-House building itself?
(a) Regal Apartment.
(b) Venerated Palace.
(c) Big House.
(d) Old Manse.
2. One person suggest that Hester should have an iron brand burned where?
(a) On her chest.
(b) On her cheek.
(c) On the palms of her hands.
(d) On her forehead.
3. Who is named as Hester's pastor in Chapter 2?
(a) Reverand Wilson.
(b) No pastor is named.
(c) Reverand Hawthorne.
(d) Reverend Dimmesdale.
4. Against whom is Hawthorne alleged to harbor a "peculiar malevolence"?
(a) The Governot.
(b) The Custom's Inspector.
(c) Hester Prynne.
(d) His editor.
5. Which plant is NOT mentioned in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the thread that embroiders the scarlet letter?
2. Who was the father of the Custom-House?
3. Which political party does Hawthorne belong?
4. From which city is this preface written?
5. What does Hawthorne find in a "mysterious package" in the Custom-House?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)