|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what point of view is "The Custom House" written?
(b) Third person, omniscient.
(d) Third person, limited.
2. Who thinks that Hester's punishment/sentence is too light?
(a) The children of town.
(b) The men of town.
(c) The women of town.
(d) The ministers.
3. This preface is the preface to which edition of the novel?
(a) The second.
(b) The fourth.
(c) The first.
(d) The third.
4. Hawthorne surmises that if there were a Papist in the crowd, whom would Hester remind him of?
(a) Mother Theresa.
(b) The pope.
(c) The Virgin Mary.
(d) Mary Magdalene.
5. The "public disapprobation" refers to...?
Short Answer Questions
1. One person suggest that Hester should have an iron brand burned where?
2. What street runs outside the Custom-House?
3. Which plant is NOT mentioned in Chapter 1?
4. Salem is characterized currently as....?
5. Hawthorne writes of his surprise and what in the first lines of the preface?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)