|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hawthorne, the reaction could not have been more violent if...?
(a) He had kidnapped someone.
(b) He had committed adultery.
(c) He had murdered someone.
(d) He had burned down the Custom-House.
2. Which political party does Hawthorne belong?
(a) Bull Moose.
3. In which year was this preface written?
4. Who is NOT among the crowd shaming Hester?
(a) The governor.
(b) The judges.
(c) Hester's pastor.
(d) Hester's parents.
5. What are the "delicate gems" referred to at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) The ladies in the crowd.
(b) Hester's pearl necklace.
(d) The spikes on the door to the jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the door to the jail made of?
2. Whose widow is Mistress Hibbins?
3. What color is Hester's hair?
4. From which city is this preface written?
5. What is NOT one of the possible crimes mentioned in this Chapter 2, as a reason people might flock to the prison?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)