|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two non-Puritan sects mentioned in this Chapter 2?
(a) Shaker and Quaker.
(b) Quaker and Catholic.
(c) Antimonian, Quaker, and Catholic.
(d) Antimonian and Quaker.
2. Chose which of the following best describes the tone in the last sentence of Chapter 1?
3. How old is the baby in Hester's arms when we first see her?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three months.
(c) A week.
(d) Three days.
4. Which plant is NOT mentioned in Chapter 1?
5. In which year was this preface written?
Short Answer Questions
1. Salem is characterized currently as....?
2. One person suggest that Hester should have an iron brand burned where?
3. What is NOT one of the possible crimes mentioned in this Chapter 2, as a reason people might flock to the prison?
4. What is the name of the grave-yard Hawthorne mentions in his discussion of his ancestors?
5. Who thinks that Hester's punishment/sentence is too light?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)