|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the possible crimes mentioned in this Chapter 2, as a reason people might flock to the prison?
(a) Undutiful child.
(c) Religious heterodoxy.
(d) Sluggish bond servant.
2. Hawthorne writes of his surprise and what in the first lines of the preface?
3. Which plant is NOT mentioned in Chapter 1?
4. Who is NOT among the crowd shaming Hester?
(a) Hester's pastor.
(b) The judges.
(c) Hester's parents.
(d) The governor.
5. What is the shape of the hats worn in the "throng"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the "delicate gems" referred to at the end of Chapter 1?
2. Whose widow is Mistress Hibbins?
3. Chose which of the following best describes the tone in the last sentence of Chapter 1?
4. Who thinks that Hester's punishment/sentence is too light?
5. What distinguishes the men in the "throng" at the beginning of thChapter 1?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)