|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Salem is characterized currently as....?
2. What distinguishes the men in the "throng" at the beginning of thChapter 1?
(a) They are bearded.
(b) They are bald.
(c) They are fat.
(d) They are ministers.
3. Hawthorne calls the Custom House a...?
(a) Sketch of old-time Salem.
(b) Picture of the colony.
(c) Portrait of the Puritans.
(d) Sketch of official life.
4. How does the narrator describe the former queen of England, Elizabeth I?
5. What are the spikes on the door to the jail made of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the possible crimes mentioned in this Chapter 2, as a reason people might flock to the prison?
2. The "public disapprobation" refers to...?
3. One person suggest that Hester should have an iron brand burned where?
4. What symbol of the United States hands in front of the Custom-House?
5. What prominent wild plant grows just outside the door to the jail?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)