|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is with the governor when Hester visits his house to deliver something?
(a) Lee, Chillingworth, and Dimmesdale.
(b) Wilson, Dimmesdale and Chillingworth.
(c) Dimmesdale, Chillingworth and Hibbins.
(d) Wilson and Dimmesdale.
2. Where is the ship the Spanish Main sailing?
3. Which character says, ironically, "why should a wretched man, guilty, we will say, of murder, prefer to keep the dead corpse buried in his own heart, rather than fling it forth at once"?
4. What is the title of Chapter 14?
(a) The Magical Doctor.
(b) Hester and the Magician.
(c) Hester and the Physician.
(d) The Doctor and Mrs. Chillingworth.
5. Where does the minister go in the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) To the governor's.
(b) To the scaffold.
(c) To Hester's.
(d) To church.
Short Answer Questions
1. The earliest parts of the colony had been the jail and what other location?
2. What color is the thread that embroiders the scarlet letter?
3. What facial expression of Chillingworth displays his true malice, which the narrator calls "his blackness" in Chapter 14?
4. How does Hester dress her daughter?
5. What does Pearl do when Dimmesdale kisses her?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)