Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is described as having a "wildflower prettiness?"
2. What is the title of Chapter 17?
(a) The Pastor and His Parish.
(b) The Pastor and His Lover.
(c) The Pastor and the Thief.
(d) The Pastor and His Parishoner.
3. At the governor's house when the men are debating Hester's custody, what does one of them say Pearl should have been named?
(a) Pinkie, Cora or Rosa.
(b) Ruby, Scarlet or Roseanna.
(c) Scarlet, Rose or Diamond.
(d) Ruby, Coral or Red Rose.
4. Chillingworth is described as which of the following in Chapter 11?
5. What is the health problem wrong with Dimmesdale?
(a) Failing eyesight.
(c) Failing health.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the door to the jail made of?
2. Whose widow is Mistress Hibbins?
3. Why do most Puritans fast, according to the narrator?
4. What is the "pedestal of infamy?"
5. Why, according to Pearl, does sunshine "run away and hide itself" from Hester?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)