Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hester at her WHAT" is the title of Chapter 5?
(b) Wit's End.
2. What does Chillingworth say in Chapter 14 the town council has been debating?
(a) Whether to arrest Hester again.
(b) Whether to take away Pearl from Hester.
(c) Whether to exile Hester from Boston.
(d) Whether to take away the scarlet letter.
3. Who is described as a/an "intolerant brood?"
(a) The Indians.
(b) The Dutch.
(c) The Puritans.
(d) The governor's family.
4. What kind of men are rare in the colony, according to the narrator?
(b) Doctors and scientists.
5. What does Pearl desperately desire from the governor's garden?
(a) A rose.
(b) A pumpkin.
(c) A tulip.
(d) A cabbage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the father of the Custom-House?
2. What prominent wild plant grows just outside the door to the jail?
3. What is the health problem wrong with Dimmesdale?
4. What is one of Chillingworth's distinguishing physical features?
5. What, according to many of the townspeople who have come to appreciate Hester, should the A stand for?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)