|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the baby in Hester's arms when we first see her?
(a) Six months.
(b) A week.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three months.
2. Which man in at the governor's argues that Hester should be allowed to keep Pearl?
3. What is one of Chillingworth's distinguishing physical features?
(a) He is missing most of the toes on his left foot.
(b) One of his shoulders is higher than the other.
(c) His left eye droops.
(d) He is lame in his right leg.
4. "Hester at her WHAT" is the title of Chapter 5?
(c) Wit's End.
5. Whose voice is "tremulously sweet, rich, deep and broken?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What symbol of the United States hands in front of the Custom-House?
2. What is the title of the first chapter?
3. Who, in Chapter 5, is referred to as "the figure, the body, the reality of sin?"
4. What is NOT one of the possible crimes mentioned in this Chapter 2, as a reason people might flock to the prison?
5. Who is with the governor when Hester visits his house to deliver something?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)