|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chose which of the following best describes the tone in the last sentence of Chapter 1?
2. How does Hester dress her daughter?
(a) In "rustic weeds."
(b) In the "richest tissue."
(c) In "paler loveliness."
(d) In "infinite variety."
3. Who thinks that Hester's punishment/sentence is too light?
(a) The children of town.
(b) The women of town.
(c) The men of town.
(d) The ministers.
4. What is the title of Chapter 3?
(a) The Recognition.
(b) The Resistance.
(c) The Meeting.
(d) The Recognizance.
5. One person suggest that Hester should have an iron brand burned where?
(a) On her forehead.
(b) On her cheek.
(c) On her chest.
(d) On the palms of her hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what point of view is "The Custom House" written?
2. By what moniker does Hawthorne name the Custom-House building itself?
3. What is one of Chillingworth's distinguishing physical features?
4. What is the shape of the hats worn in the "throng"?
5. Who, in Chapter 5, is referred to as "the figure, the body, the reality of sin?"
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)