|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the doctor gives Hester something to drink, what does she think is in the cup?
(c) A truth serum.
2. Who is mentioned in Chapter 13 as a "foundress of a religious sect?"
(d) Mother Theresa.
3. What facial expression of Chillingworth displays his true malice, which the narrator calls "his blackness" in Chapter 14?
(a) A shrug.
(b) A smile.
(c) A grimace.
(d) A wink.
4. What is the title of Chapter 3?
(a) The Recognition.
(b) The Recognizance.
(c) The Meeting.
(d) The Resistance.
5. The earliest parts of the colony had been the jail and what other location?
(a) The cemetery.
(b) The governor's mansion.
(c) The schoolhouse.
(d) The church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the ship the Spanish Main sailing?
2. Which plant is NOT mentioned in Chapter 1?
3. Which one of the following descriptions does not apply to Pearl?
4. What does Hester threaten to do at the end of Chapter 14?
5. Where was Reverend Dimmesdale trained in religion?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)