|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the door to the jail made of?
2. What is the title of the first chapter?
(a) The Prison-Door.
(b) Gaol-Door Rock.
(c) The Prison Rose.
3. Where have Hester and Dimmesdale decided would be the best place to escape to?
(a) The American South.
(c) An Indian settlement.
4. What is the title of Chapter 17?
(a) The Pastor and the Thief.
(b) The Pastor and His Parish.
(c) The Pastor and His Parishoner.
(d) The Pastor and His Lover.
5. Which political party does Hawthorne belong?
(b) Bull Moose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character seeks to make him or herself "the one trusted friend, to whom should be confided all the fear"?
2. Which field had Bellingham trained for/been educated in?
3. In Chapter 19, how does Dimmesdale say Pearl looks?
4. What is the title of Chapter 14?
5. Hester says that Pearl is "strange" and what at first?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)