|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which field had Bellingham trained for/been educated in?
2. According to the narrator, what is the first thing that Pearl noticed, as a baby?
(a) Hester's long black hair.
(c) The scarlet letter.
(d) Her own curls.
3. Salem is characterized currently as....?
4. Where have Hester and Dimmesdale decided would be the best place to escape to?
(a) An Indian settlement.
(c) The American South.
5. What is Hester delivering to the governor's house when she goes there in Chapter 7?
(c) A scarf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the father of the Custom-House?
2. What does Pearl do when Dimmesdale kisses her?
3. Who is mentioned in Chapter 13 as a "foundress of a religious sect?"
4. How many years have passed so far in this novel, in Chapter 13?
5. What is the "pedestal of infamy?"
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)