|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the shape of the hats worn in the "throng"?
2. The title of Chapter 4, "The Interview," refers to the meeting between which two characters?
(a) Chillingworth and Bellingham.
(b) Chillingworth and Dimmesdale.
(c) Hester and Chillingworth.
(d) Hester and Dimmesdale.
3. How does Hawthorne metaphorically refer to the United States government in "The Custom House"?
(a) The golden eagle.
(b) Uncle Sam.
(c) Big brother.
4. Salem is characterized currently as....?
5. What is the title of Chapter 17?
(a) The Pastor and His Lover.
(b) The Pastor and His Parishoner.
(c) The Pastor and the Thief.
(d) The Pastor and His Parish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where have Hester and Dimmesdale decided would be the best place to escape to?
2. What are the spikes on the door to the jail made of?
3. In Chapter 19, how does Dimmesdale say Pearl looks?
4. Chillingworth has a degree from a university in which country?
5. What is Hester delivering to the governor's house when she goes there in Chapter 7?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)