|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While his health is failing, Dimmesdale has achieved what in his profession?
(a) "Sanctimonius reputation."
(b) "Sturdier texture."
(c) "Brillant popularity."
(d) "Populist ire."
2. Who is mentioned in Chapter 13 as a "foundress of a religious sect?"
(c) Mother Theresa.
3. Who retrieves the object that Hester flings away?
(b) No one.
4. According to the narrator, what is the first thing that Pearl noticed, as a baby?
(a) Hester's long black hair.
(b) Her own curls.
(c) The scarlet letter.
5. How many years after the founding of Boston does Chapter 1 take place?
(a) Approximately 50 or 60.
(b) Approximately 15 or 20.
(c) Approximately 90 or 100.
(d) Approximately 150 or more.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which plant is NOT mentioned in Chapter 1?
2. In Chapter 19, how does Dimmesdale say Pearl looks?
3. Whose name does the doctor want Hester to reveal?
4. Who is Hester's legal husband?
5. Who is the patient referred to in the title of Chapter 10?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)