|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is said to haunt the forest outside town, carrying a big, heavy book with him?
(a) The Black Man.
(b) The Dark Man.
(c) The Evil Man.
(d) The Dark Reverend.
2. What is one of Chillingworth's distinguishing physical features?
(a) His left eye droops.
(b) One of his shoulders is higher than the other.
(c) He is lame in his right leg.
(d) He is missing most of the toes on his left foot.
3. According to Dimmesdale, Chillingworth's revenge has been "____ than [his] sin"?
4. Which character is described as having a "wildflower prettiness?"
5. Where is Hester when she and Pearl are examined by the doctor?
(a) In church.
(b) At the governor's mansion.
(c) In jail.
(d) At the doctor's office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chillingworth is described as which of the following in Chapter 11?
2. What street runs outside the Custom-House?
3. What does Hester threaten to do at the end of Chapter 14?
4. What does Dimmesdale tell Chillingworth while he is writing the sermon is Chapter 20?
5. Where was Reverend Dimmesdale trained in religion?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)