|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What facial expression of Chillingworth displays his true malice, which the narrator calls "his blackness" in Chapter 14?
(a) A wink.
(b) A smile.
(c) A shrug.
(d) A grimace.
2. Salem is characterized currently as....?
3. What describes Dimmesdale's hand, when Hester touches it?
(c) "Chill as death."
(d) "Cold as ice. "
4. What street runs outside the Custom-House?
(a) Salem Road.
(b) Main Street.
(c) Derby Street.
(d) High Street.
5. Hester says that Pearl is "strange" and what at first?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years after the founding of Boston does Chapter 1 take place?
2. Why will Pearl not come to Hester in Chapter 19?
3. How many years have passed so far in this novel, in Chapter 13?
4. What does Pearl desperately desire from the governor's garden?
5. Whom does Dimmesdale set out to meet?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)