|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The earliest parts of the colony had been the jail and what other location?
(a) The cemetery.
(b) The governor's mansion.
(c) The church.
(d) The schoolhouse.
2. Which character is described as having a "wildflower prettiness?"
3. Who is the patient referred to in the title of Chapter 10?
4. Chose which of the following best describes the tone in the last sentence of Chapter 1?
5. What does Dimmesdale tell Chillingworth while he is writing the sermon is Chapter 20?
(a) That he knows Chillingworth's true identity.
(b) That he knows who Hester's lover is.
(c) That he is feeling close to death.
(d) That he no longer needs his services as doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hester in Chapter 16, where does she tell Pearl she got the scarlet letter?
2. When Hester exclaims "better he had died at once!," to whom is she referring in Chapter 14?
3. Which character seeks to make him or herself "the one trusted friend, to whom should be confided all the fear"?
4. What kind of men are rare in the colony, according to the narrator?
5. Whom do Dimmesdale and Chillingworth see out the window at the end of Chapter 10?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)