|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the health problem wrong with Dimmesdale?
(b) Failing eyesight.
(c) Failing health.
2. What is the subtitle of "The Custom-House"?
(a) Introductory to <i>The Scarlet Letter</i>.
(b) A Preface.
(c) A Novel of Morals.
(d) A Play in Four Acts.
3. Why will Pearl not come to Hester in Chapter 19?
(a) She has taken off the letter.
(b) She is angry at her mother.
(c) She is talking with a man.
(d) She is across the brook.
4. In what point of view is "The Custom House" written?
(c) Third person, limited.
(d) Third person, omniscient.
5. The title of Chapter 9 ("The Leech") refers to which character?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hester delivering to the governor's house when she goes there in Chapter 7?
2. When the doctor gives Hester something to drink, what does she think is in the cup?
3. What metal is the previously mentioned book and pen associated with?
4. What, according to many of the townspeople who have come to appreciate Hester, should the A stand for?
5. What is the title of Chapter 20?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)