|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Hester when she and Pearl are examined by the doctor?
(a) In jail.
(b) At the doctor's office.
(c) At the governor's mansion.
(d) In church.
2. Where are Dimmesdale's parents?
(a) In England.
(c) In Salem.
(d) In Boston.
3. Who is mentioned in Chapter 13 as a "foundress of a religious sect?"
(c) Mother Theresa.
4. What is the title of the first chapter?
(a) The Prison Rose.
(c) Gaol-Door Rock.
(d) The Prison-Door.
5. Hester says that Pearl is "strange" and what at first?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hester in Chapter 16, where does she tell Pearl she got the scarlet letter?
2. What does Hawthorne find in a "mysterious package" in the Custom-House?
3. What kind of men are rare in the colony, according to the narrator?
4. What is the title of Chapter 20?
5. What adjective best characterizes the governor's house?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)