|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Hester decide to seek out for a meeting at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her confessor.
(c) Her (former) husband.
(d) Her lover.
2. What does Pearl desperately desire from the governor's garden?
(a) A cabbage.
(b) A pumpkin.
(c) A tulip.
(d) A rose.
3. What is the subtitle of "The Custom-House"?
(a) Introductory to The Scarlet Letter.
(b) A Preface.
(c) A Play in Four Acts.
(d) A Novel of Morals.
4. Chillingworth has a degree from a university in which country?
5. Where is the ship the Spanish Main sailing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Reverend Dimmesdale trained in religion?
2. What is Hester delivering to the governor's house when she goes there in Chapter 7?
3. In what month does Chapter 1 take place?
4. How does Hester dress her daughter?
5. By what moniker does Hawthorne name the Custom-House building itself?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)