|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what point of view is "The Custom House" written?
(a) Third person, omniscient.
(b) Third person, limited.
2. What does Pearl desperately desire from the governor's garden?
(a) A tulip.
(b) A cabbage.
(c) A pumpkin.
(d) A rose.
3. Which character seeks to make him or herself "the one trusted friend, to whom should be confided all the fear"?
4. What kind of men are rare in the colony, according to the narrator?
(b) Doctors and scientists.
5. What is the title of Chapter 20?
(a) "The Minister in the Mirror."
(b) "The Mysterious Minister."
(c) "The Minister in the Middle."
(d) "The Minister in a Maze."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 14?
2. The title of Chapter 4, "The Interview," refers to the meeting between which two characters?
3. How does Hawthorne metaphorically refer to the United States government in "The Custom House"?
4. What symbol of the United States hands in front of the Custom-House?
5. How many years after the founding of Boston does Chapter 1 take place?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)