|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 20?
(a) "The Minister in a Maze."
(b) "The Minister in the Mirror."
(c) "The Minister in the Middle."
(d) "The Mysterious Minister."
2. Where does Chillingworth take up residence?
(a) At the Governor's.
(b) With Mistress Hibbins.
(c) In the same rooming house as Dimmesdale.
(d) With Dimmesdale, at the rectory.
3. Who is to wear the thing Hester is delivering to the governor's house?
(a) The governor himself.
(b) The governor's wife.
(c) The governor's servants.
(d) The governor's daughter.
4. How does Hawthorne describe the historic Salem of years ago?
(a) A dour harbor.
(b) A sad sailing town.
(c) A busy metropolis.
(d) A bustling port.
5. Chillingworth is described as which of the following in Chapter 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Hester when she and Pearl are examined by the doctor?
2. Whom does Dimmesdale set out to meet?
3. Which description does not apply to Dimmesdale?
4. What does Hester threaten to do at the end of Chapter 14?
5. When Pearl will not cross the brook, what does Hester tell her she can leap like?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)