|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described as a/an "intolerant brood?"
(a) The Puritans.
(b) The Indians.
(c) The Dutch.
(d) The governor's family.
2. Who is mentioned in Chapter 13 as a "foundress of a religious sect?"
(b) Mother Theresa.
3. According to Hester in Chapter 16, where does she tell Pearl she got the scarlet letter?
(a) From the Dark Reverend.
(b) From the Black Man.
(c) From Mistress Hibbins.
(d) From the Dark Man.
4. Whom does Hester decide to seek out for a meeting at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her lover.
(c) Her confessor.
(d) Her (former) husband.
5. Which plant is NOT mentioned in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hester mean when she says "Thou shalt not go alone" at the end of Chapter 17?
2. The title of Chapter 4, "The Interview," refers to the meeting between which two characters?
3. What is the title of Chapter 3?
4. What describes Dimmesdale's hand, when Hester touches it?
5. What does Pearl desperately desire from the governor's garden?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)