|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described as a/an "intolerant brood?"
(a) The Dutch.
(b) The Indians.
(c) The governor's family.
(d) The Puritans.
2. What is the name of the grave-yard Hawthorne mentions in his discussion of his ancestors?
(a) Town Cemetery.
(b) Salem Cemetery.
(c) Charter Street burial-ground.
(d) Old Church burial-ground.
3. Which political party does Hawthorne belong?
(c) Bull Moose.
4. Whose name does the doctor want Hester to reveal?
(a) The name of her husband.
(b) The name of her lover.
(c) The name of the witch.
(d) The name of her child.
5. What does Hawthorne find in a "mysterious package" in the Custom-House?
(a) Dimmesdale's diary.
(b) The scarlet letter.
(c) A painting of Hester and Pearl.
(d) Hester's diary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chose which of the following best describes the tone in the last sentence of Chapter 1?
2. What symbol of the United States hands in front of the Custom-House?
3. Salem is characterized currently as....?
4. What are the spikes on the door to the jail made of?
5. The earliest parts of the colony had been the jail and what other location?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)