|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The following description of clothing belongs to which community leader: "a dark feather in his hat, a border of embroidery on his cloak, and a black velvet tunic beneath"?
2. Which political party does Hawthorne belong?
(a) Bull Moose.
3. Who was the father of the Custom-House?
(a) Uncle Sam.
(b) Hawthorne's grandfather.
(c) The permanent Inspector.
(d) General Miller.
4. Chapter 6 is named after which character?
5. What are the spikes on the door to the jail made of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following descriptions does not apply to Pearl?
2. How does Hester dress her daughter?
3. By what moniker does Hawthorne name the Custom-House building itself?
4. What is the name of the grave-yard Hawthorne mentions in his discussion of his ancestors?
5. What is the "pedestal of infamy?"
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)