|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Hester when she and Pearl are examined by the doctor?
(a) At the doctor's office.
(b) At the governor's mansion.
(c) In jail.
(d) In church.
2. Who is Hester's legal husband?
3. What are the "delicate gems" referred to at the end of Chapter 1?
(b) The spikes on the door to the jail.
(c) Hester's pearl necklace.
(d) The ladies in the crowd.
4. What does Hawthorne find in a "mysterious package" in the Custom-House?
(a) A painting of Hester and Pearl.
(b) Dimmesdale's diary.
(c) The scarlet letter.
(d) Hester's diary.
5. To whom does this description refer: "a seemingly careless arrangement of his heterogeneous garb"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the shape of the hats worn in the "throng"?
2. In what point of view is "The Custom House" written?
3. Chose which of the following best describes the tone in the last sentence of Chapter 1?
4. The earliest parts of the colony had been the jail and what other location?
5. What are the spikes on the door to the jail made of?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)