|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "pedestal of infamy?"
(a) The altar.
(b) The scaffold.
(c) The steeple.
(d) The governor's mantle.
2. What distinguishes the men in the "throng" at the beginning of thChapter 1?
(a) They are bald.
(b) They are bearded.
(c) They are fat.
(d) They are ministers.
3. What was the door to the jail made of?
4. How many years after the founding of Boston does Chapter 1 take place?
(a) Approximately 90 or 100.
(b) Approximately 150 or more.
(c) Approximately 50 or 60.
(d) Approximately 15 or 20.
5. What is the title of Chapter 3?
(a) The Recognizance.
(b) The Resistance.
(c) The Recognition.
(d) The Meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which political party does Hawthorne belong?
2. How does Hester dress her daughter?
3. According to the narrator, what is the first thing that Pearl noticed, as a baby?
4. Whose voice is "tremulously sweet, rich, deep and broken?"
5. The following description of clothing belongs to which community leader: "a dark feather in his hat, a border of embroidery on his cloak, and a black velvet tunic beneath"?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)