|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the grave-yard Hawthorne mentions in his discussion of his ancestors?
(a) Charter Street burial-ground.
(b) Old Church burial-ground.
(c) Salem Cemetery.
(d) Town Cemetery.
2. Which political party does Hawthorne belong?
(a) Bull Moose.
3. Which plant is NOT mentioned in Chapter 1?
4. Chose which of the following best describes the tone in the last sentence of Chapter 1?
5. Salem is characterized currently as....?
Short Answer Questions
1. The title of Chapter 4, "The Interview," refers to the meeting between which two characters?
2. In what month does Chapter 1 take place?
3. Who was the father of the Custom-House?
4. When the doctor gives Hester something to drink, what does she think is in the cup?
5. Whose name does the doctor want Hester to reveal?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)