|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which plant is NOT mentioned in Chapter 1?
2. Whose voice is "tremulously sweet, rich, deep and broken?"
3. What is one of Chillingworth's distinguishing physical features?
(a) His left eye droops.
(b) He is missing most of the toes on his left foot.
(c) He is lame in his right leg.
(d) One of his shoulders is higher than the other.
4. Salem is characterized currently as....?
5. What is the subtitle of "The Custom-House"?
(a) Introductory to The Scarlet Letter.
(b) A Novel of Morals.
(c) A Preface.
(d) A Play in Four Acts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chose which of the following best describes the tone in the last sentence of Chapter 1?
2. What are the "delicate gems" referred to at the end of Chapter 1?
3. To whom does this description refer: "a seemingly careless arrangement of his heterogeneous garb"?
4. Which minister in the book has "a border of grizzled locks beneath his skull-cap" and gray eyes?
5. Which character is described as having a "wildflower prettiness?"
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)