|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following descriptions does not apply to Pearl?
(a) "sole treasure"
(b) "airy sprite"
(c) "beautiful munchkin"
(d) "little elf"
2. Whose name does the doctor want Hester to reveal?
(a) The name of the witch.
(b) The name of her lover.
(c) The name of her husband.
(d) The name of her child.
3. Chapter 6 is named after which character?
4. What prominent wild plant grows just outside the door to the jail?
(a) A rose bush.
(b) A weeping willow.
5. The following description of clothing belongs to which community leader: "a dark feather in his hat, a border of embroidery on his cloak, and a black velvet tunic beneath"?
Short Answer Questions
1. The earliest parts of the colony had been the jail and what other location?
2. Who was the father of the Custom-House?
3. What is the title of Chapter 3?
4. The title of Chapter 4, "The Interview," refers to the meeting between which two characters?
5. How does Hawthorne metaphorically refer to the United States government in "The Custom House"?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)