|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Salem is characterized currently as....?
2. The title of Chapter 4, "The Interview," refers to the meeting between which two characters?
(a) Hester and Chillingworth.
(b) Chillingworth and Dimmesdale.
(c) Chillingworth and Bellingham.
(d) Hester and Dimmesdale.
3. Chose which of the following best describes the tone in the last sentence of Chapter 1?
4. What street runs outside the Custom-House?
(a) Derby Street.
(b) Salem Road.
(c) High Street.
(d) Main Street.
5. What distinguishes the men in the "throng" at the beginning of thChapter 1?
(a) They are bald.
(b) They are ministers.
(c) They are bearded.
(d) They are fat.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, what is the first thing that Pearl noticed, as a baby?
2. What is one of Chillingworth's distinguishing physical features?
3. Which minister in the book has "a border of grizzled locks beneath his skull-cap" and gray eyes?
4. Which one of the following descriptions does not apply to Pearl?
5. When the doctor gives Hester something to drink, what does she think is in the cup?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)