|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which political party does Hawthorne belong?
(a) Bull Moose.
2. Who was the father of the Custom-House?
(a) Hawthorne's grandfather.
(b) The permanent Inspector.
(c) Uncle Sam.
(d) General Miller.
3. What street runs outside the Custom-House?
(a) Salem Road.
(b) High Street.
(c) Main Street.
(d) Derby Street.
4. In what month does Chapter 1 take place?
5. How many years after the founding of Boston does Chapter 1 take place?
(a) Approximately 50 or 60.
(b) Approximately 15 or 20.
(c) Approximately 90 or 100.
(d) Approximately 150 or more.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what point of view is "The Custom House" written?
2. What is the "pedestal of infamy?"
3. Which character is described as having a "wildflower prettiness?"
4. What prominent wild plant grows just outside the door to the jail?
5. What symbol of the United States hands in front of the Custom-House?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)