|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The earliest parts of the colony had been the jail and what other location?
(a) The cemetery.
(b) The schoolhouse.
(c) The church.
(d) The governor's mansion.
2. Which one of the following descriptions does not apply to Pearl?
(a) "beautiful munchkin"
(b) "sole treasure"
(c) "airy sprite"
(d) "little elf"
3. According to the narrator, what is the first thing that Pearl noticed, as a baby?
(a) Her own curls.
(b) Hester's long black hair.
(d) The scarlet letter.
4. Who is described as a/an "intolerant brood?"
(a) The Puritans.
(b) The Indians.
(c) The governor's family.
(d) The Dutch.
5. Where is Hester when she and Pearl are examined by the doctor?
(a) At the doctor's office.
(b) At the governor's mansion.
(c) In jail.
(d) In church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prominent wild plant grows just outside the door to the jail?
2. Which character is described as having a "wildflower prettiness?"
3. What are the "delicate gems" referred to at the end of Chapter 1?
4. Chose which of the following best describes the tone in the last sentence of Chapter 1?
5. Which minister in the book has "a border of grizzled locks beneath his skull-cap" and gray eyes?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)