|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Salem is characterized currently as....?
2. What are the spikes on the door to the jail made of?
3. When the doctor gives Hester something to drink, what does she think is in the cup?
(a) A truth serum.
4. Who is Hester's legal husband?
5. In what point of view is "The Custom House" written?
(b) Third person, limited.
(c) Third person, omniscient.
Short Answer Questions
1. The following description of clothing belongs to which community leader: "a dark feather in his hat, a border of embroidery on his cloak, and a black velvet tunic beneath"?
2. Who is described as a/an "intolerant brood?"
3. What street runs outside the Custom-House?
4. What is the title of the first chapter?
5. What was the door to the jail made of?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)