|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the shape of the hats worn in the "throng"?
2. By what moniker does Hawthorne name the Custom-House building itself?
(a) Big House.
(b) Venerated Palace.
(c) Regal Apartment.
(d) Old Manse.
3. Chose which of the following best describes the tone in the last sentence of Chapter 1?
4. How does Hester dress her daughter?
(a) In "infinite variety."
(b) In "rustic weeds."
(c) In "paler loveliness."
(d) In the "richest tissue."
5. The following description of clothing belongs to which community leader: "a dark feather in his hat, a border of embroidery on his cloak, and a black velvet tunic beneath"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the door to the jail made of?
2. In what month does Chapter 1 take place?
3. What is the subtitle of "The Custom-House"?
4. What is the title of Chapter 3?
5. Which political party does Hawthorne belong?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)