|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What street runs outside the Custom-House?
(a) Main Street.
(b) Derby Street.
(c) High Street.
(d) Salem Road.
2. Salem is characterized currently as....?
3. What is the shape of the hats worn in the "throng"?
4. What are the spikes on the door to the jail made of?
5. Who is Hester's legal husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does Chapter 1 take place?
2. What does Hawthorne find in a "mysterious package" in the Custom-House?
3. How does Hawthorne metaphorically refer to the United States government in "The Custom House"?
4. What prominent wild plant grows just outside the door to the jail?
5. What is the "pedestal of infamy?"
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)