Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pearl desperately desire from the governor's garden?
(a) A tulip.
(b) A pumpkin.
(c) A cabbage.
(d) A rose.
2. What does Hester mean when she says "Thou shalt not go alone" at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) That she will send Pearl with Dimmesdale.
(b) That Dimmesdale should not leave.
(c) That Chillingworth will follow Dimmesdale.
(d) That she will run away with Dimmesdale.
3. Where does Chillingworth take up residence?
(a) At the Governor's.
(b) In the same rooming house as Dimmesdale.
(c) With Dimmesdale, at the rectory.
(d) With Mistress Hibbins.
4. Where are Dimmesdale's parents?
(a) In England.
(b) In Boston.
(d) In Salem.
5. Which character says, ironically, "why should a wretched man, guilty, we will say, of murder, prefer to keep the dead corpse buried in his own heart, rather than fling it forth at once"?
Short Answer Questions
1. The earliest parts of the colony had been the jail and what other location?
2. What is one of Chillingworth's distinguishing physical features?
3. How many years have passed so far in this novel, in Chapter 13?
4. Which character is described as having a "wildflower prettiness?"
5. What is the title of Chapter 17?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)