Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years after the founding of Boston does Chapter 1 take place?
(a) Approximately 150 or more.
(b) Approximately 50 or 60.
(c) Approximately 90 or 100.
(d) Approximately 15 or 20.
2. Whose name does the doctor want Hester to reveal?
(a) The name of her lover.
(b) The name of her child.
(c) The name of her husband.
(d) The name of the witch.
3. In what month does Chapter 1 take place?
4. Chose which of the following best describes the tone in the last sentence of Chapter 1?
5. Chapter 6 is named after which character?
Short Answer Questions
1. By what moniker does Hawthorne name the Custom-House building itself?
2. Who was the father of the Custom-House?
3. To whom does this description refer: "a seemingly careless arrangement of his heterogeneous garb"?
4. What are the spikes on the door to the jail made of?
5. The title of Chapter 4, "The Interview," refers to the meeting between which two characters?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)