|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which plant is NOT mentioned in Chapter 1?
2. The following description of someone's eyes in Chapter 10 refers to which character: "burning blue and ominous, like the reflection of a furnace....like one of those gleams of ghastly fire"?
3. What does Pearl desperately desire from the governor's garden?
(a) A tulip.
(b) A cabbage.
(c) A rose.
(d) A pumpkin.
4. What quiets Pearl in this when she wants something from the governor's garden?
(a) The appearance of the governor.
(b) Her nanny.
(c) Her obedience to Hester.
(d) The gardener gives her what she wants.
5. What adjective best characterizes the governor's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says, ironically, "why should a wretched man, guilty, we will say, of murder, prefer to keep the dead corpse buried in his own heart, rather than fling it forth at once"?
2. Whom do Dimmesdale and Chillingworth see out the window at the end of Chapter 10?
3. Who is the patient referred to in the title of Chapter 10?
4. When the doctor gives Hester something to drink, what does she think is in the cup?
5. What is the "pedestal of infamy?"
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)