|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chose which of the following best describes the tone in the last sentence of Chapter 1?
2. Which plant is NOT mentioned in Chapter 1?
3. The following description of someone's eyes in Chapter 10 refers to which character: "burning blue and ominous, like the reflection of a furnace....like one of those gleams of ghastly fire"?
4. Who is Hester's legal husband?
5. What quiets Pearl in this when she wants something from the governor's garden?
(a) Her nanny.
(b) The appearance of the governor.
(c) The gardener gives her what she wants.
(d) Her obedience to Hester.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pearl desperately desire from the governor's garden?
2. What distinguishes the men in the "throng" at the beginning of thChapter 1?
3. What was the door to the jail made of?
4. Whose name does the doctor want Hester to reveal?
5. The earliest parts of the colony had been the jail and what other location?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)