|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The following description of someone's eyes in Chapter 10 refers to which character: "burning blue and ominous, like the reflection of a furnace....like one of those gleams of ghastly fire"?
2. The earliest parts of the colony had been the jail and what other location?
(a) The cemetery.
(b) The church.
(c) The governor's mansion.
(d) The schoolhouse.
3. Which plant is NOT mentioned in Chapter 1?
4. What does Pearl desperately desire from the governor's garden?
(a) A cabbage.
(b) A pumpkin.
(c) A tulip.
(d) A rose.
5. Whose name does the doctor want Hester to reveal?
(a) The name of her lover.
(b) The name of her husband.
(c) The name of the witch.
(d) The name of her child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the spikes on the door to the jail made of?
2. Who is Hester's legal husband?
3. What is the title of the first chapter?
4. Which description does not apply to Dimmesdale?
5. How many years have passed so far in this novel, in Chapter 13?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)