|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years after the founding of Boston does Chapter 1 take place?
(a) Approximately 15 or 20.
(b) Approximately 150 or more.
(c) Approximately 50 or 60.
(d) Approximately 90 or 100.
2. Which character says, ironically, "why should a wretched man, guilty, we will say, of murder, prefer to keep the dead corpse buried in his own heart, rather than fling it forth at once"?
3. Where has Chillingworth been gathering herbs, when he is asked by the minister in Chapter 10?
(a) In the governor's garden.
(b) In a graveyard.
(c) In Hester's garden.
(d) By the seashoer.
4. Which field had Bellingham trained for/been educated in?
5. The title of Chapter 4, "The Interview," refers to the meeting between which two characters?
(a) Chillingworth and Dimmesdale.
(b) Chillingworth and Bellingham.
(c) Hester and Dimmesdale.
(d) Hester and Chillingworth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Hester decide to seek out for a meeting at the end of Chapter 13?
2. What, according to many of the townspeople who have come to appreciate Hester, should the A stand for?
3. What adjective best characterizes the governor's house?
4. Who is the patient referred to in the title of Chapter 10?
5. What, in Chapter 13, "glimmers" with an "unearthly ray"?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)