|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years after the founding of Boston does Chapter 1 take place?
(a) Approximately 90 or 100.
(b) Approximately 50 or 60.
(c) Approximately 150 or more.
(d) Approximately 15 or 20.
2. What quiets Pearl in this when she wants something from the governor's garden?
(a) Her nanny.
(b) The appearance of the governor.
(c) The gardener gives her what she wants.
(d) Her obedience to Hester.
3. Chose which of the following best describes the tone in the last sentence of Chapter 1?
4. Where has Chillingworth been gathering herbs, when he is asked by the minister in Chapter 10?
(a) In a graveyard.
(b) In Hester's garden.
(c) In the governor's garden.
(d) By the seashoer.
5. What is the title of the first chapter?
(a) Gaol-Door Rock.
(c) The Prison-Door.
(d) The Prison Rose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the door to the jail made of?
2. Whom do Dimmesdale and Chillingworth see out the window at the end of Chapter 10?
3. Who is the patient referred to in the title of Chapter 10?
4. The title of Chapter 4, "The Interview," refers to the meeting between which two characters?
5. The following description of someone's eyes in Chapter 10 refers to which character: "burning blue and ominous, like the reflection of a furnace....like one of those gleams of ghastly fire"?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)