|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the door to the jail made of?
2. Who is the patient referred to in the title of Chapter 10?
3. Which character says, ironically, "why should a wretched man, guilty, we will say, of murder, prefer to keep the dead corpse buried in his own heart, rather than fling it forth at once"?
4. What are the spikes on the door to the jail made of?
5. The title of Chapter 4, "The Interview," refers to the meeting between which two characters?
(a) Hester and Dimmesdale.
(b) Chillingworth and Bellingham.
(c) Hester and Chillingworth.
(d) Chillingworth and Dimmesdale.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hester's legal husband?
2. Whom does Hester decide to seek out for a meeting at the end of Chapter 13?
3. Which plant is NOT mentioned in Chapter 1?
4. What is the title of the first chapter?
5. What, according to many of the townspeople who have come to appreciate Hester, should the A stand for?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)