|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character says, ironically, "why should a wretched man, guilty, we will say, of murder, prefer to keep the dead corpse buried in his own heart, rather than fling it forth at once"?
2. Who is the patient referred to in the title of Chapter 10?
3. Who is to wear the thing Hester is delivering to the governor's house?
(a) The governor's daughter.
(b) The governor's wife.
(c) The governor himself.
(d) The governor's servants.
4. In what month does Chapter 1 take place?
5. What is Hester delivering to the governor's house when she goes there in Chapter 7?
(c) A scarf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the first chapter?
2. Whom do Dimmesdale and Chillingworth see out the window at the end of Chapter 10?
3. What, according to many of the townspeople who have come to appreciate Hester, should the A stand for?
4. Who is mentioned in Chapter 13 as a "foundress of a religious sect?"
5. Chose which of the following best describes the tone in the last sentence of Chapter 1?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)