|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which plant is NOT mentioned in Chapter 1?
2. In what month does Chapter 1 take place?
3. What are the spikes on the door to the jail made of?
4. The title of Chapter 4, "The Interview," refers to the meeting between which two characters?
(a) Chillingworth and Bellingham.
(b) Chillingworth and Dimmesdale.
(c) Hester and Dimmesdale.
(d) Hester and Chillingworth.
5. How many years have passed so far in this novel, in Chapter 13?
(c) Less than one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, in Chapter 13, "glimmers" with an "unearthly ray"?
2. What are the "delicate gems" referred to at the end of Chapter 1?
3. Whose name does the doctor want Hester to reveal?
4. When the doctor gives Hester something to drink, what does she think is in the cup?
5. What quiets Pearl in this when she wants something from the governor's garden?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)