|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Hester when she and Pearl are examined by the doctor?
(a) At the governor's mansion.
(b) At the doctor's office.
(c) In jail.
(d) In church.
2. What is Hester delivering to the governor's house when she goes there in Chapter 7?
(c) A scarf.
3. What is the "pedestal of infamy?"
(a) The altar.
(b) The governor's mantle.
(c) The steeple.
(d) The scaffold.
4. What are the "delicate gems" referred to at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) The ladies in the crowd.
(b) Hester's pearl necklace.
(c) The spikes on the door to the jail.
5. In what month does Chapter 1 take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What quiets Pearl in this when she wants something from the governor's garden?
2. What, in Chapter 13, "glimmers" with an "unearthly ray"?
3. What distinguishes the men in the "throng" at the beginning of thChapter 1?
4. What was the door to the jail made of?
5. How many years have passed so far in this novel, in Chapter 13?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)