|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hester delivering to the governor's house when she goes there in Chapter 7?
(b) A scarf.
2. What adjective best characterizes the governor's house?
3. What is the title of the first chapter?
(a) Gaol-Door Rock.
(b) The Prison-Door.
(c) The Prison Rose.
4. Who is mentioned in Chapter 13 as a "foundress of a religious sect?"
(a) Mother Theresa.
5. What quiets Pearl in this when she wants something from the governor's garden?
(a) The gardener gives her what she wants.
(b) The appearance of the governor.
(c) Her obedience to Hester.
(d) Her nanny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the door to the jail made of?
2. Where is Hester when she and Pearl are examined by the doctor?
3. How many years have passed so far in this novel, in Chapter 13?
4. Whom do Dimmesdale and Chillingworth see out the window at the end of Chapter 10?
5. The title of Chapter 4, "The Interview," refers to the meeting between which two characters?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)