|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chose which of the following best describes the tone in the last sentence of Chapter 1?
2. What, in Chapter 13, "glimmers" with an "unearthly ray"?
(a) The meteor/falling star.
(b) Chillingworth's malice.
(c) The scarlet letter.
(d) Pearl's eyes.
3. Where is Hester when she and Pearl are examined by the doctor?
(a) At the governor's mansion.
(b) In church.
(c) In jail.
(d) At the doctor's office.
4. What is Hester delivering to the governor's house when she goes there in Chapter 7?
(b) A scarf.
5. In what month does Chapter 1 take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "pedestal of infamy?"
2. Whom do Dimmesdale and Chillingworth see out the window at the end of Chapter 10?
3. Hester is a self-ordained what?
4. Who is the patient referred to in the title of Chapter 10?
5. Whom does Hester decide to seek out for a meeting at the end of Chapter 13?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)