|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prominent wild plant grows just outside the door to the jail?
(c) A weeping willow.
(d) A rose bush.
2. What, in Chapter 13, "glimmers" with an "unearthly ray"?
(a) Chillingworth's malice.
(b) Pearl's eyes.
(c) The scarlet letter.
(d) The meteor/falling star.
3. Where has Chillingworth been gathering herbs, when he is asked by the minister in Chapter 10?
(a) In Hester's garden.
(b) In the governor's garden.
(c) By the seashoer.
(d) In a graveyard.
4. Whom does Hester decide to seek out for a meeting at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) Her (former) husband.
(b) Her lover.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her confessor.
5. Chose which of the following best describes the tone in the last sentence of Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What quiets Pearl in this when she wants something from the governor's garden?
2. What was the door to the jail made of?
3. What is Hester delivering to the governor's house when she goes there in Chapter 7?
4. What is the title of the first chapter?
5. Who is the patient referred to in the title of Chapter 10?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)