|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "pedestal of infamy?"
(a) The altar.
(b) The governor's mantle.
(c) The scaffold.
(d) The steeple.
2. Who is the patient referred to in the title of Chapter 10?
3. What was the door to the jail made of?
4. How many years have passed so far in this novel, in Chapter 13?
(a) Less than one.
5. Which field had Bellingham trained for/been educated in?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does Chapter 1 take place?
2. Whom do Dimmesdale and Chillingworth see out the window at the end of Chapter 10?
3. Which description does not apply to Dimmesdale?
4. What does Pearl desperately desire from the governor's garden?
5. Whose name does the doctor want Hester to reveal?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)