|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the door to the jail made of?
2. What is Hester delivering to the governor's house when she goes there in Chapter 7?
(a) A scarf.
3. Where has Chillingworth been gathering herbs, when he is asked by the minister in Chapter 10?
(a) In the governor's garden.
(b) In Hester's garden.
(c) By the seashoer.
(d) In a graveyard.
4. When the doctor gives Hester something to drink, what does she think is in the cup?
(d) A truth serum.
5. The earliest parts of the colony had been the jail and what other location?
(a) The schoolhouse.
(b) The governor's mansion.
(c) The cemetery.
(d) The church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the "delicate gems" referred to at the end of Chapter 1?
2. Whose name does the doctor want Hester to reveal?
3. What quiets Pearl in this when she wants something from the governor's garden?
4. What distinguishes the men in the "throng" at the beginning of thChapter 1?
5. Hester is a self-ordained what?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)