|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years after the founding of Boston does Chapter 1 take place?
(a) Approximately 150 or more.
(b) Approximately 90 or 100.
(c) Approximately 50 or 60.
(d) Approximately 15 or 20.
2. What quiets Pearl in this when she wants something from the governor's garden?
(a) The gardener gives her what she wants.
(b) Her nanny.
(c) Her obedience to Hester.
(d) The appearance of the governor.
3. What is the title of the first chapter?
(a) The Prison-Door.
(c) The Prison Rose.
(d) Gaol-Door Rock.
4. Whom do Dimmesdale and Chillingworth see out the window at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) Just Hester.
(b) Their own reflections.
(c) Just Pearl.
(d) Hester and Pearl.
5. What was the door to the jail made of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which plant is NOT mentioned in Chapter 1?
2. Who is the patient referred to in the title of Chapter 10?
3. Where is Hester when she and Pearl are examined by the doctor?
4. When the doctor gives Hester something to drink, what does she think is in the cup?
5. What, in Chapter 13, "glimmers" with an "unearthly ray"?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)