|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hester delivering to the governor's house when she goes there in Chapter 7?
(b) A scarf.
2. What, according to many of the townspeople who have come to appreciate Hester, should the A stand for?
3. Where has Chillingworth been gathering herbs, when he is asked by the minister in Chapter 10?
(a) In Hester's garden.
(b) In the governor's garden.
(c) By the seashoer.
(d) In a graveyard.
4. Who is mentioned in Chapter 13 as a "foundress of a religious sect?"
(c) Mother Theresa.
5. How many years after the founding of Boston does Chapter 1 take place?
(a) Approximately 15 or 20.
(b) Approximately 50 or 60.
(c) Approximately 90 or 100.
(d) Approximately 150 or more.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the doctor gives Hester something to drink, what does she think is in the cup?
2. Which field had Bellingham trained for/been educated in?
3. The following description of someone's eyes in Chapter 10 refers to which character: "burning blue and ominous, like the reflection of a furnace....like one of those gleams of ghastly fire"?
4. Which description does not apply to Dimmesdale?
5. Chose which of the following best describes the tone in the last sentence of Chapter 1?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)