|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years after the founding of Boston does Chapter 1 take place?
(a) Approximately 150 or more.
(b) Approximately 90 or 100.
(c) Approximately 50 or 60.
(d) Approximately 15 or 20.
2. In what month does Chapter 1 take place?
3. What does Pearl desperately desire from the governor's garden?
(a) A tulip.
(b) A cabbage.
(c) A pumpkin.
(d) A rose.
4. Which plant is NOT mentioned in Chapter 1?
5. The title of Chapter 4, "The Interview," refers to the meeting between which two characters?
(a) Chillingworth and Dimmesdale.
(b) Hester and Dimmesdale.
(c) Chillingworth and Bellingham.
(d) Hester and Chillingworth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the spikes on the door to the jail made of?
2. Whom does Hester decide to seek out for a meeting at the end of Chapter 13?
3. The earliest parts of the colony had been the jail and what other location?
4. Whose name does the doctor want Hester to reveal?
5. Where has Chillingworth been gathering herbs, when he is asked by the minister in Chapter 10?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)