Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hester's legal husband?
2. Whom do Dimmesdale and Chillingworth see out the window at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) Hester and Pearl.
(b) Just Pearl.
(c) Their own reflections.
(d) Just Hester.
3. Whose name does the doctor want Hester to reveal?
(a) The name of her child.
(b) The name of the witch.
(c) The name of her lover.
(d) The name of her husband.
4. Who is to wear the thing Hester is delivering to the governor's house?
(a) The governor's wife.
(b) The governor himself.
(c) The governor's servants.
(d) The governor's daughter.
5. Who is mentioned in Chapter 13 as a "foundress of a religious sect?"
(d) Mother Theresa.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years after the founding of Boston does Chapter 1 take place?
2. In what month does Chapter 1 take place?
3. Which field had Bellingham trained for/been educated in?
4. The title of Chapter 4, "The Interview," refers to the meeting between which two characters?
5. The following description of someone's eyes in Chapter 10 refers to which character: "burning blue and ominous, like the reflection of a furnace....like one of those gleams of ghastly fire"?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)