|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hester's work is seen everywhere with the exception of:
(a) At weddings.
(b) On babies.
(c) At funerals.
(d) In church.
2. The title of Chapter 5 refers to what?
(a) Hester's love life.
(b) Hester's work.
(c) Hester's guilt.
(d) Hester's past.
3. Which character seeks to make him or herself "the one trusted friend, to whom should be confided all the fear"?
4. Who, in Chapter 5, is referred to as "the figure, the body, the reality of sin?"
5. According to the narrator, which of the following has NOT been one of Hester's "teachers"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, according to the narrator, is at the "head of the social system" in Puritan times?
2. While his health is failing, Dimmesdale has achieved what in his profession?
3. "Hester at her WHAT" is the title of Chapter 5?
4. What does Hester fling next to the brook?
5. What, at the end of Chapter 11, is the "only truth" for Dimmesdale?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)