|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hester at her WHAT" is the title of Chapter 5?
(b) Wit's End.
2. What does Hester fling next to the brook?
(a) Chillingworth's herbs.
(b) Dimmesdale's Bible.
(c) Her bonnet.
(d) Her scarlet letter.
3. While his health is failing, Dimmesdale has achieved what in his profession?
(a) "Sanctimonius reputation."
(b) "Brillant popularity."
(c) "Populist ire."
(d) "Sturdier texture."
4. Which character seeks to make him or herself "the one trusted friend, to whom should be confided all the fear"?
5. With what kind of natural objects has Pearl decorated herself in Chapter 18?
(a) Maple leaves.
(c) Sand and driftwood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hester's work is seen everywhere with the exception of:
2. Where was Hester's "happy infancy and stainless maidenhood?"
3. What is the title of Chapter 18?
4. Chillingworth is described as which of the following in Chapter 11?
5. When Dimmesdale exclaims, "O Thou to whom I dare not life mine eyes," whom is he addressing?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)