|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what kind of natural objects has Pearl decorated herself in Chapter 18?
(a) Sand and driftwood.
(c) Maple leaves.
2. Who, according to the narrator, is at the "head of the social system" in Puritan times?
3. Why do most Puritans fast, according to the narrator?
(a) To purify their bodies.
(b) To lose weight.
(c) To cure disease.
(d) To conserve food.
4. When Dimmesdale exclaims, "O Thou to whom I dare not life mine eyes," whom is he addressing?
5. "Hester at her WHAT" is the title of Chapter 5?
(d) Wit's End.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Dimmesdale's parents?
2. The title of Chapter 5 refers to what?
3. Why does Hester stay in New England?
4. What does Hester fling next to the brook?
5. Who, in Chapter 5, is referred to as "the figure, the body, the reality of sin?"
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)