|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, according to the narrator, is at the "head of the social system" in Puritan times?
2. "Hester at her WHAT" is the title of Chapter 5?
(b) Wit's End.
3. When Dimmesdale exclaims, "O Thou to whom I dare not life mine eyes," whom is he addressing?
4. Hester's work is seen everywhere with the exception of:
(a) At funerals.
(b) In church.
(c) At weddings.
(d) On babies.
5. What is the title of Chapter 18?
(a) A River of Tears.
(b) A Flood of Brightness.
(c) A Flood of Sunshine.
(d) An Ectasy of Light.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, which of the following has NOT been one of Hester's "teachers"?
2. Where are Dimmesdale's parents?
3. Where was Hester's "happy infancy and stainless maidenhood?"
4. What does Hester fling next to the brook?
5. What, at the end of Chapter 11, is the "only truth" for Dimmesdale?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)