|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Hester's "happy infancy and stainless maidenhood?"
(c) Bustling London.
(d) Rural England.
2. While his health is failing, Dimmesdale has achieved what in his profession?
(a) "Sanctimonius reputation."
(b) "Sturdier texture."
(c) "Populist ire."
(d) "Brillant popularity."
3. According to the narrator, which of the following has NOT been one of Hester's "teachers"?
4. Why does Hester stay in New England?
(a) She enjoys whaling.
(b) She enjoys the brisk winter.
(c) Her family is there.
(d) It is the scene of her crime.
5. With what kind of natural objects has Pearl decorated herself in Chapter 18?
(a) Maple leaves.
(b) Sand and driftwood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chillingworth is described as which of the following in Chapter 11?
2. Which character seeks to make him or herself "the one trusted friend, to whom should be confided all the fear"?
3. Where are Dimmesdale's parents?
4. What does Hester fling next to the brook?
5. Hester's work is seen everywhere with the exception of:
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)