|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hester at her WHAT" is the title of Chapter 5?
(b) Wit's End.
2. Chillingworth is described as which of the following in Chapter 11?
3. With what kind of natural objects has Pearl decorated herself in Chapter 18?
(a) Maple leaves.
(d) Sand and driftwood.
4. What does Hester fling next to the brook?
(a) Dimmesdale's Bible.
(b) Her bonnet.
(c) Her scarlet letter.
(d) Chillingworth's herbs.
5. While his health is failing, Dimmesdale has achieved what in his profession?
(a) "Sanctimonius reputation."
(b) "Brillant popularity."
(c) "Sturdier texture."
(d) "Populist ire."
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dimmesdale exclaims, "O Thou to whom I dare not life mine eyes," whom is he addressing?
2. Hester's work is seen everywhere with the exception of:
3. What is the title of Chapter 18?
4. What, at the end of Chapter 11, is the "only truth" for Dimmesdale?
5. According to the narrator, which of the following has NOT been one of Hester's "teachers"?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)