|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hester at her WHAT" is the title of Chapter 5?
(d) Wit's End.
2. Who, according to the narrator, is at the "head of the social system" in Puritan times?
3. What is the title of Chapter 18?
(a) An Ectasy of Light.
(b) A Flood of Sunshine.
(c) A Flood of Brightness.
(d) A River of Tears.
4. Why do most Puritans fast, according to the narrator?
(a) To purify their bodies.
(b) To conserve food.
(c) To lose weight.
(d) To cure disease.
5. The title of Chapter 5 refers to what?
(a) Hester's guilt.
(b) Hester's work.
(c) Hester's love life.
(d) Hester's past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, at the end of Chapter 11, is the "only truth" for Dimmesdale?
2. Hester's work is seen everywhere with the exception of:
3. Who, in Chapter 5, is referred to as "the figure, the body, the reality of sin?"
4. According to the narrator, which of the following has NOT been one of Hester's "teachers"?
5. Where are Dimmesdale's parents?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)