|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The title of Chapter 5 refers to what?
(a) Hester's love life.
(b) Hester's work.
(c) Hester's guilt.
(d) Hester's past.
2. "Hester at her WHAT" is the title of Chapter 5?
(b) Wit's End.
3. Chillingworth is described as which of the following in Chapter 11?
4. With what kind of natural objects has Pearl decorated herself in Chapter 18?
(a) Sand and driftwood.
(b) Maple leaves.
5. Where was Hester's "happy infancy and stainless maidenhood?"
(b) Rural England.
(d) Bustling London.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, which of the following has NOT been one of Hester's "teachers"?
2. What is the title of Chapter 18?
3. Which character seeks to make him or herself "the one trusted friend, to whom should be confided all the fear"?
4. While his health is failing, Dimmesdale has achieved what in his profession?
5. Why do most Puritans fast, according to the narrator?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)