|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dimmesdale exclaims, "O Thou to whom I dare not life mine eyes," whom is he addressing?
2. The title of Chapter 5 refers to what?
(a) Hester's love life.
(b) Hester's past.
(c) Hester's work.
(d) Hester's guilt.
3. Chillingworth is described as which of the following in Chapter 11?
4. What, at the end of Chapter 11, is the "only truth" for Dimmesdale?
(a) "The joy in his beating heart."
(b) "The mercy of almightly Heaven."
(c) "The malice in Chillingworth's eyes."
(d) "The anguish in his inmost soul."
5. What is the title of Chapter 18?
(a) A Flood of Brightness.
(b) A River of Tears.
(c) A Flood of Sunshine.
(d) An Ectasy of Light.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what kind of natural objects has Pearl decorated herself in Chapter 18?
2. Why do most Puritans fast, according to the narrator?
3. While his health is failing, Dimmesdale has achieved what in his profession?
4. "Hester at her WHAT" is the title of Chapter 5?
5. Why does Hester stay in New England?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)