|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chillingworth is described as which of the following in Chapter 11?
2. Why do most Puritans fast, according to the narrator?
(a) To conserve food.
(b) To cure disease.
(c) To purify their bodies.
(d) To lose weight.
3. Who, according to the narrator, is at the "head of the social system" in Puritan times?
4. Where was Hester's "happy infancy and stainless maidenhood?"
(a) Bustling London.
(b) Rural England.
5. "Hester at her WHAT" is the title of Chapter 5?
(d) Wit's End.
Short Answer Questions
1. While his health is failing, Dimmesdale has achieved what in his profession?
2. Where are Dimmesdale's parents?
3. What, at the end of Chapter 11, is the "only truth" for Dimmesdale?
4. The title of Chapter 5 refers to what?
5. Hester's work is seen everywhere with the exception of:
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)