One Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chillingworth is described as which of the following in Chapter 11?
2. According to the narrator, which of the following has NOT been one of Hester's "teachers"?
3. What does Hester fling next to the brook?
(a) Her bonnet.
(b) Chillingworth's herbs.
(c) Her scarlet letter.
(d) Dimmesdale's Bible.
4. What is the title of Chapter 18?
(a) A Flood of Sunshine.
(b) An Ectasy of Light.
(c) A Flood of Brightness.
(d) A River of Tears.
5. Hester's work is seen everywhere with the exception of:
(a) On babies.
(b) At weddings.
(c) In church.
(d) At funerals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hester stay in New England?
2. Where was Hester's "happy infancy and stainless maidenhood?"
3. Why do most Puritans fast, according to the narrator?
4. When Dimmesdale exclaims, "O Thou to whom I dare not life mine eyes," whom is he addressing?
5. While his health is failing, Dimmesdale has achieved what in his profession?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)