|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 4, Scene 2 begin?
2. When is the duel planned for?
3. What does Jack say he will call Acres?
4. Why does Lydia refuse to see Sir and Captain Absolute?
5. Does Mrs. Malaprop decide to forgive Jack?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. What type of boyfriend is Faulkland?
2. Why does he feel he must constantly test Julia?
3. At first, how does Julia always react to this?
Essay Topic 2
18th century gender roles are examined in the play.
1. Compare and contrast the life of a woman and man in the 18th century
2. How does Sheridan shatter or stay true to gender roles?
Essay Topic 3
How does Sheridan make it clear that he would like a return of the comedy of manners?
1. Through his words?
2. Actions of the characters?
3. Staging of the play?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)