|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jack ready to do?
2. As Faulkland enters, what does Jack say he will let Sir Lucius do?
3. Why is Faulkland afraid to open Julia's letter?
4. What don't the two men realize?
5. How do the two women leave the room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. How to the women of the play defy the men?Give specific examples.
2. How does the character of Mrs. Malaprop exemplify women breaking stereotypes?
3. How does Lucy break typical gender stereotypes?
Essay Topic 2
1. Why does Mrs Malaprop always mess up the use of words?
2. Does she seem to be an educated woman? How so?
3. Is it a sign of her level of education or desire to learn more?
Essay Topic 3
Research the places where the play takes place such as the North Parade, etc.
1. How do these real life settings set the stage for the duel?
2. Did many duels take play here?
3. What has your research helped you to find?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)