|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Lucius do when he learns that Mrs. Malaprop is not Lydia?
2. What word does Mrs. Malaprop misuse in this section?
3. What does Lydia throw at Jack?
4. When is the duel planned for?
5. What do all of the scenes foreshadow?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Explain the character of Sir Anthony.
2. Does he seem very hypocritical? Compare him to a more earnest character.
3. How is this character hypocritical?
Essay Topic 2
1. How do the characters manipulate each other in the play?
2. Name two characters that use manipulation throughout the play.
3. Explain why they are they way they are.
Essay Topic 3
How does Sheridan make it clear that he would like a return of the comedy of manners?
1. Through his words?
2. Actions of the characters?
3. Staging of the play?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)