|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Malaprop tell Jack about?
2. What is Jack's explanation for his sword?
3. What does Mrs Malaprop call Jack?
4. Who tells Sir Anthony about the duel?
5. Where does Acres send David?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
18th century gender roles are examined in the play.
1. Compare and contrast the life of a woman and man in the 18th century
2. How does Sheridan shatter or stay true to gender roles?
Essay Topic 2
1. What is the difference between Lydia and Jack/Beverly, Mrs Malaprop and Lucius, and Julia and Faulkland's relationships?
2. How does Lucy help out or hurt these relationships?
Essay Topic 3
1. How could Sheridan's play be different if it had been focused on morals?
2. How would the characters have changed or stayed the same?
3. Pick a specific character and explain.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)