|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Mrs. Malaprop wish to cooperate with the plan?
2. What does Lucius start with Jack?
3. How does Lydia feel about the situation?
4. Why does Lydia refuse to see Sir and Captain Absolute?
5. How Do Lydia and Jack reveal their thoughts to the rest of the room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. How to the women of the play defy the men?Give specific examples.
2. How does the character of Mrs. Malaprop exemplify women breaking stereotypes?
3. How does Lucy break typical gender stereotypes?
Essay Topic 2
18th century gender roles are examined in the play.
1. Compare and contrast the life of a woman and man in the 18th century
2. How does Sheridan shatter or stay true to gender roles?
Essay Topic 3
Research the places where the play takes place such as the North Parade, etc.
1. How do these real life settings set the stage for the duel?
2. Did many duels take play here?
3. What has your research helped you to find?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)