|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lydia refuse to see Sir and Captain Absolute?
2. What word does Mrs. Malaprop misuse in this section?
3. What is funny about this situation?
4. When is the duel planned for?
5. Where are all the main characters at the end of this scene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. How are the characters of Faulkland and Lydia a foil of each other?
2. Do you agree with the assertion?
3. What is a FOIL, please explain.
4. What other characters might be foilLs?
Essay Topic 2
18th century gender roles are examined in the play.
1. Compare and contrast the life of a woman and man in the 18th century
2. How does Sheridan shatter or stay true to gender roles?
Essay Topic 3
1. Pick out a character from the book and describe them as well as their actions.
2. Does this character remind you of anyone? Who, and why?
3. How would you have changed the situation to stop the miscommunication that kept on occurring?
4. How would you change the course of events that happened in the play as the character?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)