|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Mrs. Malaprop decide to forgive Jack?
2. How does Acres want to approach the duel?
3. What does Lydia throw at Jack?
4. What does Sir Anthony believe about Julia and Faulkland?
5. What did Sherdian experience in his own life?
Essay Topic 1
Research Sheridan's other plays.
1. How are they different from the Rivals?
2. Compare and contrast the Rivals to another one of Sheridan's plays.
Essay Topic 2
1. How to the women of the play defy the men?Give specific examples.
2. How does the character of Mrs. Malaprop exemplify women breaking stereotypes?
3. How does Lucy break typical gender stereotypes?
Essay Topic 3
1. How do the characters manipulate each other in the play?
2. Name two characters that use manipulation throughout the play.
3. Explain why they are they way they are.
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)