|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Mrs. Malaprop decide to forgive Jack?
2. What does Beverly boast about in his letters?
3. Who goes to visit Acres?
4. What else does Acres ask of Jack?
5. Why is Jack so forlorn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Sheridan make it clear that he would like a return of the comedy of manners?
1. Through his words?
2. Actions of the characters?
3. Staging of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the following people affect the lie/manipulation that Jack weaves:
How do they inconvenience Jack's plan also?
Essay Topic 3
1. What is the difference between Lydia and Jack/Beverly, Mrs Malaprop and Lucius, and Julia and Faulkland's relationships?
2. How does Lucy help out or hurt these relationships?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)