|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sherdian experience in his own life?
2. How do the two women leave the room?
3. What does Lucius start with Jack?
4. What does Lydia throw at Jack?
5. Who does Jack pretend to be as he sees his father arrive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Pick out a character from the book and describe them as well as their actions.
2. Does this character remind you of anyone? Who, and why?
3. How would you have changed the situation to stop the miscommunication that kept on occurring?
4. How would you change the course of events that happened in the play as the character?
Essay Topic 2
1. What tone does Sheridan use through the play?
2. How does he achieve this tone?
3. How could you achieve it in your own writing?
Essay Topic 3
1. How are the characters of Faulkland and Lydia a foil of each other?
2. Do you agree with the assertion?
3. What is a FOIL, please explain.
4. What other characters might be foilLs?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)