|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Acres discussing with his servant?
2. What word does Mrs. Malaprop misuse in this section?
3. How do the women stop the fight?
4. Upon Jack's revelation that he is Beverly, what happens?
5. How does Lydia feel like she was treated?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. How do the characters manipulate each other in the play?
2. Name two characters that use manipulation throughout the play.
3. Explain why they are they way they are.
Essay Topic 2
How does Sheridan make it clear that he would like a return of the comedy of manners?
1. Through his words?
2. Actions of the characters?
3. Staging of the play?
Essay Topic 3
1. What type of boyfriend is Faulkland?
2. Why does he feel he must constantly test Julia?
3. At first, how does Julia always react to this?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)