|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Mrs. Malaprop misuse in this section?
2. What does Lucius prompt Acres to do?
3. What is Jack's explanation for his sword?
4. How do the two women leave the room?
5. Who writes the challenge to Beverly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. How are the characters of Faulkland and Lydia a foil of each other?
2. Do you agree with the assertion?
3. What is a FOIL, please explain.
4. What other characters might be foilLs?
Essay Topic 2
Research Sheridan's other plays.
1. How are they different from the Rivals?
2. Compare and contrast the Rivals to another one of Sheridan's plays.
Essay Topic 3
1. What tone does Sheridan use through the play?
2. How does he achieve this tone?
3. How could you achieve it in your own writing?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)