|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which scene is the most comical?
2. How does Acres want to approach the duel?
3. How do the women stop the fight?
4. What can't Lydia see through her anger?
5. What does Sir Anthony believe about Julia and Faulkland?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. How do the characters manipulate each other in the play?
2. Name two characters that use manipulation throughout the play.
3. Explain why they are they way they are.
Essay Topic 2
1. Why does Mrs Malaprop always mess up the use of words?
2. Does she seem to be an educated woman? How so?
3. Is it a sign of her level of education or desire to learn more?
Essay Topic 3
1. How are the characters of Faulkland and Lydia a foil of each other?
2. Do you agree with the assertion?
3. What is a FOIL, please explain.
4. What other characters might be foilLs?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)