|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sherdian experience in his own life?
2. What does Mrs Malaprop call Jack?
3. What does Faulkland tell Julia once they are together?
4. What does Jack realize about Lydia?
5. What does Julia's letter say?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research the places where the play takes place such as the North Parade, etc.
1. How do these real life settings set the stage for the duel?
2. Did many duels take play here?
3. What has your research helped you to find?
Essay Topic 2
How does Sheridan make it clear that he would like a return of the comedy of manners?
1. Through his words?
2. Actions of the characters?
3. Staging of the play?
Essay Topic 3
18th century gender roles are examined in the play.
1. Compare and contrast the life of a woman and man in the 18th century
2. How does Sheridan shatter or stay true to gender roles?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)