Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Acres discussing with his servant?
2. Has Sheridan ever killed someone?
3. When is the duel planned for?
4. Who does Jack pretend to be as he sees his father arrive?
5. What does Sir Lucius hear as he sees Jack approaching?
Essay Topic 1
1. Explain the character of Sir Anthony.
2. Does he seem very hypocritical? Compare him to a more earnest character.
3. How is this character hypocritical?
Essay Topic 2
Research other types of plays and list them.
1. What is the difference between these plays and Sheridan's?
2. Define a comedy of manners
Essay Topic 3
1. What tone does Sheridan use through the play?
2. How does he achieve this tone?
3. How could you achieve it in your own writing?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)