|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Lucy give Fag?
2. How does the play begin?
3. What will happen if Jack refuses?
4. Why does Jack act innocent?
5. What was occurring in English culture and literature as Sheridan wrote the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Julia ask the audience about a comedy?
2. The longer the couple talks, what happens?
3. What does Acres ask Jack to do?
4. What does Fag reveal about Jack to Coachman?
5. What else does Acres ask of Jack, but Jack refuses to do?
6. Why has Lucius come to Bath?
7. What does Faukland lie about?
8. Where does Lucy meet Sir Lucius?
9. Why does Lydia love her poor soldier?
10. When Mrs. Malaprop, Sir Absolute, Jack and Lydia are all in the same room, why does Jack refuse to speak?
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the following people affect the lie/manipulation that Jack weaves:
How do they inconvenience Jack's plan also?
Essay Topic 2
1. Explain the character of Sir Anthony.
2. Does he seem very hypocritical? Compare him to a more earnest character.
3. How is this character hypocritical?
Essay Topic 3
1. Why does Mrs Malaprop always mess up the use of words?
2. Does she seem to be an educated woman? How so?
3. Is it a sign of her level of education or desire to learn more?
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)