|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Acres confide in Jack?
2. What will happen if Jack refuses?
3. What does Lucy gives Lucius?
4. Who exists the stage first?
5. What does Lydia think of Mr. Faulkland?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who presents the prologue of the play to the audience?
2. Why does Mrs Malaprop interrupt the meeting?
3. Is Sir Absolute wary of Jack's sudden desire to please him?
4. Why is Mr. Faulkland worried about Julia?
5. What does Lucy tell Fag?
6. Is Jack worried about being killed?
7. What does Lucy contemplate as she waits for Sir Lucius?
8. What does Fag reveal about Jack to Coachman?
9. Why does Faulkland consistently stay tortured?
10. Where does Faulkland wait for Julia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the character of Lucy represent in Sheridan's play?
1. Is it normal to have a woman that is money hungry?
2. Why is that?
3. is it interesting that she does not care for morals?
Essay Topic 2
Research Sheridan's other plays.
1. How are they different from the Rivals?
2. Compare and contrast the Rivals to another one of Sheridan's plays.
Essay Topic 3
1. How could Sheridan's play be different if it had been focused on morals?
2. How would the characters have changed or stayed the same?
3. Pick a specific character and explain.
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)