|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who intervened in Lydia's affairs with Beverly?
2. Who is she waiting for?
3. How did Julia's relationship with Faulkland begin?
4. Does Sheridan believe all plays should have a moral point of view?
5. What does Sir Absolute fail to mention?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Jack does speak, what does he do?
2. What does Lucy contemplate as she waits for Sir Lucius?
3. Why has Lucius come to Bath?
4. Where does Jack wait for Faulkland?
5. Does Lydia forgive and forget?
6. Why does the audience not feel sorry for Fag?
7. What does Faukland lie about?
8. How does Faulkland react when he finds out how Julia has been fairing?
9. Why does Lucius decide to challenge Jack?
10. Where do Coachman and Fag meet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. How do the characters manipulate each other in the play?
2. Name two characters that use manipulation throughout the play.
3. Explain why they are they way they are.
Essay Topic 2
1. How could Sheridan's play be different if it had been focused on morals?
2. How would the characters have changed or stayed the same?
3. Pick a specific character and explain.
Essay Topic 3
How does Sheridan make it clear that he would like a return of the comedy of manners?
1. Through his words?
2. Actions of the characters?
3. Staging of the play?
This section contains 1,119 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)