|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is Jack interested in his father's description of Lydia?
2. Who scolds Lucy on passing notes?
3. Why does Lucy feel guilty?
4. What is tangled?
5. What type of love does Julia offer?
Short Essay Questions
1. The longer the couple talks, what happens?
2. Does Jack show interest when Sir Absolute explains who he will marry?
3. What does Julia say in response to Faulkland's story?
4. Is Sir Absolute wary of Jack's sudden desire to please him?
5. Did Sheridan ever rewrite the script? If so, why did he rewrite the script?
6. Is Jack worried about being killed?
7. Where does Jack wait for Faulkland?
8. Who does Captain Absolute bribe?
9. Who is Lydia's cousin?
10. What is set up at the end of this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Sheridan make it clear that he would like a return of the comedy of manners?
1. Through his words?
2. Actions of the characters?
3. Staging of the play?
Essay Topic 2
1. How could Sheridan's play be different if it had been focused on morals?
2. How would the characters have changed or stayed the same?
3. Pick a specific character and explain.
Essay Topic 3
1. How are the characters of Faulkland and Lydia a foil of each other?
2. Do you agree with the assertion?
3. What is a FOIL, please explain.
4. What other characters might be foilLs?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)