|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Act 3, Scene 2 begin?
2. What is being judged?
3. Why does Jack act innocent?
4. Why is Faulkland sad?
5. What does Mrs Malaprop misuse all the time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is set up at the end of this section?
2. Who presents the prologue of the play to the audience?
3. Why does Faulkland consistently stay tortured?
4. Where does Faulkland wait for Julia?
5. What does Julia ask the audience about a comedy?
6. Who does Captain Absolute bribe?
7. When Mrs. Malaprop, Sir Absolute, Jack and Lydia are all in the same room, why does Jack refuse to speak?
8. Why is Mr. Faulkland worried about Julia?
9. What does Lucy tell Fag?
10. What don't the two men realize?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. What type of boyfriend is Faulkland?
2. Why does he feel he must constantly test Julia?
3. At first, how does Julia always react to this?
Essay Topic 2
What does the character of Lucy represent in Sheridan's play?
1. Is it normal to have a woman that is money hungry?
2. Why is that?
3. is it interesting that she does not care for morals?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the following people affect the lie/manipulation that Jack weaves:
How do they inconvenience Jack's plan also?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)