|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon his exit what does Sir Absolute do?
2. Why does Lydia like Beverly Ensign?
3. How long has Julia loved Mr. Faulkland?
4. What does the play exhibit?
5. Who has Lydia lost?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lucy contemplate as she waits for Sir Lucius?
2. Why is Mr. Faulkland worried about Julia?
3. What does Faulkland promise Julia?
4. Where does Faulkland wait for Julia?
5. Where does Lucy meet Sir Lucius?
6. The longer the couple talks, what happens?
7. Does Lydia forgive Jack?
8. Who presents the prologue of the play to the audience?
9. Does Jack show interest when Sir Absolute explains who he will marry?
10. How does Faulkland react when he finds out how Julia has been fairing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. How to the women of the play defy the men?Give specific examples.
2. How does the character of Mrs. Malaprop exemplify women breaking stereotypes?
3. How does Lucy break typical gender stereotypes?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the following people affect the lie/manipulation that Jack weaves:
How do they inconvenience Jack's plan also?
Essay Topic 3
18th century gender roles are examined in the play.
1. Compare and contrast the life of a woman and man in the 18th century
2. How does Sheridan shatter or stay true to gender roles?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)