|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Julia cry?
2. What does Julia discuss in the second part of the prologue?
3. What does the attorney hand to the sergeant at law?
4. Why does Jack act innocent?
5. By bribing the sergeant at law, who is Sheridan also bribing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What don't the two men realize?
2. What does Faukland lie about?
3. Did Sheridan ever rewrite the script? If so, why did he rewrite the script?
4. Is Lydia happy to discover that she can now marry her Beverly?
5. What does Julia say in response to Faulkland's story?
6. What does Sheridan wish to prove about the Comedy of Manners?
7. Why is Acres confused when he arrives at the duel site?
8. How does the play begin?
9. Why does Mrs Malaprop interrupt the meeting?
10. What is set up at the end of this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. What type of boyfriend is Faulkland?
2. Why does he feel he must constantly test Julia?
3. At first, how does Julia always react to this?
Essay Topic 2
What does the character of Lucy represent in Sheridan's play?
1. Is it normal to have a woman that is money hungry?
2. Why is that?
3. is it interesting that she does not care for morals?
Essay Topic 3
1. What tone does Sheridan use through the play?
2. How does he achieve this tone?
3. How could you achieve it in your own writing?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)