|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faulkland promise himself?
2. How did Julia's relationship with Faulkland begin?
3. Does Sheridan believe all plays should have a moral point of view?
4. How long has Julia loved Mr. Faulkland?
5. What is Faukland's love?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Jack show interest when Sir Absolute explains who he will marry?
2. Why is Mr. Faulkland worried about Julia?
3. Where do Coachman and Fag meet?
4. Why does the audience not feel sorry for Fag?
5. What does Mrs Malaprop inform Jack of?
6. What does Lucy contemplate as she waits for Sir Lucius?
7. What does Jack say to Lydia when he sees her during his visit?
8. What does Fag reveal about Jack to Coachman?
9. How does the play begin?
10. Is Sir Absolute wary of Jack's sudden desire to please him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
18th century gender roles are examined in the play.
1. Compare and contrast the life of a woman and man in the 18th century
2. How does Sheridan shatter or stay true to gender roles?
Essay Topic 2
1. Pick out a character from the book and describe them as well as their actions.
2. Does this character remind you of anyone? Who, and why?
3. How would you have changed the situation to stop the miscommunication that kept on occurring?
4. How would you change the course of events that happened in the play as the character?
Essay Topic 3
1. Why does Mrs Malaprop always mess up the use of words?
2. Does she seem to be an educated woman? How so?
3. Is it a sign of her level of education or desire to learn more?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)