|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Julia's relationship with Faulkland begin?
2. Why does Lucy feel guilty?
3. Upon his exit what does Sir Absolute do?
4. Are Mr. Faulkland and Jack good friends?
5. What type of love does Julia offer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will Jack tell Beverly that Acres is called?
2. What does the epilogue address?
3. Why does Faulkland consistently stay tortured?
4. What does SIr Anthony see in Jack's jacket?
5. What does Fag reveal about Jack to Coachman?
6. Does Jack impress Mrs. Malaprop when they finally meet?
7. What type of play is Sheridan weaving?
8. What does Jack say to Lydia when he sees her during his visit?
9. What is set up at the end of this section?
10. Who does Captain Absolute bribe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Sheridan make it clear that he would like a return of the comedy of manners?
1. Through his words?
2. Actions of the characters?
3. Staging of the play?
Essay Topic 2
18th century gender roles are examined in the play.
1. Compare and contrast the life of a woman and man in the 18th century
2. How does Sheridan shatter or stay true to gender roles?
Essay Topic 3
1. Why does Mrs Malaprop always mess up the use of words?
2. Does she seem to be an educated woman? How so?
3. Is it a sign of her level of education or desire to learn more?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)