Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What movement was Sheridan a part of?
2. What does Lydia think of Mr. Faulkland?
3. Where do the two servants meet?
4. What does connive mean?
5. What does Lucy contemplate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sheridan wish to prove about the Comedy of Manners?
2. Where does Lucy meet Sir Lucius?
3. What does Lucy tell Fag?
4. Does Lydia forgive Jack?
5. What does Faulkland admit to Julia?
6. Who are the letters Lucy delivers really from?
7. How does Sheridan immediately begin his story?
8. The longer the couple talks, what happens?
9. What does Thomas like to wear?
10. Is Jack worried about being killed?
Essay Topic 1
1. Explain the character of Sir Anthony.
2. Does he seem very hypocritical? Compare him to a more earnest character.
3. How is this character hypocritical?
Essay Topic 2
Research the places where the play takes place such as the North Parade, etc.
1. How do these real life settings set the stage for the duel?
2. Did many duels take play here?
3. What has your research helped you to find?
Essay Topic 3
1. What tone does Sheridan use through the play?
2. How does he achieve this tone?
3. How could you achieve it in your own writing?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)