|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is courting Julia?
2. What will Lydia lose if she marries Beverly?
3. What does Lucius think Lydia is?
4. Who is Sir Absolute's son?
5. What is tangled?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who often gets in Lucius' way?
2. What does Sheridan wish to prove about the Comedy of Manners?
3. What does SIr Anthony see in Jack's jacket?
4. What does Mrs Malaprop inform Jack of?
5. Does Lydia forgive Jack?
6. When was the prologue added to the play?
7. Why does Lucius decide to challenge Jack?
8. Is Jack excited that Lydia turns out to be his betrothed?
9. What does Fag reveal about Jack to Coachman?
10. What does Faulkland admit to Julia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Explain the character of Sir Anthony.
2. Does he seem very hypocritical? Compare him to a more earnest character.
3. How is this character hypocritical?
Essay Topic 2
1. What is unconditional love?
2. What are the types of love that are represented in the play?
3. What characters represent the different types of love in the story
Essay Topic 3
1. Pick out a character from the book and describe them as well as their actions.
2. Does this character remind you of anyone? Who, and why?
3. How would you have changed the situation to stop the miscommunication that kept on occurring?
4. How would you change the course of events that happened in the play as the character?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)