|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack learn about his parents?
2. How long has Julia loved Mr. Faulkland?
3. Where does Act I, Scene II take place?
4. Finish the quote: "Can a comedy...."
5. What does Lucy gives Lucius?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Jack show interest when Sir Absolute explains who he will marry?
2. How does Faulkland react when he finds out how Julia has been fairing?
3. What does SIr Anthony see in Jack's jacket?
4. What does Thomas like to wear?
5. What does the audience learn about Sir Absolute's marriage?
6. Does Lydia forgive Jack?
7. When Jack does speak, what does he do?
8. How does Sheridan write the epilogue?
9. Why does Mrs Malaprop interrupt the meeting?
10. How does the play begin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. What type of boyfriend is Faulkland?
2. Why does he feel he must constantly test Julia?
3. At first, how does Julia always react to this?
Essay Topic 2
1. What is the difference between Lydia and Jack/Beverly, Mrs Malaprop and Lucius, and Julia and Faulkland's relationships?
2. How does Lucy help out or hurt these relationships?
Essay Topic 3
1. How could Sheridan's play be different if it had been focused on morals?
2. How would the characters have changed or stayed the same?
3. Pick a specific character and explain.
This section contains 1,130 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)