|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sir Absolute in Bath?
2. What does Sir Absolute have for Jack?
3. What does Lucy gives Lucius?
4. What does connive mean?
5. Why does Jack act innocent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jack say to Lydia when he sees her during his visit?
2. What does Faulkland promise Julia?
3. What does SIr Anthony see in Jack's jacket?
4. What does the epilogue address?
5. Why has Lucius come to Bath?
6. Where does Faulkland wait for Julia?
7. What else does Acres ask of Jack, but Jack refuses to do?
8. What does Fag reveal about Jack to Coachman?
9. Is Jack excited that Lydia turns out to be his betrothed?
10. What does Lucius talk Acres into?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 11. Why is Lydia so mad with Jack's deceit? 2. Is it because of her ego is crushed? Why or Why not?
Essay Topic 21. What tone does Sheridan use through the play? 2. How does he achieve this tone? 3. How could you achieve it in your own writing?
Essay Topic 3Research Sheridan's other plays. 1. How are they different from the Rivals? 2. Compare and contrast the Rivals to another one of Sheridan's plays.
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)