Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What movement was Sheridan a part of?
2. What does Lydia think of Mr. Faulkland?
3. Where do the two servants meet?
4. What does connive mean?
5. What does Lucy contemplate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sheridan wish to prove about the Comedy of Manners?
2. Where does Lucy meet Sir Lucius?
3. What does Lucy tell Fag?
4. Does Lydia forgive Jack?
5. What does Faulkland admit to Julia?
6. Who are the letters Lucy delivers really from?
7. How does Sheridan immediately begin his story?
8. The longer the couple talks, what happens?
9. What does Thomas like to wear?
10. Is Jack worried about being killed?
Essay Topic 1
1. Why does Mrs Malaprop always mess up the use of words?
2. Does she seem to be an educated woman? How so?
3. Is it a sign of her level of education or desire to learn more?
Essay Topic 2
1. Why is Lydia so mad with Jack's deceit?
2. Is it because of her ego is crushed? Why or Why not?
Essay Topic 3
1. Examine the relationship of Lydia and Jack.
2. What is the balance of power?
3. How does their relationship shift 18th century relationship stereotypes
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)