|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lydia think of Mr. Faulkland?
2. What type of love does Julia offer?
3. What does Acres confide in Jack?
4. What other word does Mrs. Malaprop's note confuse?
5. What will happen if Jack refuses?
Short Essay Questions
1. When was the prologue added to the play?
2. What does Faulkland promise Julia?
3. Does Jack show interest when Sir Absolute explains who he will marry?
4. What does Mrs Malaprop inform Jack of?
5. What does Lucy tell Fag?
6. Who is Lydia's cousin?
7. Where does Jack wait for Faulkland?
8. What does Faukland lie about?
9. Does Lydia forgive and forget?
10. Why does Mrs Malaprop interrupt the meeting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the following people affect the lie/manipulation that Jack weaves:
How do they inconvenience Jack's plan also?
Essay Topic 2
1. What tone does Sheridan use through the play?
2. How does he achieve this tone?
3. How could you achieve it in your own writing?
Essay Topic 3
Research Sheridan's other plays.
1. How are they different from the Rivals?
2. Compare and contrast the Rivals to another one of Sheridan's plays.
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)