|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is being judged?
2. Why is Julia happy?
3. Who does Lucius kiss?
4. What does not exist in this play?
5. What does Lucius think Lydia is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sheridan wish to prove about the Comedy of Manners?
2. How does Faulkland react when he finds out how Julia has been fairing?
3. Who often gets in Lucius' way?
4. Does Jack show interest when Sir Absolute explains who he will marry?
5. Why is Mr. Faulkland worried about Julia?
6. Does Lydia approve of Mr. Faulkland?
7. Does Lydia forgive Jack?
8. What does Lucius talk Acres into?
9. What does Thomas like to wear?
10. Does Lydia forgive and forget?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Pick out a character from the book and describe them as well as their actions.
2. Does this character remind you of anyone? Who, and why?
3. How would you have changed the situation to stop the miscommunication that kept on occurring?
4. How would you change the course of events that happened in the play as the character?
Essay Topic 2
1. How are the characters of Faulkland and Lydia a foil of each other?
2. Do you agree with the assertion?
3. What is a FOIL, please explain.
4. What other characters might be foilLs?
Essay Topic 3
1. What is unconditional love?
2. What are the types of love that are represented in the play?
3. What characters represent the different types of love in the story
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)