|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Captain Absolute's disguise?
2. What does Sheridan invite the audience to do?
3. Who exists the stage first?
4. What news does Lucy give Fag?
5. Why does Lucy feel guilty?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Coachman and Fag meet?
2. Does Lydia approve of Mr. Faulkland?
3. Does Jack impress Mrs. Malaprop when they finally meet?
4. Why is Faulkland worried?
5. What does the audience learn about Sir Absolute's marriage?
6. What does Lucy contemplate as she waits for Sir Lucius?
7. What does Faulkland promise Julia?
8. What does Faulkland admit to Julia?
9. The longer the couple talks, what happens?
10. What else does Acres ask of Jack, but Jack refuses to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
18th century gender roles are examined in the play.
1. Compare and contrast the life of a woman and man in the 18th century
2. How does Sheridan shatter or stay true to gender roles?
Essay Topic 2
1. Examine the relationship of Lydia and Jack.
2. What is the balance of power?
3. How does their relationship shift 18th century relationship stereotypes
Essay Topic 3
1. Pick out a character from the book and describe them as well as their actions.
2. Does this character remind you of anyone? Who, and why?
3. How would you have changed the situation to stop the miscommunication that kept on occurring?
4. How would you change the course of events that happened in the play as the character?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)