|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Faukland's love?
2. What does he call the audience?
3. What type of love does Julia offer?
4. What does Faulkland lack?
5. How did Julia's relationship with Faulkland begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sheridan immediately begin his story?
2. Does Lydia forgive Jack?
3. What does Jack say to Lydia when he sees her during his visit?
4. Who often gets in Lucius' way?
5. How does Faulkland react when he finds out how Julia has been fairing?
6. How does the play begin?
7. Who presents the prologue of the play to the audience?
8. When Mrs. Malaprop, Sir Absolute, Jack and Lydia are all in the same room, why does Jack refuse to speak?
9. What does Fag reveal about Jack to Coachman?
10. Does Jack show interest when Sir Absolute explains who he will marry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the following people affect the lie/manipulation that Jack weaves:
How do they inconvenience Jack's plan also?
Essay Topic 2
1. Why is Lydia so mad with Jack's deceit?
2. Is it because of her ego is crushed? Why or Why not?
Essay Topic 3
1. Pick out a character from the book and describe them as well as their actions.
2. Does this character remind you of anyone? Who, and why?
3. How would you have changed the situation to stop the miscommunication that kept on occurring?
4. How would you change the course of events that happened in the play as the character?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)