|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Julia's relationship with Faulkland begin?
2. Who stands in the way of the lovers?
3. What is Lucy receiving bribes for doing?
4. What does Sir Absolute have for Jack?
5. Are Mr. Faulkland and Jack good friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Lydia approve of Mr. Faulkland?
2. What does Julia ask the audience about a comedy?
3. What does Faulkland admit to Julia?
4. What type of play is Sheridan weaving?
5. What does Jack say to Lydia when he sees her during his visit?
6. Why is Mr. Faulkland worried about Julia?
7. Does Lydia forgive Jack?
8. What is Acres discussing with his servant, David?
9. Why does the audience not feel sorry for Fag?
10. How does Sheridan immediately begin his story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Pick out a character from the book and describe them as well as their actions.
2. Does this character remind you of anyone? Who, and why?
3. How would you have changed the situation to stop the miscommunication that kept on occurring?
4. How would you change the course of events that happened in the play as the character?
Essay Topic 2
1. How could Sheridan's play be different if it had been focused on morals?
2. How would the characters have changed or stayed the same?
3. Pick a specific character and explain.
Essay Topic 3
1. What tone does Sheridan use through the play?
2. How does he achieve this tone?
3. How could you achieve it in your own writing?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)