Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What movement was Sheridan a part of?
(a) Shakespeare's time.
(b) to re-establish the Comedy of Manners as an acceptable and welcomed form of entertainment.
(c) The Renaissance.
(d) The Resistance.
2. What does Lydia think of Mr. Faulkland?
(a) He loves Lydia very much .
(b) He is attractive.
(c) She thinks he is romantic.
(d) She thinks he is jealous and ungrateful.
3. Where do the two servants meet?
(d) the United States.
4. What does connive mean?
(a) To change.
(b) To con.
(c) To gather.
(d) To concentrate.
5. What does Lucy contemplate?
(a) How to find a husband.
(b) If Captain Absolute will also pay her for bribes.
(c) How to make more money.
(d) How to become a governess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bob Acres?
2. Where does Act I, Scene II take place?
3. Where is Lucy at the beginning of Act 2 Scene 2?
4. How is Jack a contrite son?
5. Why is Acres confused with Faulkand's reaction to the news?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sheridan wish to prove about the Comedy of Manners?
2. Where does Lucy meet Sir Lucius?
3. What does Lucy tell Fag?
4. Does Lydia forgive Jack?
5. What does Faulkland admit to Julia?
6. Who are the letters Lucy delivers really from?
7. How does Sheridan immediately begin his story?
8. The longer the couple talks, what happens?
9. What does Thomas like to wear?
10. Is Jack worried about being killed?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)