|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an accomplishment for this play?
(a) That is ran 10 nights.
(b) the play ran for 5 years.
(c) The play ran for 5 months.
(d) It ran for 10 years.
2. What are some of the names of books Lydia reads?
(a) The Fatal Connexion.
(b) Lost Women.
(c) Stories of Love and Lust .
(d) Fatal Attraction.
3. Why does Lucy feel guilty?
(a) about her duplicity.
(b) She hopes to make a better life for herself.
(c) she loves Fag.
(d) She does not wish to misguide Lydia.
4. What is tangled?
(a) the story.
(b) Lydia's hair.
(c) The web Sheridan weaves.
(d) Sir Anthony's words.
5. When was the prologue added?
(a) when the play premiered.
(b) This prologue was added after the show re-opened and had reached its tenth night.
(c) as an afterthought.
(d) 10 years after the play premiered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tone is immediately set for the play?
2. Who does the sergeant at law present the play to?
3. How is Jack a contrite son?
4. What is Captain Absolute's disguise?
5. Why is Julia happy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Faukland lie about?
2. What will Jack tell Beverly that Acres is called?
3. What does Lucy contemplate as she waits for Sir Lucius?
4. What does Jack say to Lydia when he sees her during his visit?
5. What does Sheridan wish to prove about the Comedy of Manners?
6. Why is Acres confused when he arrives at the duel site?
7. What does Acres ask Jack to do?
8. What does Julia say in response to Faulkland's story?
9. What does the audience learn about Sir Absolute's marriage?
10. Does Lydia forgive Jack?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)