|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who exists the stage first?
(a) the sergeant .
(b) the lawyer.
(c) no one exits.
(d) they exits together.
2. Who intervened in Lydia's affairs with Beverly?
(b) Her Unlce.
(d) Mrs. Malaprop.
3. Does Sheridan believe all plays should have a moral point of view?
(a) Yes because it is the only way to see the errors of our ways.
(b) Sometimes, depending on the subject matter.
4. What does Julia fall in love with?
(a) Fualkland's words.
(b) Faulkland's eyes.
(c) Faulkland's tragic romantic fantasies.
(d) Faulkland's hands.
5. What movement was Sheridan a part of?
(a) Shakespeare's time.
(b) to re-establish the Comedy of Manners as an acceptable and welcomed form of entertainment.
(c) The Renaissance.
(d) The Resistance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Anthony blame Lydia's attitude on?
2. Why is Julia happy?
3. Why does Jack act innocent?
4. How does Act 3, Scene 2 begin?
5. Is Jack interested in his father's description of Lydia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Faulkland wait for Julia?
2. What does Jack say to Lydia when he sees her during his visit?
3. What does Julia say in response to Faulkland's story?
4. What does Faulkland admit to Julia?
5. How does the play begin?
6. Who are the letters Lucy delivers really from?
7. What else does Acres ask of Jack, but Jack refuses to do?
8. Does Lydia approve of Mr. Faulkland?
9. What does Lucy contemplate as she waits for Sir Lucius?
10. Who presents the prologue of the play to the audience?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)