|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sir Absolute's son?
(a) Captain John.
(b) Captain Jefferson.
(c) Captain Jack.
(d) Captain Jacob.
2. Is Jack interested in his father's description of Lydia?
(a) Jack would rather speak about fighting.
(b) Yes very much so.
(c) He acts as though he is not.
(d) No he is not at all.
3. Why does Lydia like Beverly Ensign?
(a) He tries to impress her with his poetry.
(b) Because he is a poor soldier.
(c) Because he is ectremely rich.
(d) He is sweet to her.
4. What is Thomas' occupation?
5. What movement was Sheridan a part of?
(a) Shakespeare's time.
(b) The Resistance.
(c) to re-establish the Comedy of Manners as an acceptable and welcomed form of entertainment.
(d) The Renaissance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Absolute have for Jack?
2. What does Mrs. Malaprop's note confuse?
3. What makes Julia cry?
4. Who has Thomas brought to Bath?
5. Finish the quote: "Can a comedy...."
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Julia ask the audience about a comedy?
2. Who does Captain Absolute bribe?
3. Who is Lydia's cousin?
4. What does Faukland lie about?
5. What does Fag reveal about Jack to Coachman?
6. What is Acres discussing with his servant, David?
7. Where do Coachman and Fag meet?
8. Is Lydia happy to discover that she can now marry her Beverly?
9. How does the play begin?
10. Why is Mr. Faulkland worried about Julia?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)