|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack decide to do?
(a) Remain a bachelor.
(b) Go along with the arrangement and pretend not to know Lydia.
(c) Agree to marry Julia .
(d) Refuse to marry Lydia.
2. Why is Acres confused with Faulkand's reaction to the news?
(a) They assumed Faulkland and Julia are over.
(b) They do not think it is manly that Faulkland cares.
(c) Faulkland has no reaction to Juila's welfare .
(d) He thinks Faulkland should be happy to hear that Julia is well.
3. Why does Jack act innocent?
(a) He pretends he will go along with his father's plan.
(b) Jack is not innocent.
(c) He never wants to be made a fool of.
(d) Because he wants people to like him .
4. Where does Act I, Scene II take place?
(a) In the living room.
(b) In Sir Anthony's town house.
(c) The dressing room of Lydia's Aunt Malaprop.
(d) In Julia's bedroom.
5. Who has Thomas brought to Bath?
(a) His long time freind Stanley.
(b) His footman.
(c) Sir Anthony & Madam Julia.
(d) His wife and young child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does not exist in this play?
2. What does Sheridan invite the audience to do?
3. What is Thomas' occupation?
4. What does Sir Absolute fail to mention?
5. Why does Lydia like Beverly Ensign?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Faulkland worried?
2. Where does Jack wait for Faulkland?
3. Why does the audience not feel sorry for Fag?
4. Who are the letters Lucy delivers really from?
5. When Mrs. Malaprop, Sir Absolute, Jack and Lydia are all in the same room, why does Jack refuse to speak?
6. Does Lydia forgive and forget?
7. How does Faulkland react when he finds out how Julia has been fairing?
8. When was the prologue added to the play?
9. How does Sheridan immediately begin his story?
10. Is Sir Absolute wary of Jack's sudden desire to please him?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)