|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr Faulkland so sad?
(a) He is sad to hear that Julia is happy.
(b) He misses Julia.
(c) He misses his freind Jack.
(d) He thinks Julia is not doing well.
2. Who has Thomas brought to Bath?
(a) His wife and young child.
(b) His long time freind Stanley.
(c) His footman.
(d) Sir Anthony & Madam Julia.
3. What does the play exhibit?
(a) the lyricism of Sheridan's tones.
(b) the shared human condition.
(c) Sheridan's humorous writing style.
4. What does Jack decide to do?
(a) Go along with the arrangement and pretend not to know Lydia.
(b) Remain a bachelor.
(c) Agree to marry Julia .
(d) Refuse to marry Lydia.
5. Who stands in the way of the lovers?
(c) Jack's father.
(d) Lydia's aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Mrs. Malaprop been corresponding with?
2. What does Faulkland lack?
3. What kind of comedy is this play?
4. What is Captain Absolute's disguise?
5. What type of love does Julia offer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lucy contemplate as she waits for Sir Lucius?
2. Is Sir Absolute wary of Jack's sudden desire to please him?
3. How does Sheridan immediately begin his story?
4. Who often gets in Lucius' way?
5. Where does Jack wait for Faulkland?
6. Where does Lucy meet Sir Lucius?
7. Why has Lucius come to Bath?
8. The longer the couple talks, what happens?
9. What does Lucy tell Fag?
10. How does Sheridan write the epilogue?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)