|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faulkland regret?
(a) His words to Julia.
(b) His melancohly attitude.
(c) His inability to love.
(d) His inability to leave Julia.
2. Who is courting Julia?
(a) Mr. Faulkland.
(b) Sir Lucius.
(c) Jack .
3. What does Sheridan invite the audience to do?
(b) create a time of enjoyment.
(c) question their states of mind.
(d) confuse their morals.
4. What does Julia fall in love with?
(a) Faulkland's eyes.
(b) Faulkland's tragic romantic fantasies.
(c) Fualkland's words.
(d) Faulkland's hands.
5. What does the sergeant at law claim when he is given this item?
(a) That he cannot see the paper.
(b) He would like another peice of chocolate.
(c) He would like to quit his job.
(d) He wishes for more money .
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Absolute fail to mention?
2. What does Faulkland lack?
3. What does Lucy gives Lucius?
4. How did Julia's relationship with Faulkland begin?
5. Does Sheridan believe all plays should have a moral point of view?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Acres discussing with his servant, David?
2. Who presents the prologue of the play to the audience?
3. When was the prologue added to the play?
4. Why has Lucius come to Bath?
5. Where does Faulkland wait for Julia?
6. What else does Acres ask of Jack, but Jack refuses to do?
7. Why is Faulkland worried?
8. Why does Lucius decide to challenge Jack?
9. How does Sheridan immediately begin his story?
10. What does the audience learn about Sir Absolute's marriage?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)