|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Sheridan be found guilty of?
(a) being a very sad drama.
(b) a bad atempt to please.
(c) writing a horrible play .
(d) making the audience feel morally inept .
2. How does the play begin?
(a) With an attorney bribing a sergeant at law.
(b) With two lovers quarreling .
(c) At a party in London .
(d) In Bath on a sunny afternoon.
3. How does the lawyer get the sergeant at law to accept the paper?
(a) He slips money to the sergeant at law.
(b) He promises to invest in the sergeant at law's business.
(c) He offers to marry his daughter.
(d) He invites the sergeant at law to dinner.
4. What does Sir Absolute fail to mention?
(a) That the heiress is Lydia .
(b) That he wishes he could be young again.
(c) That he is in love with Mrs Malaprop.
(d) That he wishes Jack was not his son.
5. Where does Act I, Scene II take place?
(a) In Sir Anthony's town house.
(b) In the living room.
(c) The dressing room of Lydia's Aunt Malaprop.
(d) In Julia's bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Acres confide in Jack?
2. Why does Lucy feel guilty?
3. What does Jack do as he exits the stage?
4. What does Sheridan invite the audience to do?
5. What does Sir Absolute have for Jack?
Short Essay Questions
1. What else does Acres ask of Jack, but Jack refuses to do?
2. When Jack does speak, what does he do?
3. What is set up at the end of this section?
4. The longer the couple talks, what happens?
5. How does the play begin?
6. What does Mrs Malaprop inform Jack of?
7. Why is Mr. Faulkland worried about Julia?
8. What does Mrs. Malaprop misuse often?
9. Where do Coachman and Fag meet?
10. What does Fag reveal about Jack to Coachman?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)