|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fag exit?
(a) He yells at Jack.
(b) He writes a letter .
(c) He hits the young messenger boy.
(d) He trips and falls.
2. How is Jack a contrite son?
(a) He pretends to be happy.
(b) He shows his sadness.
(c) He is not contrite at all.
(d) He chooses to not listen to his father.
3. What movement was Sheridan a part of?
(a) to re-establish the Comedy of Manners as an acceptable and welcomed form of entertainment.
(b) Shakespeare's time.
(c) The Renaissance.
(d) The Resistance.
4. What does Sir Anthony blame Lydia's attitude on?
(a) her romance novels.
(b) gossip rags.
(c) the group of freinds she is with.
(d) poetry books.
5. Where does Act I, Scene II take place?
(a) In Julia's bedroom.
(b) In Sir Anthony's town house.
(c) In the living room.
(d) The dressing room of Lydia's Aunt Malaprop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr Faulkland so sad?
2. What does Julia discuss in the second part of the prologue?
3. Who scolds Lucy on passing notes?
4. What is an arranged proposal?
5. Who stands in the way of the lovers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the audience not feel sorry for Fag?
2. What will Jack tell Beverly that Acres is called?
3. What does Julia say in response to Faulkland's story?
4. Why does Mrs Malaprop interrupt the meeting?
5. When Mrs. Malaprop, Sir Absolute, Jack and Lydia are all in the same room, why does Jack refuse to speak?
6. What does Jack say to Lydia when he sees her during his visit?
7. What does Thomas like to wear?
8. What does Mrs. Malaprop misuse often?
9. Why is Acres confused when he arrives at the duel site?
10. What don't the two men realize?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)