|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Jack a contrite son?
(a) He chooses to not listen to his father.
(b) He pretends to be happy.
(c) He shows his sadness.
(d) He is not contrite at all.
2. What does Mrs. Malaprop's note confuse?
(a) critiques and compliments .
(b) induction with seduction.
(c) longing and loathing.
(d) love with lust.
3. What will Lydia lose if she marries Beverly?
(a) Her sassiness.
(b) Her mind.
(c) Her inheritance.
(d) Her independence.
4. When was the prologue added?
(a) This prologue was added after the show re-opened and had reached its tenth night.
(b) as an afterthought.
(c) 10 years after the play premiered.
(d) when the play premiered.
5. Who is courting Julia?
(a) Jack .
(b) Mr. Faulkland.
(c) Sir Lucius.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faulkland promise himself?
2. What will happen if Jack refuses?
3. How does Fag exit?
4. What does Faulkland lack?
5. Why is Julia happy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Lydia approve of Mr. Faulkland?
2. What is Acres discussing with his servant, David?
3. What does Mrs. Malaprop misuse often?
4. What does Jack say to Lydia when he sees her during his visit?
5. What does Lucius talk Acres into?
6. What does the epilogue address?
7. How does Sheridan immediately begin his story?
8. Does Jack impress Mrs. Malaprop when they finally meet?
9. What does Julia say in response to Faulkland's story?
10. What does SIr Anthony see in Jack's jacket?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)