|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Acres confused with Faulkand's reaction to the news?
(a) Faulkland has no reaction to Juila's welfare .
(b) They do not think it is manly that Faulkland cares.
(c) They assumed Faulkland and Julia are over.
(d) He thinks Faulkland should be happy to hear that Julia is well.
2. Who has Thomas brought to Bath?
(a) His long time freind Stanley.
(b) His footman.
(c) His wife and young child.
(d) Sir Anthony & Madam Julia.
3. What is an empire?
(a) Who Jack is fighting for in the war.
(b) The name of his dog .
(c) Sir Anthony's estate's name.
(d) A large kingdom.
4. What does Jack do as he exits the stage?
(a) Slams his fist into his chest.
(b) Yells at Fag.
(c) Curses at his father.
(d) Pushes Fag out of the way.
5. Who does Captain Absolute give money to?
(a) Mr. Faulkland.
(d) Lucy, Lydia's lady's maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was occurring in English culture and literature as Sheridan wrote the play?
2. Who is Sir Absolute's son?
3. What is an arranged proposal?
4. Why is Mr Faulkland so sad?
5. What tone is immediately set for the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Acres ask Jack to do?
2. When Jack does speak, what does he do?
3. Where does Faulkland wait for Julia?
4. What does SIr Anthony see in Jack's jacket?
5. Where does Lucy meet Sir Lucius?
6. What is set up at the end of this section?
7. Who often gets in Lucius' way?
8. Does Lydia forgive Jack?
9. What does the audience learn about Sir Absolute's marriage?
10. What does Jack say to Lydia when he sees her during his visit?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)