|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the play begin?
(a) With two lovers quarreling .
(b) In Bath on a sunny afternoon.
(c) At a party in London .
(d) With an attorney bribing a sergeant at law.
2. What is Mrs. Malaprop's pen name?
3. How is Jack a contrite son?
(a) He chooses to not listen to his father.
(b) He is not contrite at all.
(c) He pretends to be happy.
(d) He shows his sadness.
4. How does Act 3, Scene 2 begin?
(a) Sir Anthony';s study.
(b) Sir Anthony's receiving room.
(c) Julia's dressing room.
(d) Jack's study.
5. Who does Lucius kiss?
(b) Mrs. Malaprop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the quote: "Our suit and ....
2. What is an empire?
3. What is Lucy receiving bribes for doing?
4. Who is courting Julia?
5. What must Julia frequently do?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Jack does speak, what does he do?
2. What does Sheridan wish to prove about the Comedy of Manners?
3. Does Jack impress Mrs. Malaprop when they finally meet?
4. Does Jack show interest when Sir Absolute explains who he will marry?
5. Who is Lydia's cousin?
6. When was the prologue added to the play?
7. What don't the two men realize?
8. What is Acres discussing with his servant, David?
9. Who does Captain Absolute bribe?
10. Why does Mrs Malaprop interrupt the meeting?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)