|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sir Absolute in Bath?
(a) To heal a case of gout.
(b) To see his son.
(c) To overcome a fever.
(d) To see his wife.
2. Upon his exit what does Sir Absolute do?
(a) Screams at Fag.
(b) thumps Fag on the head.
(c) yells at Jack.
(d) threatens to disinherit Jack.
3. What was occurring in English culture and literature as Sheridan wrote the play?
(a) A new styles or wiriting plays.
(b) The Black Plague totally killed the evolution of culture.
(c) When Sheridan wrote THE RIVALS, there was great debate about what type of drama should fill the English stage.
(d) The fashions and styles.
4. What does the sergeant at law claim when he is given this item?
(a) He would like another peice of chocolate.
(b) That he cannot see the paper.
(c) He would like to quit his job.
(d) He wishes for more money .
5. What does Acres confide in Jack?
(a) He is in love with Julia.
(b) He has been improving himself to impress Lydia.
(c) He does not love Lydia.
(d) He is in love with a servant girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an arranged proposal?
2. What news does Lucy give Fag?
3. Where is Lucy at the beginning of Act 2 Scene 2?
4. What does the play exhibit?
5. Who has Thomas brought to Bath?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Malaprop misuse often?
2. How does Faulkland react when he finds out how Julia has been fairing?
3. Is Sir Absolute wary of Jack's sudden desire to please him?
4. Where does Lucy meet Sir Lucius?
5. What does Mrs Malaprop inform Jack of?
6. What does Thomas like to wear?
7. Does Lydia approve of Mr. Faulkland?
8. Is Jack worried about being killed?
9. Does Jack impress Mrs. Malaprop when they finally meet?
10. What does Jack say to Lydia when he sees her during his visit?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)