|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Fag headed at the end of the scene?
(a) to see his lover.
(b) To see Faulkland.
(c) to gamble and drink.
(d) He goes to tell his master who is "rival" is.
2. What does Sir Absolute have for Jack?
(a) a question.
(c) a solution.
(d) a proposition.
3. How does the play begin?
(a) With an attorney bribing a sergeant at law.
(b) In Bath on a sunny afternoon.
(c) At a party in London .
(d) With two lovers quarreling .
4. What does Sir Absolute fail to mention?
(a) That he is in love with Mrs Malaprop.
(b) That he wishes he could be young again.
(c) That he wishes Jack was not his son.
(d) That the heiress is Lydia .
5. What other word does Mrs. Malaprop's note confuse?
(a) superfluous with superficial.
(b) life and love.
(c) wrong and right.
(d) liked and loathed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sheridan invite the audience to do?
2. Who has Mrs. Malaprop been corresponding with?
3. What is an empire?
4. What does Lucius think Lydia is?
5. What must Julia frequently do?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Jack does speak, what does he do?
2. Where does Lucy meet Sir Lucius?
3. What does Jack say to Lydia when he sees her during his visit?
4. What does Mrs Malaprop inform Jack of?
5. Where does Faulkland wait for Julia?
6. What does Faukland lie about?
7. How does the play begin?
8. Why does the audience not feel sorry for Fag?
9. Why has Lucius come to Bath?
10. What does SIr Anthony see in Jack's jacket?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)