|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julia fall in love with?
(a) Faulkland's tragic romantic fantasies.
(b) Fualkland's words.
(c) Faulkland's eyes.
(d) Faulkland's hands.
2. What does Sir Absolute fail to mention?
(a) That he wishes he could be young again.
(b) That he is in love with Mrs Malaprop.
(c) That he wishes Jack was not his son.
(d) That the heiress is Lydia .
3. Does Sheridan believe all plays should have a moral point of view?
(b) Sometimes, depending on the subject matter.
(d) Yes because it is the only way to see the errors of our ways.
4. Who is Captain Absolute courting?
(a) Linda Languish.
(b) Lucinda Languish.
(c) Lydia Languish.
(d) Lucy Languish.
5. What does Faulkland lack?
(a) love for Julia.
(b) the ability to be mad at Julia.
(c) realtistic romantic ideas.
(d) a sense of humor.
Short Answer Questions
1. By bribing the sergeant at law, who is Sheridan also bribing?
2. What does Julia discuss in the second part of the prologue?
3. How does the play begin?
4. What does he call the audience?
5. What makes Julia cry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs Malaprop inform Jack of?
2. What does Lucius talk Acres into?
3. How does Sheridan immediately begin his story?
4. Does Lydia approve of Mr. Faulkland?
5. Why does Lucius decide to challenge Jack?
6. What does Faulkland promise Julia?
7. Did Sheridan ever rewrite the script? If so, why did he rewrite the script?
8. Why does Faulkland consistently stay tortured?
9. What does Faukland lie about?
10. What does the audience learn about Sir Absolute's marriage?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)