|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an accomplishment for this play?
(a) That is ran 10 nights.
(b) the play ran for 5 years.
(c) It ran for 10 years.
(d) The play ran for 5 months.
2. What does Jack learn about his parents?
(a) They had a marriage of convenience.
(b) They wish they wouldnt have had a son.
(c) They had a love match.
(d) They did not want to marry one another.
3. What is Captain Absolute's disguise?
(a) an old maid.
(b) a poor enlisted soldier.
(c) an old man.
(d) a woman.
4. What can Sheridan be found guilty of?
(a) writing a horrible play .
(b) being a very sad drama.
(c) making the audience feel morally inept .
(d) a bad atempt to please.
5. Who has Lydia lost?
(a) Aunt Malaprop.
(b) her mother.
(c) Ensign Beverly.
(d) her dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. By bribing the sergeant at law, who is Sheridan also bribing?
2. What other word does Mrs. Malaprop's note confuse?
3. Where do the two servants meet?
4. What is being judged?
5. What is an empire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Did Sheridan ever rewrite the script? If so, why did he rewrite the script?
2. What does Jack say to Lydia when he sees her during his visit?
3. What does Sheridan wish to prove about the Comedy of Manners?
4. What is Acres discussing with his servant, David?
5. Does Lydia forgive and forget?
6. What is set up at the end of this section?
7. Who are the letters Lucy delivers really from?
8. Who is Lydia's cousin?
9. What does the audience learn about Sir Absolute's marriage?
10. How does the play begin?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)