|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has Lydia lost?
(a) her dog.
(b) Ensign Beverly.
(c) Aunt Malaprop.
(d) her mother.
2. What is Sir Absolute's ward's name?
3. What does Lucius think Lydia is?
(a) a misguided youth.
(b) A loose woman.
(c) an old soul.
(d) A mistress of language.
4. What must Julia frequently do?
(a) Listen to the advice of others.
(b) Go into town.
(c) Assure Faulkland of her love.
(d) Touch up her makeup.
5. What does Mrs. Malaprop's note confuse?
(a) induction with seduction.
(b) critiques and compliments .
(c) love with lust.
(d) longing and loathing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of love does Julia offer?
2. Finish the quote: "Can a comedy...."
3. Who is Captain Absolute courting?
4. What will happen if Jack refuses?
5. Who has Mrs. Malaprop been corresponding with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Faulkland admit to Julia?
2. Why does the audience not feel sorry for Fag?
3. What does Mrs. Malaprop misuse often?
4. When Mrs. Malaprop, Sir Absolute, Jack and Lydia are all in the same room, why does Jack refuse to speak?
5. What does Mrs Malaprop inform Jack of?
6. What is Acres discussing with his servant, David?
7. What does Julia ask the audience about a comedy?
8. Who does Captain Absolute bribe?
9. How does Sheridan immediately begin his story?
10. Who presents the prologue of the play to the audience?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)