|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucy gives Lucius?
(a) a scarf.
(b) A note supposedly written by Lydia.
(c) A token of her love.
(d) A handkerchief .
2. Where does Act I, Scene II take place?
(a) In Sir Anthony's town house.
(b) The dressing room of Lydia's Aunt Malaprop.
(c) In the living room.
(d) In Julia's bedroom.
3. What is Faukland's love?
(a) self serving.
4. How does Fag exit?
(a) He trips and falls.
(b) He writes a letter .
(c) He hits the young messenger boy.
(d) He yells at Jack.
5. What does the play exhibit?
(a) the lyricism of Sheridan's tones.
(b) the shared human condition.
(c) Sheridan's humorous writing style.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sergeant at law claim when he is given this item?
2. What is an arranged proposal?
3. How does the lawyer get the sergeant at law to accept the paper?
4. What will happen if Jack refuses?
5. Does Fag inform Jack about his intended?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who presents the prologue of the play to the audience?
2. Why is Mr. Faulkland worried about Julia?
3. Is Lydia happy to discover that she can now marry her Beverly?
4. Why does Mrs Malaprop interrupt the meeting?
5. What does Faulkland promise Julia?
6. What does Faulkland admit to Julia?
7. Does Jack show interest when Sir Absolute explains who he will marry?
8. Is Jack excited that Lydia turns out to be his betrothed?
9. Why does Lucius decide to challenge Jack?
10. What else does Acres ask of Jack, but Jack refuses to do?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)