|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lucy receiving bribes for doing?
(a) Creating stories about the people around her.
(b) Plotting Lydia/Beverly elopement and delivering messages from Beverly to Lydia.
(c) Having an affair with Jack.
(d) Keeping secrets .
2. What is an arranged proposal?
(a) Marrying someone a person does not know or love.
(b) An arranged love match.
(c) Whe two people love each other very much.
(d) When two people decide to marry.
3. Who is courting Julia?
(a) Mr. Faulkland.
(c) Jack .
(d) Sir Lucius.
4. What does the play exhibit?
(a) the lyricism of Sheridan's tones.
(b) the shared human condition.
(c) Sheridan's humorous writing style.
5. What does Jack do as he exits the stage?
(a) Yells at Fag.
(b) Slams his fist into his chest.
(c) Curses at his father.
(d) Pushes Fag out of the way.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Fag headed at the end of the scene?
2. Why is Sir Absolute in Bath?
3. How does Act 3, Scene 2 begin?
4. Who scolds Lucy on passing notes?
5. What will Lydia lose if she marries Beverly?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sheridan immediately begin his story?
2. When Jack does speak, what does he do?
3. Why is Acres confused when he arrives at the duel site?
4. What does Mrs. Malaprop misuse often?
5. Where does Faulkland wait for Julia?
6. How does the play begin?
7. What does the epilogue address?
8. Why does Mrs Malaprop interrupt the meeting?
9. Does Lydia forgive and forget?
10. What does Jack say to Lydia when he sees her during his visit?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)