|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What don't the two men realize?
(a) They have no idea who Faulkland is.
(b) They both hate Jack.
(c) They are courting the same woman.
(d) They both are in love with Julia.
2. What does Lucius start with Jack?
(a) a conversation.
(b) a freindship.
(c) a quarrel .
(d) a meeting .
3. What do all of the scenes foreshadow?
(a) the middle of the play.
(b) the begining of a new story.
(c) the climax of the story.
(d) the resolution to the story.
4. How does Acres want to approach the duel?
(a) with anger and passion.
(b) with confidence.
(c) with strategy.
(d) very calmly.
5. Where will the duel be held?
(a) Stone Park.
(b) Hallows Hills.
(c) Tower Meadow.
(d) King's Mead Fields.
6. Upon Jack's revelation that he is Beverly, what happens?
(a) Everyone is confused.
(b) Someone screams .
(c) Julia faints.
(d) Acres refuses to fight, but Sir Lucius wishes to duel.
7. Why is Faulkland afraid to open Julia's letter?
(a) He is scared she may be dismissing him.
(b) He thinks she will not forgive him.
(c) Julia never wrote a letter .
(d) He thinks she will forgive too easily.
8. What does Julia beg of Lydia?
(a) To like Faulkland.
(b) To help Lydia and Jack get back together.
(c) Not to dismiss Jack because of his honesty.
(d) For Lydia to love Acres.
9. Where does Act 4, Scene 2 begin?
(a) In the park.
(b) At Sir Anthony's house.
(c) At the duel site.
(d) Mrs. Malaprop's house; Lydia's room .
10. Why is Mrs. Malaprop concerned that Lydia is speaking well of Beverly?
(a) Because she believes Jack and Beverly are two different people.
(b) She is not concerned at all.
(c) She hates Beverly.
(d) She wants Lydia to marry Jack.
11. As Faulkland enters, what does Jack say he will let Sir Lucius do?
(a) Carry him home.
(b) Cut his throat.
(c) Be his friend.
(d) Shoot him.
12. Was Sheridan familiar with courting practices of the time?
(a) Yes, he eloped with a woman he loved.
(b) Yes, he married Elizabeth Linsely .
(c) No, he was forced into marriage.
(d) No, he never married.
13. What does Faulkland tell Julia once they are together?
(a) He does not love her.
(b) He needs to help Jack in a duel.
(c) He wants to leave England .
(d) That he has killed a man and must flee the country.
14. Has Sheridan ever killed someone?
(a) Yes in a duel.
(b) No he was never in a duel.
(c) Yes he posioned his wife.
15. How do the two women leave the room?
(a) They do not leave.
(b) Mrs. Malaprop escorts Lydia out with her hand over her mouth.
(c) Mrs Malaprop makes Beverly/Ensign leave the room .
(d) Lydia fleas the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack persuade Lydia to do?
2. What does David think about honor?
3. Where does Jack wait for Faulkland?
4. Does Mrs. Malaprop wish to cooperate with the plan?
5. Does Mrs. Malaprop decide to forgive Jack?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)