|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Faulkland afraid to open Julia's letter?
(a) He thinks she will not forgive him.
(b) Julia never wrote a letter .
(c) He thinks she will forgive too easily.
(d) He is scared she may be dismissing him.
2. What is funny about this situation?
(a) Acres is extremely serious.
(b) Acres cares more about his clothes than his life.
(c) Beverly does not exist.
(d) Jack is Beverly.
3. How Do Lydia and Jack reveal their thoughts to the rest of the room?
(a) They speak directly to the audience.
(b) They write poems to express their feelings .
(c) They communicate directly to each other.
(d) They do not say how they feel.
4. Does Mrs. Malaprop decide to forgive Jack?
(a) No because she thinks it was a dirty prank .
(b) Yes; she knows that men like pranks.
(c) No, she wants more of an apology.
(d) Yes because she thinks it was funny .
5. Has Jack's ruse failed?
(a) No, Mrs Malaprop loves him .
(b) Yes, and his father is very angry.
(c) Yes, Lydia is hurt.
(d) No, Lydia loves him.
6. What does Lucius prompt Acres to do?
(a) Go after Julia.
(b) Fight for the heart of Lydia.
(c) Declare a duel on Beverly.
(d) Leave London.
7. What do the women decide to do?
(a) Create a diversion.
(b) Care for each other.
(c) Go to the duel site and stop the men from killing each other.
(d) Stay at home.
8. Does Mrs. Malaprop wish to cooperate with the plan?
(a) No because she wants Jack for herself .
(d) Only if it suits her.
9. Where does Act 4, Scene 2 begin?
(a) Mrs. Malaprop's house; Lydia's room .
(b) At the duel site.
(c) At Sir Anthony's house.
(d) In the park.
10. When is the duel planned for?
(a) a week from now
(b) 2 weeks from now.
(c) This evening.
(d) In the morning.
11. What does David think about honor?
(a) That it is very important.
(b) That he has none.
(c) That it is no good in the grave.
(d) That his master has no honor.
12. Was Sheridan familiar with courting practices of the time?
(a) No, he never married.
(b) No, he was forced into marriage.
(c) Yes, he married Elizabeth Linsely .
(d) Yes, he eloped with a woman he loved.
13. How does Lydia feel about the situation?
(a) She feels she must discuss with Julia.
(b) Like her ego has been squashed .
(c) Her heart has turned cold toward Beverly.
(d) She is thrilled and wants to marry Jack.
14. What is Jack ready to do?
(a) Beg for Lydia to come back to him.
(b) Cut his own throat.
(c) Leave the country.
(d) Court Julia.
15. What does Mrs Malaprop call Jack?
(a) a nice lady.
(b) a charming you gent.
(c) a sweet toy.
(d) pineapple of politeness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack persuade Lydia to do?
2. What is Jack's explanation for his sword?
3. How do the two women leave the room?
4. Where are all the main characters at the end of this scene?
5. Where does Acres send David?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)