|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Acres discussing with his servant?
(a) Lydia's beauty.
(b) His dapper new clothes.
(c) his school.
(d) his new past time.
2. Has Sheridan ever killed someone?
(b) No he was never in a duel.
(c) Yes he posioned his wife.
(d) Yes in a duel.
3. When is the duel planned for?
(a) 2 weeks from now.
(b) a week from now
(c) This evening.
(d) In the morning.
4. Who does Jack pretend to be as he sees his father arrive?
(a) Mr. Anderson.
(b) Mr. Dwight.
(c) Mr. Sanderson.
(d) Mr Hughes.
5. What does Sir Lucius hear as he sees Jack approaching?
(a) Jack speaking to himself.
(b) Jack drinking at a bar.
(c) Jack swearing in front of children .
(d) Jack talking to women.
6. What does Sir Anthony think of the ruse his son has put on?
(a) He hates Jack for the prank.
(b) He does not understand why Jack has played the trick.
(c) He thinks it's funny.
(d) He thinks Lydia is a silly girl to not love his son.
7. What is funny about this situation?
(a) Acres is extremely serious.
(b) Acres cares more about his clothes than his life.
(c) Jack is Beverly.
(d) Beverly does not exist.
8. Where does the Act 4, Scene 3 open?
(a) On the beach.
(b) In the park.
(c) At a horse show.
(d) On the North Parade.
9. What does Julia do when she finds out that the lie was a test?
(a) gives up .
(b) Throws her arms around Faulkalnd.
(c) fleas the scene.
(d) She breaks off the engagement because she cannot stand the testing.
10. How does Lydia feel about the situation?
(a) Like her ego has been squashed .
(b) Her heart has turned cold toward Beverly.
(c) She feels she must discuss with Julia.
(d) She is thrilled and wants to marry Jack.
11. What does Faulkland tell Julia once they are together?
(a) That he has killed a man and must flee the country.
(b) He wants to leave England .
(c) He does not love her.
(d) He needs to help Jack in a duel.
12. What do all of the scenes foreshadow?
(a) the begining of a new story.
(b) the resolution to the story.
(c) the middle of the play.
(d) the climax of the story.
13. Who does Mrs. Malaprop tell Jack about?
(a) Lydia's love for romance novels.
(b) Lydia's love for letters.
(c) Lydia's incompetence.
(d) Jack's rival, Beverly .
14. How does Julia react to Faulkland's fake news?
(a) She promises to be with him no matter what.
(b) She calls of the engagement.
(c) Runs home.
(d) tells Lydia.
15. How does Acres feel the letter should be written?
(a) in blood.
(c) in a cold distant voice.
(d) very mean.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would Sir Lucius like to settle the quarrel?
2. Which scene is the most comical?
3. Who goes to visit Acres?
4. Why does Lydia refuse to see Sir and Captain Absolute?
5. What does Mrs Malaprop call Jack?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)