|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the women decide to do?
(a) Create a diversion.
(b) Care for each other.
(c) Go to the duel site and stop the men from killing each other.
(d) Stay at home.
2. Who does Jack pretend to be as he sees his father arrive?
(a) Mr. Sanderson.
(b) Mr. Anderson.
(c) Mr. Dwight.
(d) Mr Hughes.
3. What does the audience begin to wonder?
(a) How the three men will resolve their love quarrels.
(b) Why the three men do not communicate better.
(c) Why Lydia does not choose her own husband.
(d) Why Jack has told the truth.
4. Who goes to visit Acres?
(d) Lucius O-Trigger.
5. Has Sheridan ever killed someone?
(a) No he was never in a duel.
(b) Yes he posioned his wife.
(d) Yes in a duel.
6. Who does Acres get to deliver the challenge?
(b) a stranger.
(c) His friend, Jack Absolute.
(d) Lydia .
7. What does Beverly boast about in his letters?
(a) His love for Lydia.
(b) Acres is ignorant.
(c) That Jack is a dumb rich boy.
(d) That he will use Mrs. Malaprop as a go-between for their meetings.
8. Where does Scene 4 take place?
(a) At Jack's home.
(b) At Sir Anthony's house.
(c) In Lucius' lodgings.
(d) In Acres' lodgings.
9. When is the duel planned for?
(a) In the morning.
(b) 2 weeks from now.
(c) This evening.
(d) a week from now
10. Why is Jack so forlorn?
(a) He has lost all his money.
(b) Faulkland no longer will speak with him .
(c) He lost in title.
(d) Lydia has rejected him.
11. What don't the two men realize?
(a) They both are in love with Julia.
(b) They have no idea who Faulkland is.
(c) They are courting the same woman.
(d) They both hate Jack.
12. What does Jack say he will call Acres?
(a) Fighting Bob.
(b) Flailing Bob.
(c) Flagging Bob.
(d) Failure Bob.
13. Why does Lydia refuse to see Sir and Captain Absolute?
(a) She hates herself for misunderstanding Jack.
(b) Because she swears her love to Beverly.
(c) She feels sickly.
(d) She cannot get over her ego.
14. What is amazing in this scene?
(a) That no one is speaking up to understand what is going on.
(b) That a smart man like Sir Anthony can always be fooled .
(c) Where the duel is taking place.
(d) How Jack can constantly surpirse his father .
15. What does Lydia throw at Jack?
(a) The picture she thought was of Beverly.
(b) Her necklace Jack gave her.
(c) All of Jack's letters.
(d) One of her romance novels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David think about honor?
2. How do the women stop the fight?
3. What does Julia beg of Lydia?
4. Where does the Act 4, Scene 3 open?
5. How does Lydia feel about the situation?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)