|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julia do when she finds out that the lie was a test?
(a) Throws her arms around Faulkalnd.
(b) gives up .
(c) She breaks off the engagement because she cannot stand the testing.
(d) fleas the scene.
2. How Do Lydia and Jack reveal their thoughts to the rest of the room?
(a) They do not say how they feel.
(b) They write poems to express their feelings .
(c) They speak directly to the audience.
(d) They communicate directly to each other.
3. What is Jack's explanation for his sword?
(a) He is going to duel.
(b) He is praciticing his fencing techniques.
(c) He wants to kill himself .
(d) That he is wooing Lydia with her romantic tendencies.
4. Where does Acres send David?
(a) To the post office.
(b) To see Lydia.
(c) To get Jack.
(d) To buy new clothes.
5. What else does Acres ask of Jack?
(a) For him to be a great friend.
(b) For him to be his second in the duel.
(c) For Jack to get him a new outfit.
(d) Jack's opinion on his new clothes.
6. What can't Lydia see through her anger?
(a) She has no imagination.
(b) She is too influenced by what she reads.
(c) That Jack loves her .
(d) That Beverly and Jack are actually the same man.
7. Where will the duel be held?
(a) King's Mead Fields.
(b) Hallows Hills.
(c) Tower Meadow.
(d) Stone Park.
8. Why does Jack refuse to speak?
(a) Jack is not in this scene.
(b) His throat hurts.
(c) Because Lydia will know that Jack is Beverly.
(d) He feels self conscience.
9. Was Sheridan familiar with courting practices of the time?
(a) No, he never married.
(b) No, he was forced into marriage.
(c) Yes, he married Elizabeth Linsely .
(d) Yes, he eloped with a woman he loved.
10. Upon Jack's revelation that he is Beverly, what happens?
(a) Everyone is confused.
(b) Someone screams .
(c) Julia faints.
(d) Acres refuses to fight, but Sir Lucius wishes to duel.
11. What is funny about this situation?
(a) Jack is Beverly.
(b) Acres cares more about his clothes than his life.
(c) Acres is extremely serious.
(d) Beverly does not exist.
12. What had Acres not considered concerning the duel?
(a) He might kill someone.
(b) That he might die.
(c) He does not know how to hold a gun.
(d) That David would not be there .
13. Where does the Act 4, Scene 3 open?
(a) On the beach.
(b) At a horse show.
(c) In the park.
(d) On the North Parade.
14. Why is Mrs. Malaprop concerned that Lydia is speaking well of Beverly?
(a) She is not concerned at all.
(b) She hates Beverly.
(c) She wants Lydia to marry Jack.
(d) Because she believes Jack and Beverly are two different people.
15. What does the viewer wonder?
(a) How Sheridan feels.
(b) Where Jack is going.
(c) What Jack is thinking.
(d) How Acres feels.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Faulkland enters, what does Jack say he will let Sir Lucius do?
2. What does Acres call David?
3. Why is Faulkland afraid to open Julia's letter?
4. What does David think about honor?
5. Why is Lydia stunned to meet the new suitor?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)