|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the viewer wonder?
(a) How Sheridan feels.
(b) Where Jack is going.
(c) What Jack is thinking.
(d) How Acres feels.
2. What happens at the end of their conversation?
(a) Jack pleads for Lydia's forgiveness.
(b) Lydia bursts into tears.
(c) Sir Anthony calls for amends.
(d) Lydia laughs hysterically.
3. Why is Lydia stunned to meet the new suitor?
(a) Beverly seems to be her new suitor .
(b) She was never supposed to marry anyone.
(c) She wants to die a widow.
(d) She wishes she was with Acres.
4. What does Jack say he will call Acres?
(a) Failure Bob.
(b) Flagging Bob.
(c) Flailing Bob.
(d) Fighting Bob.
5. Who writes the challenge to Beverly?
(b) Jack Absolute.
6. Who does Mrs. Malaprop tell Jack about?
(a) Lydia's incompetence.
(b) Lydia's love for letters.
(c) Lydia's love for romance novels.
(d) Jack's rival, Beverly .
7. When is the duel planned for?
(a) a week from now
(b) 2 weeks from now.
(c) This evening.
(d) In the morning.
8. Has Jack's ruse failed?
(a) Yes, Lydia is hurt.
(b) Yes, and his father is very angry.
(c) No, Lydia loves him.
(d) No, Mrs Malaprop loves him .
9. What can't Lydia see through her anger?
(a) That Beverly and Jack are actually the same man.
(b) She has no imagination.
(c) That Jack loves her .
(d) She is too influenced by what she reads.
10. What is funny about this situation?
(a) Jack is Beverly.
(b) Beverly does not exist.
(c) Acres is extremely serious.
(d) Acres cares more about his clothes than his life.
11. Who informs Julia and Lydia of the impending duels?
(a) Acres .
(c) Sir Anthony.
(d) Mrs. Malaprop.
12. What does Faulkland tell Julia once they are together?
(a) He does not love her.
(b) He wants to leave England .
(c) He needs to help Jack in a duel.
(d) That he has killed a man and must flee the country.
13. What does the audience begin to wonder?
(a) Why Jack has told the truth.
(b) Why Lydia does not choose her own husband.
(c) Why the three men do not communicate better.
(d) How the three men will resolve their love quarrels.
14. What does Sir Lucius do when he learns that Mrs. Malaprop is not Lydia?
(a) Declares his love.
(b) Wishes to get to know her better.
(c) Does not believe the reavalation .
(d) Refuses Delia/Mrs Malaprop's advances.
15. How does Lydia feel like she was treated?
(a) Like a teenager.
(b) As though she has no feelings.
(c) Like a smart woman.
(d) Like a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Acres feel the letter should be written?
2. Who tells Sir Anthony about the duel?
3. How does Julia react to Faulkland's fake news?
4. How would Sir Lucius like to settle the quarrel?
5. How does Lydia feel about the situation?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)