|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Acres want to approach the duel?
(a) with strategy.
(b) very calmly.
(c) with confidence.
(d) with anger and passion.
2. What does Sir Lucius do when he learns that Mrs. Malaprop is not Lydia?
(a) Wishes to get to know her better.
(b) Refuses Delia/Mrs Malaprop's advances.
(c) Does not believe the reavalation .
(d) Declares his love.
3. What time is the duel set for?
(a) 6:00 pm.
(b) it is not happening.
(c) 9:00 am .
(d) 12:00 am.
4. What don't the two men realize?
(a) They both are in love with Julia.
(b) They have no idea who Faulkland is.
(c) They both hate Jack.
(d) They are courting the same woman.
5. How does Lydia feel about the situation?
(a) Like her ego has been squashed .
(b) Her heart has turned cold toward Beverly.
(c) She feels she must discuss with Julia.
(d) She is thrilled and wants to marry Jack.
6. Where does Act 4, Scene 2 begin?
(a) At Sir Anthony's house.
(b) Mrs. Malaprop's house; Lydia's room .
(c) At the duel site.
(d) In the park.
7. What does Sir Anthony believe about Julia and Faulkland?
(a) Faulkland will not change.
(b) Jack would have been a better husband.
(c) Faulkland will leave Julia.
(d) That Julia will mend Faulkland.
8. What can't Lydia see through her anger?
(a) That Jack loves her .
(b) She has no imagination.
(c) That Beverly and Jack are actually the same man.
(d) She is too influenced by what she reads.
9. Why is Faulkland afraid to open Julia's letter?
(a) Julia never wrote a letter .
(b) He thinks she will forgive too easily.
(c) He is scared she may be dismissing him.
(d) He thinks she will not forgive him.
10. Who tells Sir Anthony about the duel?
(c) Mrs Malaprop.
11. As Faulkland enters, what does Jack say he will let Sir Lucius do?
(a) Be his friend.
(b) Shoot him.
(c) Carry him home.
(d) Cut his throat.
12. What does Sir Lucius hear as he sees Jack approaching?
(a) Jack speaking to himself.
(b) Jack talking to women.
(c) Jack drinking at a bar.
(d) Jack swearing in front of children .
13. What does the audience begin to wonder?
(a) Why Jack has told the truth.
(b) Why the three men do not communicate better.
(c) How the three men will resolve their love quarrels.
(d) Why Lydia does not choose her own husband.
14. Who tries to talk Acres out of the duel?
(a) Acres' father.
(c) His servant, David.
15. How does Acres feel the letter should be written?
(a) in a cold distant voice.
(b) very mean.
(c) in blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beverly boast about in his letters?
2. What does Julia beg of Lydia?
3. What do the women decide to do?
4. How does Lydia feel like she was treated?
5. When is the duel planned for?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)