|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the viewer wonder?
(a) What Jack is thinking.
(b) How Acres feels.
(c) How Sheridan feels.
(d) Where Jack is going.
2. Where does Jack wait for Faulkland?
(a) On the South Parade.
(b) On the North Parade.
(c) on the beach .
(d) In the park.
3. Who writes the challenge to Beverly?
(c) Jack Absolute.
4. How does Lydia feel like she was treated?
(a) Like a smart woman.
(b) Like a child.
(c) As though she has no feelings.
(d) Like a teenager.
5. Why is Faulkland afraid to open Julia's letter?
(a) He is scared she may be dismissing him.
(b) He thinks she will forgive too easily.
(c) Julia never wrote a letter .
(d) He thinks she will not forgive him.
6. What does Beverly boast about in his letters?
(a) Acres is ignorant.
(b) That he will use Mrs. Malaprop as a go-between for their meetings.
(c) His love for Lydia.
(d) That Jack is a dumb rich boy.
7. What does Sir Lucius hear as he sees Jack approaching?
(a) Jack swearing in front of children .
(b) Jack talking to women.
(c) Jack drinking at a bar.
(d) Jack speaking to himself.
8. What word does Mrs. Malaprop misuse in this section?
(d) Popsicle .
9. How do the two women leave the room?
(a) They do not leave.
(b) Mrs Malaprop makes Beverly/Ensign leave the room .
(c) Lydia fleas the room.
(d) Mrs. Malaprop escorts Lydia out with her hand over her mouth.
10. Was Sheridan familiar with courting practices of the time?
(a) Yes, he eloped with a woman he loved.
(b) Yes, he married Elizabeth Linsely .
(c) No, he was forced into marriage.
(d) No, he never married.
11. Who tells Sir Anthony about the duel?
(b) Mrs Malaprop.
12. How does Acres feel the letter should be written?
(a) very mean.
(b) in a cold distant voice.
(d) in blood.
13. Where does Acres send David?
(a) To the post office.
(b) To get Jack.
(c) To see Lydia.
(d) To buy new clothes.
14. Why does Lydia refuse to see Sir and Captain Absolute?
(a) She cannot get over her ego.
(b) She hates herself for misunderstanding Jack.
(c) She feels sickly.
(d) Because she swears her love to Beverly.
15. Where does the Act 4, Scene 3 open?
(a) In the park.
(b) At a horse show.
(c) On the North Parade.
(d) On the beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Lucius do when he learns that Mrs. Malaprop is not Lydia?
2. What time is the duel set for?
3. What does Faulkland tell Julia once they are together?
4. Has Sheridan ever killed someone?
5. What don't the two men realize?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)