|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is the duel set for?
(a) 6:00 pm.
(b) 9:00 am .
(c) 12:00 am.
(d) it is not happening.
2. Why does Jack refuse to speak?
(a) Jack is not in this scene.
(b) Because Lydia will know that Jack is Beverly.
(c) His throat hurts.
(d) He feels self conscience.
3. Who does Jack pretend to be as he sees his father arrive?
(a) Mr. Sanderson.
(b) Mr. Dwight.
(c) Mr. Anderson.
(d) Mr Hughes.
4. Where does Acres send David?
(a) To see Lydia.
(b) To the post office.
(c) To buy new clothes.
(d) To get Jack.
5. Why does Julia take Faulkland back?
(a) Because she sees he is not so sullen at the duel.
(b) He begs her for forgiveness.
(c) He is sullen.
(d) She wants to be with him.
6. How does Lydia feel about the situation?
(a) She is thrilled and wants to marry Jack.
(b) Her heart has turned cold toward Beverly.
(c) She feels she must discuss with Julia.
(d) Like her ego has been squashed .
7. What is funny about this situation?
(a) Beverly does not exist.
(b) Jack is Beverly.
(c) Acres is extremely serious.
(d) Acres cares more about his clothes than his life.
8. What does Lucius mention while leaving the scene?
(a) That he should also duel with Beverly.
(b) He should get his hair cut.
(c) He hates Jack.
(d) He must continue to woo his lady.
9. What do all of the scenes foreshadow?
(a) the climax of the story.
(b) the begining of a new story.
(c) the resolution to the story.
(d) the middle of the play.
10. Which scene is the most comical?
(a) Scene 4.
(b) Scene 3.
(c) Scene 1.
(d) Scene 2.
11. Where does Jack wait for Faulkland?
(a) On the South Parade.
(b) on the beach .
(c) On the North Parade.
(d) In the park.
12. What did Sherdian experience in his own life?
(a) writing poetry.
(b) the love of women.
13. What does Julia's letter say?
(a) She is worried for Faulkland.
(b) She wishes to speak to Faulkland .
(c) She is worried for herself.
(d) That she completely forgives Faulkland and must see him as soon as possible.
14. How would Sir Lucius like to settle the quarrel?
(a) with an intervention.
(b) In a duel.
(c) a freindly game .
(d) an honest conversation.
15. What don't the two men realize?
(a) They have no idea who Faulkland is.
(b) They both hate Jack.
(c) They are courting the same woman.
(d) They both are in love with Julia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the viewer wonder?
2. What does Jack realize about Lydia?
3. What does Lucius start with Jack?
4. How does Acres feel the letter should be written?
5. As Faulkland enters, what does Jack say he will let Sir Lucius do?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)