|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Acres feel the letter should be written?
(a) in a cold distant voice.
(c) very mean.
(d) in blood.
2. How does Acres want to approach the duel?
(a) very calmly.
(b) with confidence.
(c) with strategy.
(d) with anger and passion.
3. What does Beverly boast about in his letters?
(a) His love for Lydia.
(b) Acres is ignorant.
(c) That he will use Mrs. Malaprop as a go-between for their meetings.
(d) That Jack is a dumb rich boy.
4. What word does Mrs. Malaprop misuse in this section?
(c) Popsicle .
5. What does Lucius start with Jack?
(a) a quarrel .
(b) a freindship.
(c) a meeting .
(d) a conversation.
6. Upon Jack's revelation that he is Beverly, what happens?
(a) Julia faints.
(b) Everyone is confused.
(c) Someone screams .
(d) Acres refuses to fight, but Sir Lucius wishes to duel.
7. What does Mrs Malaprop call Jack?
(a) a sweet toy.
(b) a nice lady.
(c) a charming you gent.
(d) pineapple of politeness.
8. Who writes the challenge to Beverly?
(b) Jack Absolute.
9. What does Sir Anthony believe about Julia and Faulkland?
(a) Faulkland will not change.
(b) Jack would have been a better husband.
(c) That Julia will mend Faulkland.
(d) Faulkland will leave Julia.
10. What does Lucius prompt Acres to do?
(a) Fight for the heart of Lydia.
(b) Go after Julia.
(c) Declare a duel on Beverly.
(d) Leave London.
11. When is the duel planned for?
(a) 2 weeks from now.
(b) This evening.
(c) a week from now
(d) In the morning.
12. What does Julia beg of Lydia?
(a) To help Lydia and Jack get back together.
(b) For Lydia to love Acres.
(c) Not to dismiss Jack because of his honesty.
(d) To like Faulkland.
13. Which scene is the most comical?
(a) Scene 3.
(b) Scene 2.
(c) Scene 4.
(d) Scene 1.
14. What is Jack's explanation for his sword?
(a) That he is wooing Lydia with her romantic tendencies.
(b) He wants to kill himself .
(c) He is going to duel.
(d) He is praciticing his fencing techniques.
15. What does Lucius mention while leaving the scene?
(a) He hates Jack.
(b) That he should also duel with Beverly.
(c) He must continue to woo his lady.
(d) He should get his hair cut.
Short Answer Questions
1. Has Jack's ruse failed?
2. Where are all the main characters at the end of this scene?
3. What does Jack realize about Lydia?
4. How does Julia react to Faulkland's fake news?
5. Who informs Julia and Lydia of the impending duels?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)