|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does Acres ask of Jack?
(a) For him to be a great friend.
(b) Jack's opinion on his new clothes.
(c) For Jack to get him a new outfit.
(d) For him to be his second in the duel.
2. How Do Lydia and Jack reveal their thoughts to the rest of the room?
(a) They communicate directly to each other.
(b) They write poems to express their feelings .
(c) They speak directly to the audience.
(d) They do not say how they feel.
3. What does Jack realize about Lydia?
(a) She has betrayed their correspondence.
(b) He wishes to break the engagement.
(c) She is even more beautiful than he remembered.
(d) He does not love her.
4. How does Lydia feel about the situation?
(a) Like her ego has been squashed .
(b) Her heart has turned cold toward Beverly.
(c) She feels she must discuss with Julia.
(d) She is thrilled and wants to marry Jack.
5. What does Faulkland tell Julia once they are together?
(a) He does not love her.
(b) That he has killed a man and must flee the country.
(c) He wants to leave England .
(d) He needs to help Jack in a duel.
6. What is Jack's explanation for his sword?
(a) He is praciticing his fencing techniques.
(b) He wants to kill himself .
(c) He is going to duel.
(d) That he is wooing Lydia with her romantic tendencies.
7. What does Acres call David?
(a) a coward.
(b) a close friend.
(c) a brother.
(d) a good servant.
8. What does Julia do when she finds out that the lie was a test?
(a) gives up .
(b) fleas the scene.
(c) She breaks off the engagement because she cannot stand the testing.
(d) Throws her arms around Faulkalnd.
9. Why does Jack refuse to speak?
(a) He feels self conscience.
(b) Because Lydia will know that Jack is Beverly.
(c) His throat hurts.
(d) Jack is not in this scene.
10. Does Mrs. Malaprop wish to cooperate with the plan?
(b) Only if it suits her.
(d) No because she wants Jack for herself .
11. What is funny about this situation?
(a) Acres cares more about his clothes than his life.
(b) Jack is Beverly.
(c) Acres is extremely serious.
(d) Beverly does not exist.
12. What does Sir Anthony believe about Julia and Faulkland?
(a) Jack would have been a better husband.
(b) That Julia will mend Faulkland.
(c) Faulkland will leave Julia.
(d) Faulkland will not change.
13. Where does Jack wait for Faulkland?
(a) On the North Parade.
(b) on the beach .
(c) In the park.
(d) On the South Parade.
14. Why does Lydia refuse to see Sir and Captain Absolute?
(a) She feels sickly.
(b) She cannot get over her ego.
(c) Because she swears her love to Beverly.
(d) She hates herself for misunderstanding Jack.
15. What does Julia's letter say?
(a) That she completely forgives Faulkland and must see him as soon as possible.
(b) She wishes to speak to Faulkland .
(c) She is worried for Faulkland.
(d) She is worried for herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who informs Julia and Lydia of the impending duels?
2. What had Acres not considered concerning the duel?
3. Why is Mrs. Malaprop concerned that Lydia is speaking well of Beverly?
4. Who does Jack pretend to be as he sees his father arrive?
5. Who tells Sir Anthony about the duel?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)