|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Was Sheridan familiar with courting practices of the time?
(a) No, he never married.
(b) Yes, he married Elizabeth Linsely .
(c) Yes, he eloped with a woman he loved.
(d) No, he was forced into marriage.
2. What does Jack persuade Lydia to do?
(a) be his mistress.
(b) run away with him .
(c) not marry Beverly.
(d) not marry Jack.
3. What does Acres call David?
(a) a good servant.
(b) a brother.
(c) a close friend.
(d) a coward.
4. Where does Jack wait for Faulkland?
(a) on the beach .
(b) On the North Parade.
(c) On the South Parade.
(d) In the park.
5. What does Jack propose to Mrs. Malaprop?
(a) For Jack and Lydia to elope.
(b) For Lydia and Beverly to try to elope.
(c) That he and Mrs Malaprop elope.
(d) That he challenge Beverly to a duel.
6. How would Sir Lucius like to settle the quarrel?
(a) with an intervention.
(b) an honest conversation.
(c) In a duel.
(d) a freindly game .
7. Who does Jack pretend to be as he sees his father arrive?
(a) Mr. Sanderson.
(b) Mr. Anderson.
(c) Mr Hughes.
(d) Mr. Dwight.
8. How does Julia react to Faulkland's fake news?
(a) tells Lydia.
(b) She promises to be with him no matter what.
(c) Runs home.
(d) She calls of the engagement.
9. What does Julia's letter say?
(a) That she completely forgives Faulkland and must see him as soon as possible.
(b) She wishes to speak to Faulkland .
(c) She is worried for herself.
(d) She is worried for Faulkland.
10. What don't the two men realize?
(a) They are courting the same woman.
(b) They both are in love with Julia.
(c) They have no idea who Faulkland is.
(d) They both hate Jack.
11. What is amazing in this scene?
(a) How Jack can constantly surpirse his father .
(b) That no one is speaking up to understand what is going on.
(c) That a smart man like Sir Anthony can always be fooled .
(d) Where the duel is taking place.
12. What did Sherdian experience in his own life?
(b) the love of women.
(d) writing poetry.
13. What do all of the scenes foreshadow?
(a) the middle of the play.
(b) the begining of a new story.
(c) the climax of the story.
(d) the resolution to the story.
14. What does Lydia throw at Jack?
(a) The picture she thought was of Beverly.
(b) Her necklace Jack gave her.
(c) One of her romance novels.
(d) All of Jack's letters.
15. What does Lucius mention while leaving the scene?
(a) He should get his hair cut.
(b) He must continue to woo his lady.
(c) He hates Jack.
(d) That he should also duel with Beverly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Scene 4 take place?
2. How does Acres feel the letter should be written?
3. What is Acres discussing with his servant?
4. Where does the Act 4, Scene 3 open?
5. What is Jack's explanation for his sword?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)