|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Was Sheridan familiar with courting practices of the time?
(a) Yes, he eloped with a woman he loved.
(b) No, he never married.
(c) Yes, he married Elizabeth Linsely .
(d) No, he was forced into marriage.
2. Why does Lydia refuse to see Sir and Captain Absolute?
(a) She hates herself for misunderstanding Jack.
(b) She cannot get over her ego.
(c) She feels sickly.
(d) Because she swears her love to Beverly.
3. How does Acres want to approach the duel?
(a) very calmly.
(b) with anger and passion.
(c) with strategy.
(d) with confidence.
4. What does Lucius prompt Acres to do?
(a) Fight for the heart of Lydia.
(b) Leave London.
(c) Go after Julia.
(d) Declare a duel on Beverly.
5. Why is Jack so forlorn?
(a) He lost in title.
(b) Faulkland no longer will speak with him .
(c) He has lost all his money.
(d) Lydia has rejected him.
6. How do the women stop the fight?
(a) They throw themselevs in front of others .
(b) They let the men fight .
(c) Lydia claims she will only marry Jack.
(d) They appeal to the men with their womanly wiles.
7. Why does Julia take Faulkland back?
(a) Because she sees he is not so sullen at the duel.
(b) She wants to be with him.
(c) He begs her for forgiveness.
(d) He is sullen.
8. Who does Jack pretend to be as he sees his father arrive?
(a) Mr. Sanderson.
(b) Mr Hughes.
(c) Mr. Anderson.
(d) Mr. Dwight.
9. Why is Lydia stunned to meet the new suitor?
(a) She wishes she was with Acres.
(b) Beverly seems to be her new suitor .
(c) She wants to die a widow.
(d) She was never supposed to marry anyone.
10. What does Sir Lucius hear as he sees Jack approaching?
(a) Jack speaking to himself.
(b) Jack talking to women.
(c) Jack swearing in front of children .
(d) Jack drinking at a bar.
11. Does Mrs. Malaprop decide to forgive Jack?
(a) Yes because she thinks it was funny .
(b) No, she wants more of an apology.
(c) No because she thinks it was a dirty prank .
(d) Yes; she knows that men like pranks.
12. Who informs Julia and Lydia of the impending duels?
(a) Sir Anthony.
(b) Mrs. Malaprop.
(d) Acres .
13. Where does Jack wait for Faulkland?
(a) On the North Parade.
(b) In the park.
(c) On the South Parade.
(d) on the beach .
14. What do all of the scenes foreshadow?
(a) the middle of the play.
(b) the resolution to the story.
(c) the climax of the story.
(d) the begining of a new story.
15. How Do Lydia and Jack reveal their thoughts to the rest of the room?
(a) They do not say how they feel.
(b) They write poems to express their feelings .
(c) They communicate directly to each other.
(d) They speak directly to the audience.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Scene 4 take place?
2. What can't Lydia see through her anger?
3. What does Jack propose to Mrs. Malaprop?
4. What does Sir Anthony think of the ruse his son has put on?
5. How does Acres feel the letter should be written?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)