|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lydia feel like she was treated?
(a) Like a child.
(b) Like a smart woman.
(c) As though she has no feelings.
(d) Like a teenager.
2. Who tries to talk Acres out of the duel?
(b) Acres' father.
(d) His servant, David.
3. Who writes the challenge to Beverly?
(a) Jack Absolute.
4. What does Acres call David?
(a) a close friend.
(b) a good servant.
(c) a brother.
(d) a coward.
5. What does the audience begin to wonder?
(a) Why Jack has told the truth.
(b) How the three men will resolve their love quarrels.
(c) Why the three men do not communicate better.
(d) Why Lydia does not choose her own husband.
6. What else does Acres ask of Jack?
(a) For him to be his second in the duel.
(b) Jack's opinion on his new clothes.
(c) For him to be a great friend.
(d) For Jack to get him a new outfit.
7. What does Jack say he will call Acres?
(a) Flailing Bob.
(b) Fighting Bob.
(c) Failure Bob.
(d) Flagging Bob.
8. What don't the two men realize?
(a) They both hate Jack.
(b) They both are in love with Julia.
(c) They have no idea who Faulkland is.
(d) They are courting the same woman.
9. What does Sir Lucius hear as he sees Jack approaching?
(a) Jack talking to women.
(b) Jack swearing in front of children .
(c) Jack speaking to himself.
(d) Jack drinking at a bar.
10. How do the women stop the fight?
(a) Lydia claims she will only marry Jack.
(b) They throw themselevs in front of others .
(c) They let the men fight .
(d) They appeal to the men with their womanly wiles.
11. Who is Sir Lucius looking for?
(a) Sir Absolute.
(b) Mrs Malaprop.
(d) Captain Absolute.
12. What does Julia do when she finds out that the lie was a test?
(a) She breaks off the engagement because she cannot stand the testing.
(b) Throws her arms around Faulkalnd.
(c) gives up .
(d) fleas the scene.
13. What does Sir Anthony think of the ruse his son has put on?
(a) He hates Jack for the prank.
(b) He thinks it's funny.
(c) He does not understand why Jack has played the trick.
(d) He thinks Lydia is a silly girl to not love his son.
14. What do the women decide to do?
(a) Stay at home.
(b) Create a diversion.
(c) Care for each other.
(d) Go to the duel site and stop the men from killing each other.
15. What does Sir Anthony believe about Julia and Faulkland?
(a) Faulkland will leave Julia.
(b) Jack would have been a better husband.
(c) That Julia will mend Faulkland.
(d) Faulkland will not change.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Acres discussing with his servant?
2. What does Lucius mention while leaving the scene?
3. What did Sherdian experience in his own life?
4. Where are all the main characters at the end of this scene?
5. How does Acres feel the letter should be written?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)