|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is funny about this situation?
(a) Acres cares more about his clothes than his life.
(b) Acres is extremely serious.
(c) Jack is Beverly.
(d) Beverly does not exist.
2. Who does Acres get to deliver the challenge?
(a) a stranger.
(b) His friend, Jack Absolute.
(d) Lydia .
3. What does Acres call David?
(a) a brother.
(b) a close friend.
(c) a coward.
(d) a good servant.
4. What does Jack realize about Lydia?
(a) He does not love her.
(b) She is even more beautiful than he remembered.
(c) He wishes to break the engagement.
(d) She has betrayed their correspondence.
5. What else does Acres ask of Jack?
(a) Jack's opinion on his new clothes.
(b) For him to be his second in the duel.
(c) For Jack to get him a new outfit.
(d) For him to be a great friend.
6. What happens at the end of their conversation?
(a) Lydia bursts into tears.
(b) Sir Anthony calls for amends.
(c) Lydia laughs hysterically.
(d) Jack pleads for Lydia's forgiveness.
7. Upon Jack's revelation that he is Beverly, what happens?
(a) Everyone is confused.
(b) Julia faints.
(c) Someone screams .
(d) Acres refuses to fight, but Sir Lucius wishes to duel.
8. Where does Acres send David?
(a) To see Lydia.
(b) To the post office.
(c) To get Jack.
(d) To buy new clothes.
9. What does Jack propose to Mrs. Malaprop?
(a) That he and Mrs Malaprop elope.
(b) For Jack and Lydia to elope.
(c) That he challenge Beverly to a duel.
(d) For Lydia and Beverly to try to elope.
10. What does Julia do when she finds out that the lie was a test?
(a) gives up .
(b) Throws her arms around Faulkalnd.
(c) fleas the scene.
(d) She breaks off the engagement because she cannot stand the testing.
11. What can't Lydia see through her anger?
(a) She has no imagination.
(b) That Jack loves her .
(c) She is too influenced by what she reads.
(d) That Beverly and Jack are actually the same man.
12. What does Lydia throw at Jack?
(a) All of Jack's letters.
(b) One of her romance novels.
(c) Her necklace Jack gave her.
(d) The picture she thought was of Beverly.
13. How does Lydia feel about the situation?
(a) She feels she must discuss with Julia.
(b) Like her ego has been squashed .
(c) She is thrilled and wants to marry Jack.
(d) Her heart has turned cold toward Beverly.
14. What does Sir Anthony believe about Julia and Faulkland?
(a) That Julia will mend Faulkland.
(b) Faulkland will not change.
(c) Faulkland will leave Julia.
(d) Jack would have been a better husband.
15. What do the women decide to do?
(a) Create a diversion.
(b) Stay at home.
(c) Care for each other.
(d) Go to the duel site and stop the men from killing each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julia's letter say?
2. How does Acres want to approach the duel?
3. How do the women stop the fight?
4. Where does the Act 4, Scene 3 open?
5. What does Mrs Malaprop call Jack?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)