|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lydia refuse to see Sir and Captain Absolute?
(a) Because she swears her love to Beverly.
(b) She cannot get over her ego.
(c) She hates herself for misunderstanding Jack.
(d) She feels sickly.
2. What does Jack persuade Lydia to do?
(a) run away with him .
(b) not marry Jack.
(c) not marry Beverly.
(d) be his mistress.
3. How do the two women leave the room?
(a) Lydia fleas the room.
(b) They do not leave.
(c) Mrs. Malaprop escorts Lydia out with her hand over her mouth.
(d) Mrs Malaprop makes Beverly/Ensign leave the room .
4. What did Sherdian experience in his own life?
(a) the love of women.
(c) writing poetry.
5. Why does Jack refuse to speak?
(a) Jack is not in this scene.
(b) He feels self conscience.
(c) His throat hurts.
(d) Because Lydia will know that Jack is Beverly.
6. Where does Scene 4 take place?
(a) In Acres' lodgings.
(b) At Jack's home.
(c) In Lucius' lodgings.
(d) At Sir Anthony's house.
7. What does Sir Anthony believe about Julia and Faulkland?
(a) That Julia will mend Faulkland.
(b) Faulkland will not change.
(c) Faulkland will leave Julia.
(d) Jack would have been a better husband.
8. What does Mrs Malaprop call Jack?
(a) a sweet toy.
(b) pineapple of politeness.
(c) a nice lady.
(d) a charming you gent.
9. What is Jack's explanation for his sword?
(a) That he is wooing Lydia with her romantic tendencies.
(b) He is praciticing his fencing techniques.
(c) He is going to duel.
(d) He wants to kill himself .
10. Who is Sir Lucius looking for?
(a) Mrs Malaprop.
(b) Captain Absolute.
(d) Sir Absolute.
11. What word does Mrs. Malaprop misuse in this section?
(c) Popsicle .
12. What does the viewer wonder?
(a) Where Jack is going.
(b) How Sheridan feels.
(c) How Acres feels.
(d) What Jack is thinking.
13. What does Lydia throw at Jack?
(a) One of her romance novels.
(b) The picture she thought was of Beverly.
(c) All of Jack's letters.
(d) Her necklace Jack gave her.
14. Upon Jack's revelation that he is Beverly, what happens?
(a) Everyone is confused.
(b) Someone screams .
(c) Julia faints.
(d) Acres refuses to fight, but Sir Lucius wishes to duel.
15. Where does Acres send David?
(a) To get Jack.
(b) To see Lydia.
(c) To buy new clothes.
(d) To the post office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Malaprop tell Jack about?
2. Why is Faulkland afraid to open Julia's letter?
3. Why is Mrs. Malaprop concerned that Lydia is speaking well of Beverly?
4. Who writes the challenge to Beverly?
5. Where will the duel be held?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)