|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Acres get to deliver the challenge?
(a) a stranger.
(b) His friend, Jack Absolute.
(d) Lydia .
2. How do the two women leave the room?
(a) Mrs. Malaprop escorts Lydia out with her hand over her mouth.
(b) Mrs Malaprop makes Beverly/Ensign leave the room .
(c) They do not leave.
(d) Lydia fleas the room.
3. Has Jack's ruse failed?
(a) No, Lydia loves him.
(b) No, Mrs Malaprop loves him .
(c) Yes, and his father is very angry.
(d) Yes, Lydia is hurt.
4. Where does Acres send David?
(a) To the post office.
(b) To see Lydia.
(c) To get Jack.
(d) To buy new clothes.
5. What does the audience begin to wonder?
(a) How the three men will resolve their love quarrels.
(b) Why Lydia does not choose her own husband.
(c) Why Jack has told the truth.
(d) Why the three men do not communicate better.
6. Was Sheridan familiar with courting practices of the time?
(a) No, he never married.
(b) No, he was forced into marriage.
(c) Yes, he married Elizabeth Linsely .
(d) Yes, he eloped with a woman he loved.
7. How do the women stop the fight?
(a) Lydia claims she will only marry Jack.
(b) They throw themselevs in front of others .
(c) They let the men fight .
(d) They appeal to the men with their womanly wiles.
8. Which scene is the most comical?
(a) Scene 4.
(b) Scene 2.
(c) Scene 1.
(d) Scene 3.
9. Why does Lydia refuse to see Sir and Captain Absolute?
(a) She cannot get over her ego.
(b) She hates herself for misunderstanding Jack.
(c) She feels sickly.
(d) Because she swears her love to Beverly.
10. How would Sir Lucius like to settle the quarrel?
(a) an honest conversation.
(b) with an intervention.
(c) a freindly game .
(d) In a duel.
11. Where does Jack wait for Faulkland?
(a) On the South Parade.
(b) In the park.
(c) On the North Parade.
(d) on the beach .
12. What does Sir Anthony think of the ruse his son has put on?
(a) He does not understand why Jack has played the trick.
(b) He thinks it's funny.
(c) He thinks Lydia is a silly girl to not love his son.
(d) He hates Jack for the prank.
13. What does Jack propose to Mrs. Malaprop?
(a) For Lydia and Beverly to try to elope.
(b) For Jack and Lydia to elope.
(c) That he challenge Beverly to a duel.
(d) That he and Mrs Malaprop elope.
14. What do the women decide to do?
(a) Create a diversion.
(b) Stay at home.
(c) Go to the duel site and stop the men from killing each other.
(d) Care for each other.
15. What does Sir Lucius do when he learns that Mrs. Malaprop is not Lydia?
(a) Declares his love.
(b) Wishes to get to know her better.
(c) Does not believe the reavalation .
(d) Refuses Delia/Mrs Malaprop's advances.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is funny about this situation?
2. What does the viewer wonder?
3. What is Jack ready to do?
4. Why is Jack so forlorn?
5. Who is Sir Lucius looking for?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)