|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sherdian experience in his own life?
(b) writing poetry.
(c) the love of women.
2. Where will the duel be held?
(a) Stone Park.
(b) Hallows Hills.
(c) King's Mead Fields.
(d) Tower Meadow.
3. Has Sheridan ever killed someone?
(a) Yes he posioned his wife.
(c) Yes in a duel.
(d) No he was never in a duel.
4. Who writes the challenge to Beverly?
(c) Jack Absolute.
5. Which scene is the most comical?
(a) Scene 1.
(b) Scene 4.
(c) Scene 3.
(d) Scene 2.
6. What does Julia's letter say?
(a) She wishes to speak to Faulkland .
(b) That she completely forgives Faulkland and must see him as soon as possible.
(c) She is worried for Faulkland.
(d) She is worried for herself.
7. Upon Jack's revelation that he is Beverly, what happens?
(a) Acres refuses to fight, but Sir Lucius wishes to duel.
(b) Julia faints.
(c) Everyone is confused.
(d) Someone screams .
8. What does Jack propose to Mrs. Malaprop?
(a) For Jack and Lydia to elope.
(b) For Lydia and Beverly to try to elope.
(c) That he challenge Beverly to a duel.
(d) That he and Mrs Malaprop elope.
9. Who tells Sir Anthony about the duel?
(d) Mrs Malaprop.
10. As Faulkland enters, what does Jack say he will let Sir Lucius do?
(a) Cut his throat.
(b) Be his friend.
(c) Shoot him.
(d) Carry him home.
11. What does Jack say he will call Acres?
(a) Flagging Bob.
(b) Flailing Bob.
(c) Fighting Bob.
(d) Failure Bob.
12. Why does Lydia refuse to see Sir and Captain Absolute?
(a) She feels sickly.
(b) She hates herself for misunderstanding Jack.
(c) Because she swears her love to Beverly.
(d) She cannot get over her ego.
13. Where does Jack wait for Faulkland?
(a) On the South Parade.
(b) In the park.
(c) on the beach .
(d) On the North Parade.
14. Who informs Julia and Lydia of the impending duels?
(a) Mrs. Malaprop.
(b) Acres .
(d) Sir Anthony.
15. How does Acres want to approach the duel?
(a) very calmly.
(b) with confidence.
(c) with strategy.
(d) with anger and passion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sir Lucius looking for?
2. Who tries to talk Acres out of the duel?
3. What don't the two men realize?
4. Why does Jack refuse to speak?
5. What does Acres call David?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)