|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack learn about his parents?
(a) They had a love match.
(b) They wish they wouldnt have had a son.
(c) They did not want to marry one another.
(d) They had a marriage of convenience.
2. What is an accomplishment for this play?
(a) That is ran 10 nights.
(b) It ran for 10 years.
(c) The play ran for 5 months.
(d) the play ran for 5 years.
3. Why is Faulkland sad?
(a) Julia is dying.
(b) Because Julia is unhappy.
(c) Julia has decided to leave him.
(d) Because Julia is happy.
4. What must Julia frequently do?
(a) Listen to the advice of others.
(b) Assure Faulkland of her love.
(c) Go into town.
(d) Touch up her makeup.
5. What makes Julia cry?
(a) Faulkland's indifference.
(b) Faulkland's hounding.
(c) Jack's inability to love her.
(d) Her brother's death.
6. What does Lucius think Lydia is?
(a) a misguided youth.
(b) A mistress of language.
(c) an old soul.
(d) A loose woman.
7. What does Mrs. Malaprop's note confuse?
(a) longing and loathing.
(b) critiques and compliments .
(c) love with lust.
(d) induction with seduction.
8. What is an arranged proposal?
(a) Whe two people love each other very much.
(b) An arranged love match.
(c) When two people decide to marry.
(d) Marrying someone a person does not know or love.
9. Who stands in the way of the lovers?
(b) Lydia's aunt.
(c) Jack's father.
10. What does Faulkland lack?
(a) realtistic romantic ideas.
(b) love for Julia.
(c) a sense of humor.
(d) the ability to be mad at Julia.
11. Who scolds Lucy on passing notes?
12. What can Sheridan be found guilty of?
(a) making the audience feel morally inept .
(b) writing a horrible play .
(c) a bad atempt to please.
(d) being a very sad drama.
13. Who is she waiting for?
(a) Sir Luicius O-Trigger.
14. What will happen if Jack refuses?
(a) He will be disinherited by his father.
(b) Jack will be abandoned.
(c) Jack will have no options for a wife.
(d) His father will love him unconditionally.
15. Who is courting Julia?
(b) Mr. Faulkland.
(c) Sir Lucius.
(d) Jack .
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faulkland promise himself?
2. What is an empire?
3. What does Julia discuss in the second part of the prologue?
4. Finish the quote: "Our suit and ....
5. What does Acres confide in Jack?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)