|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Are Mr. Faulkland and Jack good friends?
(a) No, because the two were in a duel together.
(d) Yes, but onlyu because Jack feels bad for him.
2. Why does Jack act innocent?
(a) Because he wants people to like him .
(b) He pretends he will go along with his father's plan.
(c) He never wants to be made a fool of.
(d) Jack is not innocent.
3. Who does the sergeant at law present the play to?
(a) very wealthy people.
(b) the audience.
(c) the reader.
(d) his freinds.
4. What movement was Sheridan a part of?
(a) to re-establish the Comedy of Manners as an acceptable and welcomed form of entertainment.
(b) Shakespeare's time.
(c) The Resistance.
(d) The Renaissance.
5. What is an empire?
(a) Sir Anthony's estate's name.
(b) The name of his dog .
(c) Who Jack is fighting for in the war.
(d) A large kingdom.
6. Does Fag inform Jack about his intended?
(a) No because his master has made him angry.
(d) Yes because he wishes to be rewarded by Jack.
7. What does Lucy gives Lucius?
(a) A note supposedly written by Lydia.
(b) a scarf.
(c) A handkerchief .
(d) A token of her love.
8. Who is courting Julia?
(b) Jack .
(c) Sir Lucius.
(d) Mr. Faulkland.
9. Who is Bob Acres?
(a) A rival of Faulkland's.
(b) A suitor for Julia.
(c) A rival of Beverly Ensign's.
(d) A friend of Faulkland's.
10. What does Jack claim his new desire is?
(a) To marry who ever his father chooses.
(b) die honorably in a war.
(c) be a bachelor.
(d) go abroad.
11. Who has Thomas brought to Bath?
(a) Sir Anthony & Madam Julia.
(b) His long time freind Stanley.
(c) His footman.
(d) His wife and young child.
12. Who has Mrs. Malaprop been corresponding with?
(c) Lucius O'Trigger.
(d) Sir Anthony.
13. Why is Sir Absolute in Bath?
(a) To overcome a fever.
(b) To see his son.
(c) To see his wife.
(d) To heal a case of gout.
14. What does Sir Absolute have for Jack?
(b) a solution.
(c) a proposition.
(d) a question.
15. What does Sir Absolute fail to mention?
(a) That he wishes Jack was not his son.
(b) That he wishes he could be young again.
(c) That he is in love with Mrs Malaprop.
(d) That the heiress is Lydia .
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Lucy give Fag?
2. What does Mrs Malaprop misuse all the time?
3. Why is Mr Faulkland so sad?
4. What does connive mean?
5. What is Mrs. Malaprop's pen name?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)