|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sir Absolute fail to mention?
(a) That he is in love with Mrs Malaprop.
(b) That the heiress is Lydia .
(c) That he wishes he could be young again.
(d) That he wishes Jack was not his son.
2. What was occurring in English culture and literature as Sheridan wrote the play?
(a) A new styles or wiriting plays.
(b) When Sheridan wrote THE RIVALS, there was great debate about what type of drama should fill the English stage.
(c) The Black Plague totally killed the evolution of culture.
(d) The fashions and styles.
3. What does Lucy gives Lucius?
(a) a scarf.
(b) A token of her love.
(c) A note supposedly written by Lydia.
(d) A handkerchief .
4. Who has Lydia lost?
(a) Ensign Beverly.
(b) her mother.
(c) Aunt Malaprop.
(d) her dog.
5. What makes Julia cry?
(a) Her brother's death.
(b) Faulkland's indifference.
(c) Jack's inability to love her.
(d) Faulkland's hounding.
6. Who does Captain Absolute give money to?
(a) Lucy, Lydia's lady's maid.
(c) Mr. Faulkland.
7. What is Captain Absolute's disguise?
(a) a poor enlisted soldier.
(b) a woman.
(c) an old maid.
(d) an old man.
8. What news does Lucy give Fag?
(a) She would like him to court her.
(b) Jack Absolute and Beverly are rivals for Lydia's hand.
(c) She is having an affair with Lucius.
(d) She has many people she bribes.
9. Who does Lucius kiss?
(d) Mrs. Malaprop.
10. Where is Lucy at the beginning of Act 2 Scene 2?
(a) On the corner of Thompson & Frank Ave .
(b) North Parade in Bath
(c) In a carriage.
(d) In Stone park.
11. What does Sir Absolute have for Jack?
(a) a solution.
(c) a proposition.
(d) a question.
12. What does Faulkland regret?
(a) His words to Julia.
(b) His inability to leave Julia.
(c) His inability to love.
(d) His melancohly attitude.
13. What will Lydia lose if she marries Beverly?
(a) Her mind.
(b) Her inheritance.
(c) Her independence.
(d) Her sassiness.
14. What does Lucy contemplate?
(a) How to become a governess.
(b) How to make more money.
(c) How to find a husband.
(d) If Captain Absolute will also pay her for bribes.
15. What does Mrs. Malaprop's note confuse?
(a) love with lust.
(b) longing and loathing.
(c) critiques and compliments .
(d) induction with seduction.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the play begin?
2. Finish the quote: "Can a comedy...."
3. What does Acres confide in Jack?
4. Who exists the stage first?
5. What does Julia discuss in the second part of the prologue?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)