|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faulkland regret?
(a) His inability to love.
(b) His words to Julia.
(c) His melancohly attitude.
(d) His inability to leave Julia.
2. Why is Faulkland sad?
(a) Because Julia is happy.
(b) Julia is dying.
(c) Julia has decided to leave him.
(d) Because Julia is unhappy.
3. What does Lucius think Lydia is?
(a) A mistress of language.
(b) an old soul.
(c) A loose woman.
(d) a misguided youth.
4. Who intervened in Lydia's affairs with Beverly?
(b) Her Unlce.
(c) Mrs. Malaprop.
5. Who is Sir Absolute's son?
(a) Captain Jacob.
(b) Captain Jack.
(c) Captain Jefferson.
(d) Captain John.
6. What does Jack learn about his parents?
(a) They had a marriage of convenience.
(b) They did not want to marry one another.
(c) They wish they wouldnt have had a son.
(d) They had a love match.
7. What are some of the names of books Lydia reads?
(a) Lost Women.
(b) The Fatal Connexion.
(c) Fatal Attraction.
(d) Stories of Love and Lust .
8. What is an empire?
(a) Sir Anthony's estate's name.
(b) A large kingdom.
(c) The name of his dog .
(d) Who Jack is fighting for in the war.
9. What does disinherit mean?
(a) For one to gain money.
(b) For one to lose an inheritance.
(c) To lose friends.
(d) To gain friends .
10. Does Sheridan believe all plays should have a moral point of view?
(c) Yes because it is the only way to see the errors of our ways.
(d) Sometimes, depending on the subject matter.
11. What is Faukland's love?
(a) self serving.
12. What does Jack do as he exits the stage?
(a) Yells at Fag.
(b) Slams his fist into his chest.
(c) Curses at his father.
(d) Pushes Fag out of the way.
13. What makes Julia cry?
(a) Jack's inability to love her.
(b) Her brother's death.
(c) Faulkland's hounding.
(d) Faulkland's indifference.
14. What must Julia frequently do?
(a) Touch up her makeup.
(b) Listen to the advice of others.
(c) Go into town.
(d) Assure Faulkland of her love.
15. Who does Lucius kiss?
(a) Mrs. Malaprop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack decide to do?
2. What does he call the audience?
3. By bribing the sergeant at law, who is Sheridan also bribing?
4. Finish the quote: "Can a comedy...."
5. Who is Captain Absolute courting?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)