|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julia discuss in the second part of the prologue?
(a) her ideal husband.
(b) her wardrobe.
(c) the differences between comedy and tragedy.
(d) her ideas about love.
2. Why is Faulkland sad?
(a) Because Julia is unhappy.
(b) Julia is dying.
(c) Because Julia is happy.
(d) Julia has decided to leave him.
3. Who intervened in Lydia's affairs with Beverly?
(b) Her Unlce.
(d) Mrs. Malaprop.
4. Who scolds Lucy on passing notes?
5. What does Lydia think of Mr. Faulkland?
(a) He loves Lydia very much .
(b) He is attractive.
(c) She thinks he is jealous and ungrateful.
(d) She thinks he is romantic.
6. What does Jack do as he exits the stage?
(a) Yells at Fag.
(b) Slams his fist into his chest.
(c) Pushes Fag out of the way.
(d) Curses at his father.
7. Are Mr. Faulkland and Jack good friends?
(a) No, because the two were in a duel together.
(c) Yes, but onlyu because Jack feels bad for him.
8. Who is Sir Absolute's son?
(a) Captain Jack.
(b) Captain Jefferson.
(c) Captain Jacob.
(d) Captain John.
9. Who has Lydia lost?
(a) Aunt Malaprop.
(b) Ensign Beverly.
(c) her dog.
(d) her mother.
10. What will Lydia lose if she marries Beverly?
(a) Her mind.
(b) Her sassiness.
(c) Her independence.
(d) Her inheritance.
11. What does he call the audience?
(a) People ready to be fooled.
(b) The court of public opinion.
(c) His best friends.
(d) A bunch of idiots.
12. How does the lawyer get the sergeant at law to accept the paper?
(a) He offers to marry his daughter.
(b) He promises to invest in the sergeant at law's business.
(c) He invites the sergeant at law to dinner.
(d) He slips money to the sergeant at law.
13. Why is Sir Absolute in Bath?
(a) To heal a case of gout.
(b) To see his wife.
(c) To see his son.
(d) To overcome a fever.
14. Why is Mr Faulkland so sad?
(a) He thinks Julia is not doing well.
(b) He misses Julia.
(c) He is sad to hear that Julia is happy.
(d) He misses his freind Jack.
15. What kind of comedy is this play?
(a) A comedy of manners.
(b) a comedy of errors.
(c) a comedy of problems.
(d) a fable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Fag inform Jack about his intended?
2. Who is Captain Absolute courting?
3. Who does Lucius kiss?
4. What is Mrs. Malaprop's pen name?
5. What does Sir Absolute have for Jack?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)