|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does connive mean?
(a) To gather.
(b) To concentrate.
(c) To con.
(d) To change.
2. What does Sir Absolute have for Jack?
(a) a solution.
(b) a question.
(d) a proposition.
3. What play is this for Richard Sheridan?
(a) His tenth.
(b) His second.
(c) He is not the author of this book .
(d) His first.
4. Why does Lydia like Beverly Ensign?
(a) He is sweet to her.
(b) He tries to impress her with his poetry.
(c) Because he is ectremely rich.
(d) Because he is a poor soldier.
5. Who has Thomas brought to Bath?
(a) His long time freind Stanley.
(b) Sir Anthony & Madam Julia.
(c) His wife and young child.
(d) His footman.
6. Who scolds Lucy on passing notes?
7. Why is Julia happy?
(a) She is in love with another person.
(b) She is very self sufficient.
(c) Because she trusts Faulkland is true to her.
(d) She is deeply in love.
8. Finish the quote: "Can a comedy...."
(a) make people mad?
(b) charm the fancy and yet reach the heart?
(c) charm the heart?
(d) inspire new feelings?
9. How did Julia's relationship with Faulkland begin?
(a) Julia was introduced to him by Jack.
(b) Julia's father promised Faulkland her hand.
(c) Julia met Faulkland on the street.
(d) Faulkland fell in love with Julia from afar.
10. Who does the sergeant at law present the play to?
(a) the audience.
(b) his freinds.
(c) the reader.
(d) very wealthy people.
11. What other word does Mrs. Malaprop's note confuse?
(a) liked and loathed.
(b) superfluous with superficial.
(c) wrong and right.
(d) life and love.
12. Where does Act II begin?
(a) In Mrs Malaprop's house.
(b) In Captain Absolute's lodgings.
(c) in Sir Anthony's house.
(d) In the park.
13. Who does Captain Absolute give money to?
(b) Mr. Faulkland.
(c) Lucy, Lydia's lady's maid.
14. What does Lydia think of Mr. Faulkland?
(a) She thinks he is romantic.
(b) She thinks he is jealous and ungrateful.
(c) He loves Lydia very much .
(d) He is attractive.
15. How does Act 3, Scene 2 begin?
(a) Julia's dressing room.
(b) Sir Anthony';s study.
(c) Sir Anthony's receiving room.
(d) Jack's study.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lucy receiving bribes for doing?
2. What news does Lucy give Fag?
3. What is Thomas' occupation?
4. Who intervened in Lydia's affairs with Beverly?
5. What does Faulkland promise himself?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)