|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Act 3, Scene 2 begin?
(a) Sir Anthony's receiving room.
(b) Jack's study.
(c) Julia's dressing room.
(d) Sir Anthony';s study.
2. Finish the quote: "Our suit and ....
(a) are too small."
(b) trial are over."
(c) too tight for me to wear."
(d) pants look nice."
3. Does Fag inform Jack about his intended?
(a) Yes because he wishes to be rewarded by Jack.
(b) No because his master has made him angry.
4. What does Julia discuss in the second part of the prologue?
(a) her ideal husband.
(b) her wardrobe.
(c) her ideas about love.
(d) the differences between comedy and tragedy.
5. Where is Lucy at the beginning of Act 2 Scene 2?
(a) North Parade in Bath
(b) In Stone park.
(c) In a carriage.
(d) On the corner of Thompson & Frank Ave .
6. What does Jack decide to do?
(a) Remain a bachelor.
(b) Refuse to marry Lydia.
(c) Agree to marry Julia .
(d) Go along with the arrangement and pretend not to know Lydia.
7. Does Sheridan believe all plays should have a moral point of view?
(a) Sometimes, depending on the subject matter.
(d) Yes because it is the only way to see the errors of our ways.
8. What does Lucy contemplate?
(a) How to find a husband.
(b) How to become a governess.
(c) How to make more money.
(d) If Captain Absolute will also pay her for bribes.
9. What will Lydia lose if she marries Beverly?
(a) Her mind.
(b) Her sassiness.
(c) Her inheritance.
(d) Her independence.
10. What does the sergeant at law claim when he is given this item?
(a) He would like another peice of chocolate.
(b) He would like to quit his job.
(c) He wishes for more money .
(d) That he cannot see the paper.
11. What does Sir Absolute have for Jack?
(a) a solution.
(c) a question.
(d) a proposition.
12. What play is this for Richard Sheridan?
(a) His first.
(b) He is not the author of this book .
(c) His tenth.
(d) His second.
13. Why does Lydia like Beverly Ensign?
(a) Because he is ectremely rich.
(b) He tries to impress her with his poetry.
(c) Because he is a poor soldier.
(d) He is sweet to her.
14. Finish the quote: "Can a comedy...."
(a) inspire new feelings?
(b) make people mad?
(c) charm the heart?
(d) charm the fancy and yet reach the heart?
15. What does Jack learn about his parents?
(a) They had a love match.
(b) They did not want to marry one another.
(c) They wish they wouldnt have had a son.
(d) They had a marriage of convenience.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jack act innocent?
2. What is Mrs. Malaprop's pen name?
3. Why is Mr Faulkland so sad?
4. How does the play begin?
5. What does Mrs Malaprop misuse all the time?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)