|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucius think Lydia is?
(a) A mistress of language.
(b) A loose woman.
(c) an old soul.
(d) a misguided youth.
2. Who exists the stage first?
(a) no one exits.
(b) the lawyer.
(c) they exits together.
(d) the sergeant .
3. What makes Julia cry?
(a) Faulkland's indifference.
(b) Jack's inability to love her.
(c) Faulkland's hounding.
(d) Her brother's death.
4. How does the lawyer get the sergeant at law to accept the paper?
(a) He promises to invest in the sergeant at law's business.
(b) He slips money to the sergeant at law.
(c) He offers to marry his daughter.
(d) He invites the sergeant at law to dinner.
5. Who does Captain Absolute give money to?
(a) Lucy, Lydia's lady's maid.
(d) Mr. Faulkland.
6. What kind of comedy is this play?
(a) a fable.
(b) a comedy of problems.
(c) A comedy of manners.
(d) a comedy of errors.
7. What news does Lucy give Fag?
(a) She is having an affair with Lucius.
(b) Jack Absolute and Beverly are rivals for Lydia's hand.
(c) She would like him to court her.
(d) She has many people she bribes.
8. What does Jack do as he exits the stage?
(a) Slams his fist into his chest.
(b) Yells at Fag.
(c) Curses at his father.
(d) Pushes Fag out of the way.
9. What does disinherit mean?
(a) For one to gain money.
(b) To lose friends.
(c) To gain friends .
(d) For one to lose an inheritance.
10. What does Faulkland regret?
(a) His words to Julia.
(b) His inability to leave Julia.
(c) His melancohly attitude.
(d) His inability to love.
11. Does Fag inform Jack about his intended?
(b) No because his master has made him angry.
(c) Yes because he wishes to be rewarded by Jack.
12. What is Mrs. Malaprop's pen name?
13. What must Julia frequently do?
(a) Listen to the advice of others.
(b) Assure Faulkland of her love.
(c) Touch up her makeup.
(d) Go into town.
14. What is an arranged proposal?
(a) When two people decide to marry.
(b) Whe two people love each other very much.
(c) An arranged love match.
(d) Marrying someone a person does not know or love.
15. Why is Mr Faulkland so sad?
(a) He misses his freind Jack.
(b) He thinks Julia is not doing well.
(c) He is sad to hear that Julia is happy.
(d) He misses Julia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act II begin?
2. What does Faulkland lack?
3. Who stands in the way of the lovers?
4. What is Sir Absolute's ward's name?
5. What does Sir Absolute have for Jack?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)