|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an empire?
(a) Who Jack is fighting for in the war.
(b) A large kingdom.
(c) Sir Anthony's estate's name.
(d) The name of his dog .
2. What is Captain Absolute's disguise?
(a) a poor enlisted soldier.
(b) a woman.
(c) an old man.
(d) an old maid.
3. What does the attorney hand to the sergeant at law?
(a) a present .
(b) a stick of gum.
(c) a piece of paper.
(d) some chocolate.
4. Who is she waiting for?
(d) Sir Luicius O-Trigger.
5. What is Thomas' occupation?
6. Finish the quote: "Can a comedy...."
(a) make people mad?
(b) charm the heart?
(c) charm the fancy and yet reach the heart?
(d) inspire new feelings?
7. By bribing the sergeant at law, who is Sheridan also bribing?
(a) his critics.
(b) the audience.
(c) his enemies.
(d) his peers.
8. Why is Acres confused with Faulkand's reaction to the news?
(a) They do not think it is manly that Faulkland cares.
(b) He thinks Faulkland should be happy to hear that Julia is well.
(c) They assumed Faulkland and Julia are over.
(d) Faulkland has no reaction to Juila's welfare .
9. What does Lucy gives Lucius?
(a) A token of her love.
(b) A note supposedly written by Lydia.
(c) A handkerchief .
(d) a scarf.
10. What does the play exhibit?
(a) the lyricism of Sheridan's tones.
(b) Sheridan's humorous writing style.
(c) the shared human condition.
11. What is an accomplishment for this play?
(a) The play ran for 5 months.
(b) the play ran for 5 years.
(c) That is ran 10 nights.
(d) It ran for 10 years.
12. What does he call the audience?
(a) People ready to be fooled.
(b) The court of public opinion.
(c) A bunch of idiots.
(d) His best friends.
13. Who stands in the way of the lovers?
(a) Lydia's aunt.
(c) Jack's father.
14. How is Jack a contrite son?
(a) He is not contrite at all.
(b) He shows his sadness.
(c) He pretends to be happy.
(d) He chooses to not listen to his father.
15. What is Lucy receiving bribes for doing?
(a) Plotting Lydia/Beverly elopement and delivering messages from Beverly to Lydia.
(b) Having an affair with Jack.
(c) Creating stories about the people around her.
(d) Keeping secrets .
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs Malaprop misuse all the time?
2. What can Sheridan be found guilty of?
3. Who intervened in Lydia's affairs with Beverly?
4. Why is Sir Absolute in Bath?
5. What tone is immediately set for the play?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)