|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack decide to do?
(a) Refuse to marry Lydia.
(b) Agree to marry Julia .
(c) Remain a bachelor.
(d) Go along with the arrangement and pretend not to know Lydia.
2. Why does Jack act innocent?
(a) He never wants to be made a fool of.
(b) He pretends he will go along with his father's plan.
(c) Jack is not innocent.
(d) Because he wants people to like him .
3. Who does Lucius kiss?
(b) Mrs. Malaprop.
4. What type of love does Julia offer?
(d) unconditional true love.
5. Are Mr. Faulkland and Jack good friends?
(a) No, because the two were in a duel together.
(d) Yes, but onlyu because Jack feels bad for him.
6. What is an accomplishment for this play?
(a) It ran for 10 years.
(b) The play ran for 5 months.
(c) That is ran 10 nights.
(d) the play ran for 5 years.
7. What other word does Mrs. Malaprop's note confuse?
(a) liked and loathed.
(b) superfluous with superficial.
(c) life and love.
(d) wrong and right.
8. Where is Lucy at the beginning of Act 2 Scene 2?
(a) In a carriage.
(b) North Parade in Bath
(c) On the corner of Thompson & Frank Ave .
(d) In Stone park.
9. What does Faulkland lack?
(a) a sense of humor.
(b) the ability to be mad at Julia.
(c) realtistic romantic ideas.
(d) love for Julia.
10. What does disinherit mean?
(a) For one to gain money.
(b) To gain friends .
(c) For one to lose an inheritance.
(d) To lose friends.
11. What does Jack claim his new desire is?
(a) die honorably in a war.
(b) To marry who ever his father chooses.
(c) be a bachelor.
(d) go abroad.
12. What is Captain Absolute's disguise?
(a) an old man.
(b) a poor enlisted soldier.
(c) a woman.
(d) an old maid.
13. What does he call the audience?
(a) A bunch of idiots.
(b) The court of public opinion.
(c) People ready to be fooled.
(d) His best friends.
14. What does Lucy contemplate?
(a) How to find a husband.
(b) If Captain Absolute will also pay her for bribes.
(c) How to make more money.
(d) How to become a governess.
15. What does the attorney hand to the sergeant at law?
(a) a piece of paper.
(b) a stick of gum.
(c) a present .
(d) some chocolate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does not exist in this play?
2. Who has Mrs. Malaprop been corresponding with?
3. What does Lydia think of Mr. Faulkland?
4. What is tangled?
5. Where does Act II begin?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)