|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who intervened in Lydia's affairs with Beverly?
(b) Her Unlce.
(c) Mrs. Malaprop.
2. Where is Fag headed at the end of the scene?
(a) He goes to tell his master who is "rival" is.
(b) To see Faulkland.
(c) to see his lover.
(d) to gamble and drink.
3. What movement was Sheridan a part of?
(a) The Resistance.
(b) to re-establish the Comedy of Manners as an acceptable and welcomed form of entertainment.
(c) Shakespeare's time.
(d) The Renaissance.
4. Who is she waiting for?
(c) Sir Luicius O-Trigger.
5. What is Mrs. Malaprop's pen name?
6. What does Sir Absolute fail to mention?
(a) That he wishes he could be young again.
(b) That the heiress is Lydia .
(c) That he is in love with Mrs Malaprop.
(d) That he wishes Jack was not his son.
7. What does Lucy contemplate?
(a) How to find a husband.
(b) If Captain Absolute will also pay her for bribes.
(c) How to become a governess.
(d) How to make more money.
8. Where is Lucy at the beginning of Act 2 Scene 2?
(a) On the corner of Thompson & Frank Ave .
(b) In Stone park.
(c) In a carriage.
(d) North Parade in Bath
9. What does Jack claim his new desire is?
(a) die honorably in a war.
(b) go abroad.
(c) be a bachelor.
(d) To marry who ever his father chooses.
10. What is an accomplishment for this play?
(a) It ran for 10 years.
(b) The play ran for 5 months.
(c) the play ran for 5 years.
(d) That is ran 10 nights.
11. What will happen if Jack refuses?
(a) His father will love him unconditionally.
(b) Jack will have no options for a wife.
(c) Jack will be abandoned.
(d) He will be disinherited by his father.
12. What does not exist in this play?
(a) A sassy tone.
(b) truthful characters.
(c) Deep meaning or morals.
(d) kind witnesses.
13. Who does Captain Absolute give money to?
(a) Mr. Faulkland.
(b) Lucy, Lydia's lady's maid.
14. Why is Faulkland sad?
(a) Julia is dying.
(b) Julia has decided to leave him.
(c) Because Julia is unhappy.
(d) Because Julia is happy.
15. What is Captain Absolute's disguise?
(a) a poor enlisted soldier.
(b) a woman.
(c) an old man.
(d) an old maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lucy feel guilty?
2. How does the lawyer get the sergeant at law to accept the paper?
3. What does disinherit mean?
4. Who exists the stage first?
5. What does the play exhibit?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)