|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Lucy at the beginning of Act 2 Scene 2?
(a) North Parade in Bath
(b) In Stone park.
(c) In a carriage.
(d) On the corner of Thompson & Frank Ave .
2. What was occurring in English culture and literature as Sheridan wrote the play?
(a) The fashions and styles.
(b) A new styles or wiriting plays.
(c) The Black Plague totally killed the evolution of culture.
(d) When Sheridan wrote THE RIVALS, there was great debate about what type of drama should fill the English stage.
3. Finish the quote: "Our suit and ....
(a) trial are over."
(b) pants look nice."
(c) are too small."
(d) too tight for me to wear."
4. Who does the sergeant at law present the play to?
(a) his freinds.
(b) the audience.
(c) very wealthy people.
(d) the reader.
5. By bribing the sergeant at law, who is Sheridan also bribing?
(a) his peers.
(b) his enemies.
(c) his critics.
(d) the audience.
6. What does Lucy gives Lucius?
(a) A handkerchief .
(b) A token of her love.
(c) a scarf.
(d) A note supposedly written by Lydia.
7. What movement was Sheridan a part of?
(a) The Renaissance.
(b) Shakespeare's time.
(c) to re-establish the Comedy of Manners as an acceptable and welcomed form of entertainment.
(d) The Resistance.
8. What does Lydia think of Mr. Faulkland?
(a) He is attractive.
(b) She thinks he is jealous and ungrateful.
(c) He loves Lydia very much .
(d) She thinks he is romantic.
9. How long has Julia loved Mr. Faulkland?
(a) a couple of years.
(b) for a month.
(c) Since he rescued her.
(d) Since she was a child.
10. What does Faulkland regret?
(a) His melancohly attitude.
(b) His inability to love.
(c) His words to Julia.
(d) His inability to leave Julia.
11. What kind of comedy is this play?
(a) a fable.
(b) A comedy of manners.
(c) a comedy of problems.
(d) a comedy of errors.
12. Does Fag inform Jack about his intended?
(a) No because his master has made him angry.
(d) Yes because he wishes to be rewarded by Jack.
13. What does Faulkland lack?
(a) a sense of humor.
(b) love for Julia.
(c) realtistic romantic ideas.
(d) the ability to be mad at Julia.
14. What is Faukland's love?
(c) self serving.
15. What does Jack do as he exits the stage?
(a) Slams his fist into his chest.
(b) Pushes Fag out of the way.
(c) Curses at his father.
(d) Yells at Fag.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is Jack interested in his father's description of Lydia?
2. What is an accomplishment for this play?
3. Who does Lucius kiss?
4. How does Fag exit?
5. What must Julia frequently do?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)