|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is she waiting for?
(c) Sir Luicius O-Trigger.
2. What does Sheridan invite the audience to do?
(a) create a time of enjoyment.
(b) confuse their morals.
(c) question their states of mind.
3. What does Sir Anthony blame Lydia's attitude on?
(a) poetry books.
(b) the group of freinds she is with.
(c) gossip rags.
(d) her romance novels.
4. What does he call the audience?
(a) People ready to be fooled.
(b) The court of public opinion.
(c) A bunch of idiots.
(d) His best friends.
5. What does Faulkland promise himself?
(a) He will continue to pester Julia.
(b) They he will never distress Julia again.
(c) To court another woman.
(d) He will leave Julia.
6. What does Jack learn about his parents?
(a) They had a love match.
(b) They had a marriage of convenience.
(c) They did not want to marry one another.
(d) They wish they wouldnt have had a son.
7. Why is Faulkland sad?
(a) Because Julia is happy.
(b) Because Julia is unhappy.
(c) Julia has decided to leave him.
(d) Julia is dying.
8. Who does the sergeant at law present the play to?
(a) very wealthy people.
(b) his freinds.
(c) the audience.
(d) the reader.
9. Why is Acres confused with Faulkand's reaction to the news?
(a) They assumed Faulkland and Julia are over.
(b) They do not think it is manly that Faulkland cares.
(c) He thinks Faulkland should be happy to hear that Julia is well.
(d) Faulkland has no reaction to Juila's welfare .
10. How long has Julia loved Mr. Faulkland?
(a) Since she was a child.
(b) Since he rescued her.
(c) for a month.
(d) a couple of years.
11. What does Sir Absolute have for Jack?
(a) a question.
(c) a proposition.
(d) a solution.
12. How does Fag exit?
(a) He writes a letter .
(b) He hits the young messenger boy.
(c) He trips and falls.
(d) He yells at Jack.
13. Who is courting Julia?
(a) Sir Lucius.
(b) Jack .
(d) Mr. Faulkland.
14. What can Sheridan be found guilty of?
(a) a bad atempt to please.
(b) being a very sad drama.
(c) making the audience feel morally inept .
(d) writing a horrible play .
15. What does the attorney hand to the sergeant at law?
(a) some chocolate.
(b) a stick of gum.
(c) a present .
(d) a piece of paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Captain Absolute's disguise?
2. What does Mrs. Malaprop's note confuse?
3. Who has Mrs. Malaprop been corresponding with?
4. What does not exist in this play?
5. Where does Act II begin?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)