|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an arranged proposal?
(a) Marrying someone a person does not know or love.
(b) When two people decide to marry.
(c) Whe two people love each other very much.
(d) An arranged love match.
2. How does Act 3, Scene 2 begin?
(a) Jack's study.
(b) Sir Anthony's receiving room.
(c) Julia's dressing room.
(d) Sir Anthony';s study.
3. What does Faulkland lack?
(a) the ability to be mad at Julia.
(b) a sense of humor.
(c) realtistic romantic ideas.
(d) love for Julia.
4. Where is Lucy at the beginning of Act 2 Scene 2?
(a) In a carriage.
(b) North Parade in Bath
(c) In Stone park.
(d) On the corner of Thompson & Frank Ave .
5. What is tangled?
(a) Lydia's hair.
(b) the story.
(c) Sir Anthony's words.
(d) The web Sheridan weaves.
6. What is Captain Absolute's disguise?
(a) an old maid.
(b) an old man.
(c) a poor enlisted soldier.
(d) a woman.
7. What does Jack learn about his parents?
(a) They had a marriage of convenience.
(b) They did not want to marry one another.
(c) They wish they wouldnt have had a son.
(d) They had a love match.
8. How does Fag exit?
(a) He hits the young messenger boy.
(b) He trips and falls.
(c) He writes a letter .
(d) He yells at Jack.
9. How did Julia's relationship with Faulkland begin?
(a) Faulkland fell in love with Julia from afar.
(b) Julia's father promised Faulkland her hand.
(c) Julia was introduced to him by Jack.
(d) Julia met Faulkland on the street.
10. Why does Jack act innocent?
(a) Jack is not innocent.
(b) He pretends he will go along with his father's plan.
(c) Because he wants people to like him .
(d) He never wants to be made a fool of.
11. What does Jack decide to do?
(a) Remain a bachelor.
(b) Refuse to marry Lydia.
(c) Go along with the arrangement and pretend not to know Lydia.
(d) Agree to marry Julia .
12. What will Lydia lose if she marries Beverly?
(a) Her sassiness.
(b) Her inheritance.
(c) Her independence.
(d) Her mind.
13. Why is Mr Faulkland so sad?
(a) He misses Julia.
(b) He misses his freind Jack.
(c) He is sad to hear that Julia is happy.
(d) He thinks Julia is not doing well.
14. What other word does Mrs. Malaprop's note confuse?
(a) wrong and right.
(b) liked and loathed.
(c) life and love.
(d) superfluous with superficial.
15. What is an empire?
(a) Sir Anthony's estate's name.
(b) The name of his dog .
(c) A large kingdom.
(d) Who Jack is fighting for in the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Captain Absolute courting?
2. Is Jack interested in his father's description of Lydia?
3. Who stands in the way of the lovers?
4. What does Faulkland promise himself?
5. Why does Lydia like Beverly Ensign?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)