|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act I, Scene II take place?
(a) In Julia's bedroom.
(b) In Sir Anthony's town house.
(c) The dressing room of Lydia's Aunt Malaprop.
(d) In the living room.
2. Who does Captain Absolute give money to?
(a) Lucy, Lydia's lady's maid.
(d) Mr. Faulkland.
3. What play is this for Richard Sheridan?
(a) His first.
(b) He is not the author of this book .
(c) His second.
(d) His tenth.
4. How does the play begin?
(a) In Bath on a sunny afternoon.
(b) At a party in London .
(c) With two lovers quarreling .
(d) With an attorney bribing a sergeant at law.
5. Does Sheridan believe all plays should have a moral point of view?
(b) Sometimes, depending on the subject matter.
(d) Yes because it is the only way to see the errors of our ways.
6. What does not exist in this play?
(a) A sassy tone.
(b) Deep meaning or morals.
(c) kind witnesses.
(d) truthful characters.
7. What is Faukland's love?
(d) self serving.
8. What does Lucy contemplate?
(a) How to become a governess.
(b) How to find a husband.
(c) If Captain Absolute will also pay her for bribes.
(d) How to make more money.
9. What does Jack learn about his parents?
(a) They had a love match.
(b) They had a marriage of convenience.
(c) They did not want to marry one another.
(d) They wish they wouldnt have had a son.
10. What is Captain Absolute's disguise?
(a) an old maid.
(b) an old man.
(c) a woman.
(d) a poor enlisted soldier.
11. What does Faulkland lack?
(a) realtistic romantic ideas.
(b) a sense of humor.
(c) the ability to be mad at Julia.
(d) love for Julia.
12. What does Julia fall in love with?
(a) Faulkland's tragic romantic fantasies.
(b) Faulkland's eyes.
(c) Fualkland's words.
(d) Faulkland's hands.
13. Who scolds Lucy on passing notes?
14. What other word does Mrs. Malaprop's note confuse?
(a) liked and loathed.
(b) superfluous with superficial.
(c) wrong and right.
(d) life and love.
15. What will Lydia lose if she marries Beverly?
(a) Her sassiness.
(b) Her inheritance.
(c) Her mind.
(d) Her independence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faulkland regret?
2. What is Mrs. Malaprop's pen name?
3. What must Julia frequently do?
4. Where is Fag headed at the end of the scene?
5. Who has Lydia lost?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)