|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What play is this for Richard Sheridan?
(a) His tenth.
(b) His first.
(c) He is not the author of this book .
(d) His second.
2. What is Captain Absolute's disguise?
(a) a woman.
(b) an old maid.
(c) a poor enlisted soldier.
(d) an old man.
3. Who is Bob Acres?
(a) A suitor for Julia.
(b) A rival of Faulkland's.
(c) A rival of Beverly Ensign's.
(d) A friend of Faulkland's.
4. Does Fag inform Jack about his intended?
(b) Yes because he wishes to be rewarded by Jack.
(d) No because his master has made him angry.
5. What does Mrs Malaprop misuse all the time?
6. What does the sergeant at law claim when he is given this item?
(a) He wishes for more money .
(b) He would like another peice of chocolate.
(c) He would like to quit his job.
(d) That he cannot see the paper.
7. What does Lucius think Lydia is?
(a) an old soul.
(b) A loose woman.
(c) A mistress of language.
(d) a misguided youth.
8. Who does Captain Absolute give money to?
(b) Mr. Faulkland.
(c) Lucy, Lydia's lady's maid.
9. Why does Jack act innocent?
(a) He never wants to be made a fool of.
(b) He pretends he will go along with his father's plan.
(c) Jack is not innocent.
(d) Because he wants people to like him .
10. What does Julia fall in love with?
(a) Faulkland's tragic romantic fantasies.
(b) Faulkland's hands.
(c) Faulkland's eyes.
(d) Fualkland's words.
11. Who has Lydia lost?
(a) Ensign Beverly.
(b) her dog.
(c) her mother.
(d) Aunt Malaprop.
12. What does he call the audience?
(a) A bunch of idiots.
(b) His best friends.
(c) People ready to be fooled.
(d) The court of public opinion.
13. What can Sheridan be found guilty of?
(a) making the audience feel morally inept .
(b) writing a horrible play .
(c) being a very sad drama.
(d) a bad atempt to please.
14. Who is Captain Absolute courting?
(a) Linda Languish.
(b) Lydia Languish.
(c) Lucinda Languish.
(d) Lucy Languish.
15. What will Lydia lose if she marries Beverly?
(a) Her inheritance.
(b) Her mind.
(c) Her independence.
(d) Her sassiness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen if Jack refuses?
2. What is an accomplishment for this play?
3. What does Sheridan invite the audience to do?
4. What does connive mean?
5. Who is courting Julia?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)