|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lucy feel guilty?
(a) She hopes to make a better life for herself.
(b) She does not wish to misguide Lydia.
(c) about her duplicity.
(d) she loves Fag.
2. Finish the quote: "Our suit and ....
(a) too tight for me to wear."
(b) pants look nice."
(c) are too small."
(d) trial are over."
3. What does disinherit mean?
(a) To gain friends .
(b) To lose friends.
(c) For one to lose an inheritance.
(d) For one to gain money.
4. What news does Lucy give Fag?
(a) She would like him to court her.
(b) She has many people she bribes.
(c) She is having an affair with Lucius.
(d) Jack Absolute and Beverly are rivals for Lydia's hand.
5. When was the prologue added?
(a) when the play premiered.
(b) This prologue was added after the show re-opened and had reached its tenth night.
(c) 10 years after the play premiered.
(d) as an afterthought.
6. What play is this for Richard Sheridan?
(a) He is not the author of this book .
(b) His second.
(c) His first.
(d) His tenth.
7. What does Lydia think of Mr. Faulkland?
(a) She thinks he is jealous and ungrateful.
(b) He is attractive.
(c) He loves Lydia very much .
(d) She thinks he is romantic.
8. What is Thomas' occupation?
9. What does Lucy gives Lucius?
(a) A note supposedly written by Lydia.
(b) A token of her love.
(c) A handkerchief .
(d) a scarf.
10. What is Sir Absolute's ward's name?
11. What are some of the names of books Lydia reads?
(a) Stories of Love and Lust .
(b) Lost Women.
(c) Fatal Attraction.
(d) The Fatal Connexion.
12. What does Julia discuss in the second part of the prologue?
(a) her wardrobe.
(b) the differences between comedy and tragedy.
(c) her ideal husband.
(d) her ideas about love.
13. What does Lucy contemplate?
(a) How to find a husband.
(b) If Captain Absolute will also pay her for bribes.
(c) How to make more money.
(d) How to become a governess.
14. Who is courting Julia?
(a) Sir Lucius.
(c) Mr. Faulkland.
(d) Jack .
15. Finish the quote: "Can a comedy...."
(a) make people mad?
(b) inspire new feelings?
(c) charm the heart?
(d) charm the fancy and yet reach the heart?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faulkland promise himself?
2. Who stands in the way of the lovers?
3. Who does the sergeant at law present the play to?
4. Who is Sir Absolute's son?
5. What will Lydia lose if she marries Beverly?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)