|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Malaprop's note confuse?
(a) induction with seduction.
(b) love with lust.
(c) longing and loathing.
(d) critiques and compliments .
2. What is an accomplishment for this play?
(a) the play ran for 5 years.
(b) That is ran 10 nights.
(c) It ran for 10 years.
(d) The play ran for 5 months.
3. How does Act 3, Scene 2 begin?
(a) Sir Anthony';s study.
(b) Sir Anthony's receiving room.
(c) Julia's dressing room.
(d) Jack's study.
4. Finish the quote: "Our suit and ....
(a) too tight for me to wear."
(b) are too small."
(c) pants look nice."
(d) trial are over."
5. What must Julia frequently do?
(a) Touch up her makeup.
(b) Go into town.
(c) Assure Faulkland of her love.
(d) Listen to the advice of others.
6. What does Sir Absolute fail to mention?
(a) That the heiress is Lydia .
(b) That he wishes he could be young again.
(c) That he is in love with Mrs Malaprop.
(d) That he wishes Jack was not his son.
7. What does Julia fall in love with?
(a) Fualkland's words.
(b) Faulkland's tragic romantic fantasies.
(c) Faulkland's hands.
(d) Faulkland's eyes.
8. Who exists the stage first?
(a) the sergeant .
(b) no one exits.
(c) they exits together.
(d) the lawyer.
9. How does the play begin?
(a) In Bath on a sunny afternoon.
(b) At a party in London .
(c) With an attorney bribing a sergeant at law.
(d) With two lovers quarreling .
10. Why does Lydia like Beverly Ensign?
(a) Because he is a poor soldier.
(b) Because he is ectremely rich.
(c) He is sweet to her.
(d) He tries to impress her with his poetry.
11. What was occurring in English culture and literature as Sheridan wrote the play?
(a) When Sheridan wrote THE RIVALS, there was great debate about what type of drama should fill the English stage.
(b) The fashions and styles.
(c) A new styles or wiriting plays.
(d) The Black Plague totally killed the evolution of culture.
12. Why is Faulkland sad?
(a) Julia has decided to leave him.
(b) Julia is dying.
(c) Because Julia is happy.
(d) Because Julia is unhappy.
13. Who is Captain Absolute courting?
(a) Lucy Languish.
(b) Linda Languish.
(c) Lydia Languish.
(d) Lucinda Languish.
14. What will happen if Jack refuses?
(a) Jack will be abandoned.
(b) He will be disinherited by his father.
(c) His father will love him unconditionally.
(d) Jack will have no options for a wife.
15. Who is she waiting for?
(b) Sir Luicius O-Trigger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does connive mean?
2. What is an arranged proposal?
3. What does not exist in this play?
4. How long has Julia loved Mr. Faulkland?
5. Where is Lucy at the beginning of Act 2 Scene 2?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)