|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julia discuss in the second part of the prologue?
(a) her wardrobe.
(b) the differences between comedy and tragedy.
(c) her ideal husband.
(d) her ideas about love.
2. What does the play exhibit?
(a) the shared human condition.
(b) Sheridan's humorous writing style.
(c) the lyricism of Sheridan's tones.
3. Who is Sir Absolute's son?
(a) Captain Jack.
(b) Captain John.
(c) Captain Jefferson.
(d) Captain Jacob.
4. Does Fag inform Jack about his intended?
(a) Yes because he wishes to be rewarded by Jack.
(c) No because his master has made him angry.
5. How long has Julia loved Mr. Faulkland?
(a) Since he rescued her.
(b) a couple of years.
(c) for a month.
(d) Since she was a child.
6. How does Fag exit?
(a) He trips and falls.
(b) He hits the young messenger boy.
(c) He yells at Jack.
(d) He writes a letter .
7. What does the sergeant at law claim when he is given this item?
(a) He would like another peice of chocolate.
(b) He would like to quit his job.
(c) That he cannot see the paper.
(d) He wishes for more money .
8. What movement was Sheridan a part of?
(a) The Renaissance.
(b) The Resistance.
(c) Shakespeare's time.
(d) to re-establish the Comedy of Manners as an acceptable and welcomed form of entertainment.
9. Who does Captain Absolute give money to?
(a) Lucy, Lydia's lady's maid.
(c) Mr. Faulkland.
10. By bribing the sergeant at law, who is Sheridan also bribing?
(a) the audience.
(b) his critics.
(c) his peers.
(d) his enemies.
11. What does Lucy contemplate?
(a) If Captain Absolute will also pay her for bribes.
(b) How to find a husband.
(c) How to become a governess.
(d) How to make more money.
12. What is an accomplishment for this play?
(a) It ran for 10 years.
(b) the play ran for 5 years.
(c) That is ran 10 nights.
(d) The play ran for 5 months.
13. Who stands in the way of the lovers?
(c) Lydia's aunt.
(d) Jack's father.
14. What is Sir Absolute's ward's name?
15. What does Sir Absolute fail to mention?
(a) That the heiress is Lydia .
(b) That he is in love with Mrs Malaprop.
(c) That he wishes Jack was not his son.
(d) That he wishes he could be young again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Faukland's love?
2. What does Faulkland promise himself?
3. What does Sheridan invite the audience to do?
4. Why does Lucy feel guilty?
5. What tone is immediately set for the play?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)