|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who exists the stage first?
(a) the sergeant .
(b) the lawyer.
(c) they exits together.
(d) no one exits.
2. Where does Act I, Scene II take place?
(a) In the living room.
(b) In Sir Anthony's town house.
(c) The dressing room of Lydia's Aunt Malaprop.
(d) In Julia's bedroom.
3. Who has Thomas brought to Bath?
(a) Sir Anthony & Madam Julia.
(b) His long time freind Stanley.
(c) His wife and young child.
(d) His footman.
4. What kind of comedy is this play?
(a) A comedy of manners.
(b) a fable.
(c) a comedy of problems.
(d) a comedy of errors.
5. What tone is immediately set for the play?
(a) a forelorn tone .
(b) a humorous tone.
(c) a sad tone.
(d) a somber tone.
6. Who has Mrs. Malaprop been corresponding with?
(b) Lucius O'Trigger.
(d) Sir Anthony.
7. What other word does Mrs. Malaprop's note confuse?
(a) wrong and right.
(b) life and love.
(c) superfluous with superficial.
(d) liked and loathed.
8. What does Jack decide to do?
(a) Go along with the arrangement and pretend not to know Lydia.
(b) Agree to marry Julia .
(c) Refuse to marry Lydia.
(d) Remain a bachelor.
9. How did Julia's relationship with Faulkland begin?
(a) Julia's father promised Faulkland her hand.
(b) Faulkland fell in love with Julia from afar.
(c) Julia met Faulkland on the street.
(d) Julia was introduced to him by Jack.
10. Does Sheridan believe all plays should have a moral point of view?
(a) Yes because it is the only way to see the errors of our ways.
(d) Sometimes, depending on the subject matter.
11. Where is Fag headed at the end of the scene?
(a) He goes to tell his master who is "rival" is.
(b) To see Faulkland.
(c) to see his lover.
(d) to gamble and drink.
12. What does the sergeant at law claim when he is given this item?
(a) He wishes for more money .
(b) He would like to quit his job.
(c) He would like another peice of chocolate.
(d) That he cannot see the paper.
13. What does Jack do as he exits the stage?
(a) Pushes Fag out of the way.
(b) Yells at Fag.
(c) Slams his fist into his chest.
(d) Curses at his father.
14. Are Mr. Faulkland and Jack good friends?
(b) Yes, but onlyu because Jack feels bad for him.
(d) No, because the two were in a duel together.
15. Is Jack interested in his father's description of Lydia?
(a) Yes very much so.
(b) He acts as though he is not.
(c) Jack would rather speak about fighting.
(d) No he is not at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Faulkland sad?
2. Who does the sergeant at law present the play to?
3. What does Acres confide in Jack?
4. What news does Lucy give Fag?
5. Who is courting Julia?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)