|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the prologue added?
(a) as an afterthought.
(b) 10 years after the play premiered.
(c) when the play premiered.
(d) This prologue was added after the show re-opened and had reached its tenth night.
2. What type of love does Julia offer?
(d) unconditional true love.
3. What movement was Sheridan a part of?
(a) Shakespeare's time.
(b) The Renaissance.
(c) The Resistance.
(d) to re-establish the Comedy of Manners as an acceptable and welcomed form of entertainment.
4. Does Mrs. Malaprop decide to forgive Jack?
(a) No, she wants more of an apology.
(b) Yes because she thinks it was funny .
(c) No because she thinks it was a dirty prank .
(d) Yes; she knows that men like pranks.
5. What does connive mean?
(a) To gather.
(b) To change.
(c) To concentrate.
(d) To con.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act I, Scene II take place?
2. Who has Lydia lost?
3. What does Jack decide to do?
4. Who is Captain Absolute courting?
5. Who goes to visit Acres?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)