|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sheridan invite the audience to do?
(a) confuse their morals.
(c) create a time of enjoyment.
(d) question their states of mind.
2. Finish the quote: "Can a comedy...."
(a) inspire new feelings?
(b) charm the fancy and yet reach the heart?
(c) charm the heart?
(d) make people mad?
3. Who is Sir Absolute's son?
(a) Captain Jacob.
(b) Captain Jack.
(c) Captain John.
(d) Captain Jefferson.
4. What tone is immediately set for the play?
(a) a somber tone.
(b) a forelorn tone .
(c) a sad tone.
(d) a humorous tone.
5. What play is this for Richard Sheridan?
(a) He is not the author of this book .
(b) His tenth.
(c) His first.
(d) His second.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does not exist in this play?
2. Why does Lydia like Beverly Ensign?
3. Who stands in the way of the lovers?
4. What is Mrs. Malaprop's pen name?
5. What does Mrs Malaprop misuse all the time?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)