|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the lawyer get the sergeant at law to accept the paper?
(a) He offers to marry his daughter.
(b) He promises to invest in the sergeant at law's business.
(c) He invites the sergeant at law to dinner.
(d) He slips money to the sergeant at law.
2. What movement was Sheridan a part of?
(a) The Renaissance.
(b) to re-establish the Comedy of Manners as an acceptable and welcomed form of entertainment.
(c) The Resistance.
(d) Shakespeare's time.
3. Who does the sergeant at law present the play to?
(a) the audience.
(b) very wealthy people.
(c) the reader.
(d) his freinds.
4. When was the prologue added?
(a) as an afterthought.
(b) when the play premiered.
(c) This prologue was added after the show re-opened and had reached its tenth night.
(d) 10 years after the play premiered.
5. What does not exist in this play?
(a) A sassy tone.
(b) truthful characters.
(c) kind witnesses.
(d) Deep meaning or morals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Captain Absolute give money to?
2. Who exists the stage first?
3. Who is Sir Absolute's son?
4. Where do the two servants meet?
5. By bribing the sergeant at law, who is Sheridan also bribing?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)