|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By bribing the sergeant at law, who is Sheridan also bribing?
(a) his enemies.
(b) the audience.
(c) his peers.
(d) his critics.
2. What is being judged?
(a) The town of Bath.
(c) Sheridan's play.
(d) the actions of the characters.
3. Who has Mrs. Malaprop been corresponding with?
(c) Lucius O'Trigger.
(d) Sir Anthony.
4. Why does Lydia like Beverly Ensign?
(a) He is sweet to her.
(b) Because he is ectremely rich.
(c) He tries to impress her with his poetry.
(d) Because he is a poor soldier.
5. What does Julia discuss in the second part of the prologue?
(a) her ideal husband.
(b) her ideas about love.
(c) the differences between comedy and tragedy.
(d) her wardrobe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Thomas' occupation?
2. Where do the two servants meet?
3. What does Mrs Malaprop misuse all the time?
4. Who intervened in Lydia's affairs with Beverly?
5. What does not exist in this play?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)