|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of comedy is this play?
(a) a comedy of problems.
(b) a fable.
(c) a comedy of errors.
(d) A comedy of manners.
2. What does Sir Anthony blame Lydia's attitude on?
(a) her romance novels.
(b) gossip rags.
(c) poetry books.
(d) the group of freinds she is with.
3. What does the play exhibit?
(a) the shared human condition.
(b) the lyricism of Sheridan's tones.
(d) Sheridan's humorous writing style.
4. How long has Julia loved Mr. Faulkland?
(a) for a month.
(b) Since he rescued her.
(c) Since she was a child.
(d) a couple of years.
5. What does Lydia think of Mr. Faulkland?
(a) She thinks he is romantic.
(b) He is attractive.
(c) He loves Lydia very much .
(d) She thinks he is jealous and ungrateful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was occurring in English culture and literature as Sheridan wrote the play?
2. What is Thomas' occupation?
3. What does Julia discuss in the second part of the prologue?
4. Who has Lydia lost?
5. How does the play begin?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)