|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By bribing the sergeant at law, who is Sheridan also bribing?
(a) his enemies.
(b) his critics.
(c) his peers.
(d) the audience.
2. What does Mrs Malaprop misuse all the time?
3. Who has Lydia lost?
(a) Aunt Malaprop.
(b) Ensign Beverly.
(c) her mother.
(d) her dog.
4. How long has Julia loved Mr. Faulkland?
(a) Since he rescued her.
(b) Since she was a child.
(c) for a month.
(d) a couple of years.
5. What does Sheridan invite the audience to do?
(a) confuse their morals.
(b) question their states of mind.
(c) create a time of enjoyment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julia discuss in the second part of the prologue?
2. Finish the quote: "Our suit and ....
3. Does Sheridan believe all plays should have a moral point of view?
4. What is Mrs. Malaprop's pen name?
5. Who exists the stage first?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)