|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must Julia frequently do?
(a) Listen to the advice of others.
(b) Touch up her makeup.
(c) Assure Faulkland of her love.
(d) Go into town.
2. Why does Lydia like Beverly Ensign?
(a) He is sweet to her.
(b) Because he is a poor soldier.
(c) Because he is ectremely rich.
(d) He tries to impress her with his poetry.
3. How does Lydia feel about the situation?
(a) Her heart has turned cold toward Beverly.
(b) She feels she must discuss with Julia.
(c) Like her ego has been squashed .
(d) She is thrilled and wants to marry Jack.
4. By bribing the sergeant at law, who is Sheridan also bribing?
(a) his enemies.
(b) the audience.
(c) his critics.
(d) his peers.
5. Who tells Sir Anthony about the duel?
(c) Mrs Malaprop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucius start with Jack?
2. Who scolds Lucy on passing notes?
3. What was occurring in English culture and literature as Sheridan wrote the play?
4. What does the attorney hand to the sergeant at law?
5. Does Sheridan believe all plays should have a moral point of view?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)