|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the play exhibit?
(b) the lyricism of Sheridan's tones.
(c) the shared human condition.
(d) Sheridan's humorous writing style.
2. What is Sir Absolute's ward's name?
3. What does Acres confide in Jack?
(a) He is in love with a servant girl.
(b) He is in love with Julia.
(c) He has been improving himself to impress Lydia.
(d) He does not love Lydia.
4. What does Lydia think of Mr. Faulkland?
(a) She thinks he is romantic.
(b) He is attractive.
(c) She thinks he is jealous and ungrateful.
(d) He loves Lydia very much .
5. What is Mrs. Malaprop's pen name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Sheridan believe all plays should have a moral point of view?
2. How does the play begin?
3. What was occurring in English culture and literature as Sheridan wrote the play?
4. How does Fag exit?
5. What kind of comedy is this play?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)