Essay Topic 1
How does Sheridan make it clear that he would like a return of the comedy of manners?
1. Through his words?
2. Actions of the characters?
3. Staging of the play?
Essay Topic 2
1. What type of boyfriend is Faulkland?
2. Why does he feel he must constantly test Julia?
3. At first, how does Julia always react to this?
Essay Topic 3
What does the character of Lucy represent in Sheridan's play?
1. Is it normal to have a woman that is money hungry?
2. Why is that?
3. is it interesting that she does not care for morals?
Essay Topic 4
Research other types of plays and list them.
1. What is the difference between these plays and Sheridan's?
2. Define a comedy of manners
Essay Topic 5
1. How do the characters manipulate each other in the play?
2. Name two characters that use manipulation throughout the play.
3. Explain why they are they way they are.
Essay Topic 6
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)