|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Pharoah's stutter much less noticeable?
(a) because he feels safe with Terrance at home
(b) because he seldom speaks anymore
(c) because of the quiet after Jimmie Lee's conviction
(d) because he is outgrowing it
2. Who is Jimmie Lee?
(a) head of a drug gang called the Conservative Vice Lords whose members control Henry Horner
(b) a rock and roll singer who grew up in the Henry Horner Homes
(c) a policeman who really wants to do something for the project children
(d) a drug addict who terrorizes the children at Henry Horner projects.
3. What is Dawn, Porkchop's sister, about to do?
(a) have another baby
(b) drop out of school
(c) get married
(d) graduate from Crane High School
4. Why do the police take the boys close to their home and drop them off with a stern warning?
(a) Mario Vera, the assistant manager, does not press charges.
(b) Mario Vera, the assistant manager, demands to see their parents.
(c) Mario Vera, the assistant manager, pays for the videos.
(d) Mario Vera, the assistant manager, admits he did not see them.
5. What is the nickname of the child Terrance fathered at age fourteen?
(b) Teddy Bear
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does LaJoe send the boys to stay with her mother a few miles west?
2. How does Terrance spend much of the visitation time?
3. What is Pharoah entered in at school?
4. What is going on when Pharoah and the triplets come home from school three days after Lafeyette's birthday?
5. What had happened to Urica after her mother, her four-year-old sister, and her mother's boyfriend were killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the evidence the police collected against Jimmie Lee?
2. How do Pharoah and Lafeyette happen to run into Rickey on their way for a treat?
3. Describe Lafeyette's frame of mind at Craig's funeral.
4. What is the accusation the local welfare office caseworkers bring against LaJoe?
5. How has Lafeyette's behavior changed since Craig's funeral?
6. Explain why Lafeyette becomes introverted after the death of Bird Leg.
7. Describe how the eight-year-old Urica testifies at a murder trial.
8. Explain the friendship between Pharoah and Rickey.
9. Describe what Pharoah sees as the boys are eating their food outside the Main Street hot dog stand.
10. How is the character of Pharoah developed in the story by how he cannot lie to LaJoe?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)