|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is LaJoe's childhood friend?
(c) Lila Mae
2. What accusation is brought against LaJoe?
(b) child abuse
(c) welfare fraud
(d) drug dealing
3. What is Bird Leg's obsession?
4. How many inmates was the Cook County jail built to house?
(a) twelve hundred
(b) three thousand
(c) seven thousand
(d) seven hundred
5. Why is eight-year-old Urica Winder in court?
(a) as a front for a gang
(b) as a witness to murder
(c) as a shoplifter
(d) as a child prostitute
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Pharoah realize something is wrong?
2. What does Lafeyette fantasize about having in the future?
3. Bird Leg's cousin, Rickey, is full of rage. Why?
4. How old was LaJoe when she first came to the Henry Horner Projects?
5. What does Lafeyette hear someone was doing when he got his legs run over by a train?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the severity of Pharoah's speech impediment.
2. What are some of the serious problems with the construction of the Henry Horner homes?
3. When Lafeyette is caught shoplifting, how does LaJoe react?
4. Explain the friendship between Pharoah and Rickey.
5. How do the boys sometimes make money?
6. Describe Pharoah's problem that gets him eliminated from the spelling bee.
7. Point out the contradictions in the character of Jimmie Lee.
8. Describe the emotions of the project boys and the train passengers as a train passes while the boys search for snakes.
9. What is the quality of Henry Suder Elementary School?
10. How does the teacher's strike of 1988 affect Pharoah?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)