|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bird Leg dressed in at his funeral?
(a) jeans and T-shirt
(b) his basketball uniform
(c) a white jogging suit
(d) a new suit
2. What is Bird Leg's obsession?
3. Why can LaJoe not defend herself well against the accusations?
(a) She is guilty.
(b) She has no education.
(c) She is too timid.
(d) She has no transportation to the hearing.
4. After Urica's testimony, how long does it take the jury to find Lawrence Jackson guilty of murder?
(a) one hour
(b) one week
(c) one day
(d) one afternoon
5. How do the people at Horner Homes call Urica?
(a) a liar
(b) the lucky one
(c) the rat
(d) the miracle child
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pharoah love school?
2. What does the racist policeman say to Lafeyette at the stadium?
3. What does Pharoah bury outside the projects?
4. Where do LaJoe, Lafeyette, Pharoah and the triplets go to visit Terrence?
5. When another person is killed, why do Lafeyette and Pharoah refuse to go to the funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe LaJoe in one or two sentences.
2. Describe Pharoah's problem that gets him eliminated from the spelling bee.
3. What is LaJoe's expectations for Pharoah?
4. Explain the obsession Calvin Robinson has that Lafeyette finds interesting.
5. How is the character of Pharoah developed in the story by how he cannot lie to LaJoe?
6. How does the teacher's strike of 1988 affect Pharoah?
7. Describe the relationship between LaJoe and her husband, Paul.
8. Explain why LaJoe believes Terrence is innocent when she visits him in Cook County Jail.
9. How are Dawn and Demetrius singled out and publicized?
10. Mention something about the character of Craig Davis.
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)