|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of person is Rickey?
(a) a small, frightened boy
(b) a bully and troublemaker in school
(c) a bookworm like Pharoah
(d) a kind boy everyoe likes
2. What solidifies the friendship between Rickey and Pharoah?
(a) Rickey saves Pharoah from getting hit by a bus.
(b) Rickey starts dating Pharoah's cousin.
(c) Rickey punches a bully who had been picking on Pharoah.
(d) Rickey gives Pharoah his lunch money.
3. What can Pharoah do in his secret place?
(a) play with puppies
(b) clear his mind of everything there
(c) watch the girls jump rope
(d) practice his spelling
4. Where do LaJoe, Lafeyette, Pharoah and the triplets go to visit Terrence?
(a) the university
(b) the Cook County Jail
(d) the hospital
5. What event caused riots in the area around the Blackhawk stadium?
(a) the death of Robert Kennedy
(b) the Chicago riots at the Democratic convention
(c) the death of Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) the Kent State shootings
Short Answer Questions
1. What has caused Pharoah to faint?
2. How has Lafeyette's attitude toward Rickey changed?
3. How old was LaJoe when she first came to the Henry Horner Projects?
4. What does Pharoah worry about as he prepares for the contest?
5. What gives Pharoah a headache at the jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between LaJoe and her husband, Paul.
2. Explain the friendship between Pharoah and Rickey.
3. What is the contrast between the murders in an affluent school and the shooting of Alonzo at Horner?
4. Describe Pharoah's problem that gets him eliminated from the spelling bee.
5. How do the boys sometimes make money?
6. Describe LaJoe in one or two sentences.
7. Explain why LaJoe believes Terrence is innocent when she visits him in Cook County Jail.
8. Explain the obsession Calvin Robinson has that Lafeyette finds interesting.
9. Describe Pharoah's secret place.
10. What is the evidence the police collected against Jimmie Lee?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)