|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bird Leg's cousin, Rickey, is full of rage. Why?
(a) He is abused by a teacher.
(b) He cannot get into the gang.
(c) He witnessed Bird Leg's death.
(d) He is always getting beat up.
2. With everyone moved back into the apartment, how many does LaJoe now have to feed?
(a) three adults and thirteen children
(b) four adults and six children
(c) two adults and twelve children
(d) thirteen adults and children
3. After Urica's testimony, how long does it take the jury to find Lawrence Jackson guilty of murder?
(a) one day
(b) one hour
(c) one week
(d) one afternoon
4. What do Lafeyette, Pharoah and their friends do at Chicago Blackhawk and Bulls games?
(a) offer to protect parked cars for game attendees
(b) wash cars while attendees watch the games
(c) help park cars
(d) collect empty drink cans to recycle
5. How has Lafeyette's attitude toward Rickey changed?
(a) He comes to accept him as Pharoah's friend.
(b) He is more suspicious of him than ever.
(c) He never thinks of him any more.
(d) He decides to threaten Rickey.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pharoah think of the lush, grassy lawn around the condominium complex called Damen Courts?
2. What makes Pharoah feel uncomfortable on Chicago Avenue?
3. What treats does LaJoe buy for the children?
4. What do the children call the Henry Horner Homes?
5. What type of person is Rickey?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the boys sometimes make money?
2. How is the character of Pharoah developed in the story by how he cannot lie to LaJoe?
3. Explain the friendship between Pharoah and Rickey.
4. How does LaJoe's house become overcrowded?
5. What are some of the serious problems with the construction of the Henry Horner homes?
6. Mention something about the character of Craig Davis.
7. Describe Pharoah's secret place.
8. How does Lafeyette's attitude change toward Rickey?
9. Describe LaJoe in one or two sentences.
10. What is LaJoe's expectations for Pharoah?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)