|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is LaJoe's childhood friend?
(c) Lila Mae
2. How does Terrance spend much of the visitation time?
(a) lecturing Lafeyette to stay in school and out of trouble
(b) making a list of things for LaJoe to bring him
(c) talking about how he is going to change
(d) complaining about the other inmates
3. How many inmates was the Cook County jail built to house?
(a) seven hundred
(b) seven thousand
(c) three thousand
(d) twelve hundred
4. What does Terrance claim loudly?
(a) that the food is terrible
(b) that he is innocent of the crime
(c) that he will break out
(d) that the guards beat him
5. Why is Lafeyette against the friendship between Rickey and Pharoah?
(a) He worries that Rickey will lead Pharoah into trouble.
(b) He thinks someone is out to kill Rickey.
(c) He worries that Rickey will take his place with Pharoah.
(d) He knows that Rickey is a thief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What solidifies the friendship between Rickey and Pharoah?
2. With everyone moved back into the apartment, how many does LaJoe now have to feed?
3. Who wants to know if Pharoah's cousin Dede will go out with him?
4. What can Pharoah do in his secret place?
5. How do Lafeyette and Pharoah refer to the escalating gang wars and gun battles?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the judge make LaJoe feel after Lafeyette's hearing?
2. How does LaJoe remember the day Terrence was sentenced since Terrence had requested that she not come to court that day?
3. Describe Lafeyette's brush with the law that gets him arrested.
4. Describe the relationship between LaJoe and her husband, Paul.
5. Why does LaJoe's mother move out and how do the boys feel about her moving?
6. Describe Lafeyette's frame of mind at Craig's funeral.
7. What are Lafeyette's nightmares like?
8. Describe the severity of Pharoah's speech impediment.
9. How does the teacher's strike of 1988 affect Pharoah?
10. Why does Terrence agree to participate in an armed robbery?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)