|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dawn, Porkchop's sister, about to do?
(a) get married
(b) drop out of school
(c) graduate from Crane High School
(d) have another baby
2. What are two main threats to the safety of Lafeyette and Pharoah at the Henry Horner Homes?
(a) trains and busses
(b) rats and snakes
(c) food and education
(d) gun battles and gang influences
3. Why will Pharaoh not wear his nylon jacket with the Blackhawk logo?
(a) It is old and faded.
(b) It has a big hole in it.
(c) Several boys have been murdered for their jackets.
(d) The logo is almost falling off.
4. Where does Pharoah go with Lafeyette and Rickey and some other friends?
(a) to visit Bird Leg's grave
(b) window shopping at discount stores on Chicago Avenue
(c) the the top of Horner Homes
(d) to the museum of modern art
5. Bird Leg's cousin, Rickey, is full of rage. Why?
(a) He is always getting beat up.
(b) He cannot get into the gang.
(c) He witnessed Bird Leg's death.
(d) He is abused by a teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What solidifies the friendship between Rickey and Pharoah?
2. Why can LaJoe not defend herself well against the accusations?
3. What becomes stressful to LaJoe to the point of sleepless nights and severe headaches?
4. What is Bird Leg's obsession?
5. What is keeping Pharoah out of school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the evidence the police collected against Jimmie Lee?
2. Point out the contradictions in the character of Jimmie Lee.
3. What is the quality of Henry Suder Elementary School?
4. Describe Lafeyette's academic qualities.
5. Mention something about the character of Craig Davis.
6. How does Lafeyette's attitude change toward Rickey?
7. What is LaJoe's expectations for Pharoah?
8. How do the boys sometimes make money?
9. Explain what happens to Bird Leg.
10. Describe Pharoah's problem that gets him eliminated from the spelling bee.
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)