Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Bird Leg killed?
(a) run over by a train
(b) eating spoiled food
(c) shot in the chest
(d) stabbed in the back
2. Who did LaJoe meet at a dance hall when she was only thirteen, pretending to be sixteen?
(a) Jimmie Lee
3. What does Lafeyette hear someone was doing when he got his legs run over by a train?
(a) hunting for snakes
(c) hopping a moving box car
(d) walking on the railroad ties
4. What is it called when the gang members break a side window of a car at a stoplight and grab a purse or briefcase on the seat?
(a) hit and run
(b) break and run
(c) break and take
(d) smash and grabs
5. What happens to Pharoah on his last word?
(a) He starts to stutter so bad that the judges cannot understand him.
(b) He gets one of his severe headaches.
(c) He suddenly needs to go to the bathroom.
(d) He spells the first four letters and then his throat closes up.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Pharoah realize something is wrong?
2. What solidifies the friendship between Rickey and Pharoah?
3. How does Pharoah work on his stutter?
4. What treats does LaJoe buy for the children?
5. What gives Pharoah a headache at the jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does a policeman treat Lafeyette in the stadium parking lot?
2. What is the evidence the police collected against Jimmie Lee?
3. Describe Pharoah's secret place.
4. Describe the severity of Pharoah's speech impediment.
5. Explain why LaJoe believes Terrence is innocent when she visits him in Cook County Jail.
6. Describe Pharoah's innate honesty.
7. How are Dawn and Demetrius singled out and publicized?
8. Describe LaJoe in one or two sentences.
9. Mention something about the character of Craig Davis.
10. Describe how the eight-year-old Urica testifies at a murder trial.
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)