|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pharoah entered in at school?
(a) an accelerated learning class
(b) his class spelling bee
(c) a mathematics contest
(d) a new PE class
2. Who is LaJoe's one hope of having a child graduate from high school and go on to college?
3. Where does Pharoah go with Lafeyette and Rickey and some other friends?
(a) the the top of Horner Homes
(b) to the museum of modern art
(c) window shopping at discount stores on Chicago Avenue
(d) to visit Bird Leg's grave
4. How does Terrance spend much of the visitation time?
(a) talking about how he is going to change
(b) making a list of things for LaJoe to bring him
(c) lecturing Lafeyette to stay in school and out of trouble
(d) complaining about the other inmates
5. What had happened to Urica after her mother, her four-year-old sister, and her mother's boyfriend were killed?
(a) She had hid under a box and the killers did not see her.
(b) She was stabbed forty-eight times but miraculously survived
(c) She went into shock and could not speak.
(d) She was taken to LaJoe to care for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lafeyette, Pharoah and their friends do at Chicago Blackhawk and Bulls games?
2. When another person is killed, why do Lafeyette and Pharoah refuse to go to the funeral?
3. What happens to Pharoah on his last word?
4. What impediment gets worse in Pharoah after all the summer violence?
5. What type of person is Rickey?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the teacher's strike of 1988 affect Pharoah?
2. How is the character of Pharoah developed in the story by how he cannot lie to LaJoe?
3. How does Lafeyette's attitude change toward Rickey?
4. What is LaJoe's expectations for Pharoah?
5. How does a policeman treat Lafeyette in the stadium parking lot?
6. Explain why Lafeyette becomes introverted after the death of Bird Leg.
7. Describe how the eight-year-old Urica testifies at a murder trial.
8. Describe the relationship between LaJoe and her husband, Paul.
9. Describe LaJoe in one or two sentences.
10. What is the quality of Henry Suder Elementary School?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)