|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How have the stadium's owners, the Wirz family, changed the character of the neighborhood?
(a) by bulldozing homes for parking lots
(b) by putting up youth facilities
(c) by helping homeowners paint their houses
(d) by planting trees and flowers in the neighborhood
2. Who is the son LaJoe is closest to but who disappoints her the most?
3. What do Lafeyette, Pharoah and their friends do at Chicago Blackhawk and Bulls games?
(a) help park cars
(b) offer to protect parked cars for game attendees
(c) wash cars while attendees watch the games
(d) collect empty drink cans to recycle
4. Why does Pharoah love school?
(a) He gets a free breakfast at school.
(b) It is a safe place where he can excel without fear.
(c) He likes to be with the girls.
(d) It is his chance to get out of the projects.
5. When does Pharoah realize something is wrong?
(a) when LaJoe doesn't come home with groceries as usual
(b) when Lafeyette starts talking about joining a gang
(c) when the electricity is shut off
(d) when they start eating a lot of peanut butter sandwiches
Short Answer Questions
1. After Urica's testimony, how long does it take the jury to find Lawrence Jackson guilty of murder?
2. Where do the larger boys play when they visit the railway tracks?
3. Why do Lafeyette and Rickey refuse to take Pharoah back to the railroad tracks?
4. Where does Bird Leg get food for his pets?
5. What happens to LaJoe at the welfare meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lafeyette's academic qualities.
2. How is the character of Pharoah developed in the story by how he cannot lie to LaJoe?
3. How does Lafeyette's attitude change toward Rickey?
4. Describe Pharoah's innate honesty.
5. Explain the obsession Calvin Robinson has that Lafeyette finds interesting.
6. What is the accusation the local welfare office caseworkers bring against LaJoe?
7. What is the quality of Henry Suder Elementary School?
8. Explain what happens to Bird Leg.
9. Describe Pharoah's problem that gets him eliminated from the spelling bee.
10. What is the evidence the police collected against Jimmie Lee?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)